Re: Appointments and Updates 4/29 - 5/5

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When is your appointment?
    Wednesday 5/2

How far along will you be?
    11 weeks 3 days

What is being addressed?
    The appointment is at a different location, I believe we are doing the first trimester screening with NT testing.

Comments/questions/concerns:
    Excited/nervous for this upcoming appointment. I also wanna to call and inquire about a midwife and see if its possible to have both an MD and midwife on board.
  • Options
    Amber1174Amber1174 member
    edited April 2018
    When is your appointment?  Thursday, 5/3

10w2d

What is being addressed?
    I am actually seeing a cardiologist.  My OB recommended I have an Ecko and EKG to make sure my cardiac health is ok.

I'm not thrilled about meeting yet another dr, but I will do whatever is necessary to make sure I am in the best health possible to bring out little peanut into the world healthy.

In other news, I haven't had any nausea since I was 5 weeks or so.  Saturday made up for it!  I am now walking around with ginger tea to keep me from constantly feeling nauseous and queasy and my appetite is all but gone.  Any tips to deal with this are very welcome!  TIA!
    Me: 43  Hubs: 42 
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    3 Beautiful Girls: 17, 21, 23 (previous marriage)
    Tubal Reveral: 10/12
    Ecoptic: 3/13 (Lost Right Tube, Left Tube Blocked)
    IVF #1: 3/14  = BFN 
    IVF #2: 3/15  = BFN
    IVF #3: 6/15  = BFN
    FET#1: 11/17 = BFN
    Endometrial Scratch: 2/18
    FET #2: 3/18  = BFP! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Apt: It was today! 4/30

I'm 12weeks 5days

Routine OB. My midwife had a little trouble finding the HB via Doppler. Baby is cozy in there, but eventually she found it and DD got to hear it, which was super special :) I won't have to go again for 6 weeks and that will be anatomy scan. 

Concerns: Not really. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around this one! My previous pregnancy with DD seemed so much more dramatic. I had a SCH at 5 weeks with her and it was really scary and I was still super queasy at this point with her too. She has been a handful her whole life. Maybe this one is going to be my easy baby and I just need to learn to appreciate the lack of dramatic. 
  • Options
    ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited April 2018
    I don’t have an appointment but I have an update that I am not happy about and I didn’t see a Monday bitchfest so I came to the update thread. Sorry if I shouldn’t have.

I am 13+2 and I just found out I pretty much can’t get Progesterone shots because my insurance sucks. They only cover 50% of the most expensive shot on the market, and I just can’t swing it. this baby was a surprise and I had just put money down to start my oldests braces which is a huge chunk of change and pretty much where ALL our extra money is going. So even sucking up the 3 weeks worth of shots to hit my deductible and get down to 10% is about 2k we just don’t have. My clinic told me the one they use is way cheaper but still too expensive to suck up and hit my deductible with. I also don’t want to rack up shots on a credit card. Ughhhhhh I am so beyond frustrated it is not even funny!! Insurance is so backwards. Now I’m going to worry I will have my third pre term labor, extended hospital stay and a possible nicu stay. Which is not what any pregnant women should be doing  :( 
    nws
  • Options
    @ashkee05 that majorly sucks and i agree that insurance is soooo stupid. i remember you mentioning that you were trying to explain to the insurance people how much more expensive a complicated pregnancy plus nicu stay would be vs shots... did you get any traction on that defense? can you keep escalating to the higher ups? 
  • Options
    I'm sorry @ashkee05. That really sucks. It's ridiculous they won't cover to prevent a preterm delivery, because it would be so much cheaper for them than a NICU stay. I hope it all works out and you have a nice big healthy term baby!
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited April 2018
    @highsteaks I can’t tell you how many people I’ve talked to and none seem to care. I even went as far to call higher ups at my job since it was their choice of plan that lays it like this. Everyone probably hates me and my pregnancy rage. I just reached out to the manufacturer since they offer financial assistance. This is my last chance so we will see how long they take and if it’s legit enough to do. Fingers crossed but as of right now so discouraged and annoyed!!
    nws
  • Options
    @ashkee05 I'm so sorry!  That really sucks.  Have you looked into local compounding pharmacies?  I have heard it can be a bit cheaper. I know how frustrating that can be!  During IVF, a medication I needed was over $300 a vial and not covered by my insurance through that pharmacy (which happened to be the only one with that med in stock.  It worked out in the end, but was sooooo stressful!  

