October 2018 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change 4/29

Questions stolen from Monday.  

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: What's your favorite summer or warm weather activity?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Sunday Ticker Change 4/29

• laurasaurusslaurasauruss member
    edited April 2018

1. 15 weeks 4 days- navel orange 

2. Feeling good! This is the first week that I feel fine all day, and can stay up past 8pm

5. I'm a teacher, so my favorite summer activity is not having other peoples' teenagers stress me out all day  :#

Other than that, picnics/bbqs with friends! I also really enjoy swimming in the ocean, but hate the sandiness of the beach haha

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

16, size of an avocado

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good. Still dealing with food aversions, nothing sounds appealing, so eating is a chore.

Nope!

Why can’t my kids stop putting things in their mouths?! Lego, stuffed animals, their fingers, their clothes... and they aren’t toddlers, they’re 7 and 4. 

I like rollerblading, and outdoor pools. Plus we have a swing on our front porch, so hanging out there with DH in the evenings. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @laurasauruss The OP didn't clarify what ticker change means, but it is when you hit exactly 12 week, 14 weeks, 15 weeks etc. What day of the week do you hit x weeks and 0 days? I don't trust my brain for math but based on what you posted I would think you would have a Wednesday ticker change! :) We are happy to have you here but just wanted you to understand the ticker change posts! 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 17 weeks! ok time is going to fast! What size is baby? pomegranate or onion

2. How are you feeling? good! looking forward to feeling movement! 

3. Any appointments this week? Not until late May

4. Rants/raves/questions? best sunblock for pregnancy? Safest yet works! I don't want the pregnancy mask. 

5. GTKY: What's your favorite summer or warm weather activity? I love being in the water and we have a pool so looking forward to floating. I also love sitting outside and listening to/watching thunderstorms.

• @laurasauruss & @SweetSweetTooth

I’m actually 17w3d today, with a Wednesday ticker change.  So if Laurasauruss is 15w4d, I think her ticker change is Tuesday. 

Great name by the way.  We now have two dinosaurs on the board again, and I’m hoping baby is one too!
  • @knottieamusements thanks! Not thinking straight today... Or honestly.  ever. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 16 weeks! Finally starting to show

17 weeks, baby is a pomegranate 

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good! Heartburn and RLP are really my only complaints lately. I have enough energy to work out again finally so feeling really happy about that. Also, mostly sleeping through the night and getting up to pee maybe once or twice is nice.

Nope

So happy to be hungry again and have the energy to cook healthy-ish meals!

I love tanning on the beach and reading a good book. Also, sipping margs with friends at the tiki bar at the end of our local pier :)

15 weeks and avocado.. I don't know about anyone else, but this is flying by.  It seems like just last week /everyone was intro'ing and now all of a sudden people are already 17/18 weeks! 

2. How are you feeling?

Feeling pretty good, definitely have more energy than 1st tri, but only in bursts.  I've also been insatiably hungry the past few days. 

Yes, standard appointment on Wednesday and I can't wait to hear the heartbeat again 

Oh geez... Camping, camp fires, BBQ's... 

BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 

14 weeks- a peach!

2. How are you feeling?

Kinda nauseous still, but it's def not as bad as the whole 1st tri.

Have one on Tues!

I feel as though my husband doesn't wanna spend time with me and is avoiding me. I'm just wanting as much time with him as possible before the baby is born cause we'll never have that again. Not sure if this is an emotional pregnant thing or for real but it's really irritating me. I sometimes feel like he's sick of me talking about the baby, but our lives are changing forever here. I feel like that's a big deal! 

I love going out on the lake, bonfires, and making S'mores. 

• I'm a day late!

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 17- Baby is as big as a pomegranate!  5in, 5.2 oz

2. How are you feeling? Feeling good.  Tired with some back aches, but the nausea is mostly gone.

3. Any appointments this week? No

4. Rants/raves/questions? I have had an aversion to Mexican food for weeks.  When DH offered to make dinner I was all too happy to relax and let him....why did he make taco bowls?  He knows better.

5. GTKY: What's your favorite summer or warm weather activity?  I love laying by the pool or on the beach.  Hoping for one weekend this summer away just me and DH kid-free!

Pregnancy Ticker

14 weeks. Size of a peach. Unlike what a few other people have said I feel like the weeks are going by so slow.

2. How are you feeling?

Feeling good, besides the odd headache. Doesn’t feel like im even pregnant, besides my clothes not fitting as good 

Not until the end of May now.

I hate that my husband keeps comparing me to the girl (pregnant with twins) that he sees on tv who is still mining and working like crazy. 

We spend a lot of time on the lake fishing. I can’t wait for the ice to leave so that we can get out there again. 

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 15+1 - size of an eclair.

