April 2018 Moms
Options

Postpartum check in

How is everyone? Almost three weeks postpartum here. Still pretty sore in the pelvic area and still taking the pain meds on and off. Minor bleeding/spotting. Feel fatigued from a baby who goes between 2-3.5 hours between feeds 24/7. Toddler daughter is adjusting ok but two is exhausting!! I feel more confident as a mom this time but more concerned about my own recovery this time around. I am still pretty sore and I don’t remember that last time. 

Re: Postpartum check in

• Options
    The soreness is mostly gone for me, but there’s still some bleeding. Not too bad anymore, though.

I’m dead tired, too. The baby eats every 1.5-2 hrs, she will be 3 weeks this Saturday. I’ve tried to pump some milk so that my husband could feed her at night every once in a while, but the amount of milk needed for a single night is actually insane for such a small thing, and I can’t get out that much milk over just one day. One of my breasts is totally clogged, and I hate feeding her from it because it hurts so much, so I try to empty it with the pump.

The baby doesn’t sleep much during the day unless I take her out, so I can’t sleep when she’s sleeping. I can barely take a shower/grab something eat/go to the bathroom before she starts crying for food again. I hope this gets easier before I lose my mind. I’ve lost 20 lbs since the birth (which is more than I gained during the pregnancy).
    Me & DH: 28
    EDD #1: 4/2018
  • Options
    @stemgirl11 dangle feeding helped me best when I had a clog with my first DD. Also massaging the clogged spot by pushing towards the nipple, especially in the shower. Hope it gets better fast.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Married April 9, 2011
    TTC since October 2011
    Me 34, DH 40

IUI #5 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture Oct 24, 2014-->BFP!!! EDD July 17, 2015. Panorama=low risk...and it's a GIRL!
    DD born July 10, 2015
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Trying for baby #2!
    IUI #1 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture July 10, 2017-->BFP!!! EDD Apr 2, 2018. Panorama=low risk...and another GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @StephieMK Sorry for the late reply! Thanks for the tips, dangle feeding did end up being the solution :)
  • Options
    How’s it going @stemgirl11? Did your weight loss stabilize?
  • Options
    @rmmorris Yes it did, thanks for asking! :) I’m a couple of pounds lighter than before the pregnancy, but at least my weight is now stable.