Do they have an appeals process?  That deductible can really get you.  Been there before as well.  Praying it all works out for you.  
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @ashkee05 yea i’d be mad at the lack of compassion too. fingers crossed that the manufacturer comes through for you, and quickly.
  • Options
    @Amber1174 my office uses a compound but it’s still a little too expensive with no insurance help. I am regretting starting braces this year cause I’d be a lot more flexible but we definitely can’t afford both and I already started paying for the braces!! Gotta love life 
    nws
  • Options
    @ashkee05 have you talked with the Makena company ? I've spoken with them and they told me not to worry about cost. They will work with me to insure I get the shots. My OB said the company is amazing and she's had patients get them free before. They really do care about keeping baby in as long as possible! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wed 5/2
    12w 2d
    What is being addressed?
    First Tri Scan
    Just frustrated that I have to drive so far for this appointment, basically taking up my whole day just with driving (i'll be driving longer one way than the whole appointment time).  But i am excited to see the baby and possibly find out gender--do that do that this early? still trying to remember.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @erinmarie86 while it’s possible for an experienced tech to make a slightly more accurate guess based on “the angle of the dangle” this early, i think most will not because of liability or policy or whatnot. 14+ weeks and a super friendly tech, maybe. 
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy I reached out to them and am waiting to hear back. I just hope it’s not based off income. I am glad to read that though because that gives me more hope that it’ll be possible 
    nws
  • Options
    When is your appointment? it was supposed to be May 10 but my doctor wants to see me this week due to my fainting on Sunday, so I go Friday 

12+5

What is being addressed? 
    they’re gonna go over blood work results, and I’ll probably get to hear the heartbeat for the first time

just a little uneasy as this is the exact time I had my first miscarriage, at 12 weeks. So I’m a little on edge. My fainting episode on Sunday didn’t help. Hopefully this appointment will be full of positive things. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited May 2018
    @erinmarie86 we just had ours at 12+5 and my husband asked our tech. She said she has been doing it for 25 years and something about this early just showing a huge glare. She says she has guessed on her own and written it down to see if she was right and she’s about 60/40 on her guesses. She tried to look for us but our vampire kept its legs crossed lol 
    nws
  • Options
    @ashkee05 Another suggestion (apologies if you've already tried this or it's been mentioned and I missed it) is contacting the manufacturer of the medication itself.  They will sometimes offer a discount program/coupon/offer.  MH was on a name brand medication for a little while that was well over $1k/mo and they offered a "trial" discount program to get it for like $25 for the first two months.  Granted it doesn't help much in the long term, but if you only need it for a few more weeks it might be an option.  *hugs* How stressful though I'm sorry you have to worry about this on top of everything else going on.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @middleschoolmommy that's great information you shared with @ashkee05.  That's really awesome.  I hope everything works out!

Married My BFF 3/22/10
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    ClobertClobert member
    I just had an appointment which was more of a consult with a midwife practice.  I wasn’t really that prepared with interview questions. She didn’t pressure me at all but it almost made me feel like do they want me to come here.  They do homeborga or hospital and I want to do a hospital again, so maybe that’s why.  She didn’t find the heartbeat on Doppler.  I’m 10 weeks but had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and they saw the heartbeat.  I’m not too concerned but I was hoping for some reassurance and maybe starting to tell family after this appointment.  Now I need to decide if I want to stay with my old midwives or switch.  And if I fee confident enough to start telling my parents and dd.
  • Options
    @highsteaks --thanks, that's what i thought, but then with everyone posting (on the "it's a boy/girl" thread) made me second guess when we found out...i thought it was at the 20 week anatomy scan, but maybe there was a guess earlier on.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @erinmarie86 last pregnancy, i paid for an elective ultrasound at 18 weeks while dh and i were visiting some family for thanksgiving to find out my dd’s sex and it was such a nice experience; i loved it. i had a medically necessary ultrasound at 16 weeks beforehand, and the tech was all business, didn’t even want to try to determine the sex yet. that was a bummer.
  • Options
    Today, 5/2
    11 weeks, 1 day
    What is being addressed?
    Check-up and I think first trimester screen.. I'm not completely sure  :# 
    Curious about whether or not the screen will happen and if that means another ultrasound even though one wasn't explicitly scheduled like it was at the last appt. OB says she does it between 11 and 13 weeks, and I'm 11..
    Also want to get the all-clear to travel in mid/late June (getting the chance to visit home and go with family for my nephew's first Disney trip!) I don't think it will be a problem, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    5/14 & 5/15

12 weeks, 3/4 days

What is being addressed?
    Hopefully we will hear the heartbeat. We saw it at my last appt 8 weeks, 3 days. I desperately want to hear it!! Also, glucose test and first trimester screenings.

I’m kind of nervous about my glucose test. I have gained a lot of weight in the last couple of years & diabetes runs in my family. I’m really trying to stay healthy and active. 
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Having my NT scan today at 3. Excited to see my little girl and starting to get a little anxious. FX for good results.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thinking of you and hoping your appointment goes well! Keep us posted!
  • Options
    Tuesday, May 1st

10w 1 day

What is being addressed?
    First trimester screenings, NIPT, etc.

Previously my practice didn't have a midwife but they have one now. I got to meet her and she was great about discussing the pregnancy and the birth options. She had information that I think will only help me later on which is great and I get to see her again in 4 weeks. Unfortunately with the history of diabetes in my family, I have to do the glucola next time. We didn't get the heartbeat on the doppler, she had a hard time using the scan machine so we saw the four chambers moving around, but she wasn't sure how to get the audio or measurement on the heart rate. I am looking forward to the NIPT results!!!