2. How are you feeling?
    Like crap. Nausea has come back a bit but worse than that is I have a sinus infection and sore throat and I just want to take ALL THE DRUGS but I can’t and that makes me sad. I’ve just been sleeping nonstop for 4 days. 

Thursday I have a US to check cervical length. 

So many things, but I’ll just wait until next week when I hopefully have more energy to post. 

We have a pool in the backyard so we are in that a ton! When we move back to CA we’ll probably be camping a lot. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

14 weeks- a peach!

2. How are you feeling?

Kinda nauseous still, but it's def not as bad as the whole 1st tri.

Have one on Tues!

I feel as though my husband doesn't wanna spend time with me and is avoiding me. I'm just wanting as much time with him as possible before the baby is born cause we'll never have that again. Not sure if this is an emotional pregnant thing or for real but it's really irritating me. I sometimes feel like he's sick of me talking about the baby, but our lives are changing forever here. I feel like that's a big deal! 

I love going out on the lake, bonfires, and making S'mores. 

My DH did the same thing when I was pregnant with DS. He later told me he was freaking out the whole time and worried that it was going to ruin our marriage having kids. Which in turn caused our marriage to suffer. Maybe ask him what’s going on? 

Also, you’ll have alone time again. It will be different and less often, but you’ll have alone time. You need to make time for each other after that kiddo gets here. 
  • 4. Rants/raves/questions? best sunblock for pregnancy?
    I used Honest Co sunscreen last go around and never got the mask. This time? I think I just have Banana Boat stuff that seems to work well. I honestly don’t know if it’s “safe” though. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?  I'm 16.5 weeks today, baby is the size of an avocado :)

2. How are you feeling?  Pretty good, feels like I have a lot of water weight around my belly this week so it's been slower to get up, started wearing maternity clothes since my the bump is more obvious now.

3. Any appointments this week? Not baby related, dentist for a cleaning (boo).  Dentist did tell me i have swelling in my gums leading to them bleeding easily when i'm flossing, common in pregnancy. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? So i don't know if it's me going crazy but i think i feel the baby moving.  It's my first pregnancy and i've read that you don't really feel anything till later on but i'm feeling movement below the belly button, it's a strange feeling like it's movement of an organ turning or something.  Anyone else feel something similar? 

5. GTKY: What's your favorite summer or warm weather activity?  Just being outdoors!  hopefully warm weather is here for good :)

• chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited May 2018
    Lurking

@SweetSweetTooth I did a TON of sunscreen research before my last trip and ended up with baby sunscreen. It worked really, really well, though it's hard to blend. Not a scientist, but this is what I learned through my readings:
    Sunscreens are based on one of three key ingredients that all work with the body differently. Two of these, titanium dioxide and zinc oxide sit on top of the skin. Oxybenzone is absorbed by the skin. There's no hard science saying oxybenzone is bad, but hypotheses out there about linkage to low birth weight.
    My personal takeaway was to avoid any unnecessary gamble and go with zinc oxide based sunscreens. Found out in searching a few shelves that this is basically all baby sunscreens.

Oxybenzone can also be found in lots of products, like makeup and lip glosses, that contain SPF.

• @chopchop25 thanks  I had started researching as well and should have shared the findings with all you fine ladies :) I forgot to add it to this week grocery list so I need to pick some up next week. Unless Amazon is cheaper as we still have our one month free trial  Oh crap. I need to see when I need to cancel that by so we don't get charged ! 
  • @SweetSweetTooth totally a personal opinion, but I wouldn't order something like that off of Amazon. That, makeup, essentially anything that goes on my body and has chemicals. They've just had too many issues with counterfeits lately - could basically be plain lotion and you wouldn't know, or contain even worse filler toxins. Great that they're aware of it as an overall issue, but no way they can catch it all, especially in a timely manner.
  • +1 for not ordering stuff like that off Amazon.  A lot of it also has a shelf life, and Amazon isn’t particularly good at screening for that.  
  • @sparklingwhit I talked with him and he says he's just stressed out about not having enough time. He wants the house to be ready and the cars to be safe, but he's the type of person that has to do everything himself and never asks for help (and doesn't want my help, I've already tried.) So he's doing all of these projects on his own and becoming so overwhelmed, he doesn't realize it's taking time away from us and making him less than nice to be around. Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful he cares like he does, but it's becoming a little overboard and I'm not really sure how to handle it.   
  • @mrsgriseta - Can you maybe help him prioritize what needs to be done now, vs what can wait?  Or maybe schedule regular date time, or just tell him dinner is at 6, bedtime is at 9, and that you would appreciate him being present with you at those times?
  • @yankeefan16 I started feeling the baby move during week 16 and feel it all the time now. The movements aren’t always discernible from the outside of my stomach and mostly feel how you described- like my uterus is being pushed around.