December 2018 Moms
Options

Thursday Venting 4.26

I dont know the proper protocol for posting these kinds of things but I really need to vent or Im gonna lose my mind!
 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Thursday Venting 4.26

• Options
    3 kids down with a stomach bug and I can’t tell if I have morning sickness or am down too. :sob:: make it stop.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kuailanikaleokuailanikaleo member
    edited April 2018

Son was sick this week, took him to the doctor and got him just ibuprofen because they didn’t see any kind of infection or need to prescribe antibiotics. I was happy with that and the next day his fever was gone, he was eating more and sleeping better. When hes with me he plays and acts like he normally does. But the babysitter was really upset that I wasn’t more concerned and sent me a long text telling me I was dead wrong about him seeming better and that his body is too weak to fight this cold and that she doesn’t want him getting her other kids sick.

We always get along but I was ticked OFF when I saw her text. Talk about overstepping boundaries a bit! I don’t ever criticize how others parent just because their style is different than my own! If I don’t feel the need to take my son to the doctor for every runny nose then that’s my choice.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So my son had a fever beginning Monday morning, his babysitter, who is a distant friend of mine asked me to come get him, so I did, left work and took him to the doctor. It wasnt any kind of infection, just bad congestion so he just got ibuprofen to help and was told it would take a while to go away but to monitor if his fever came back. It never did and hes been seeming fine when I pick him up after work. His baby sitter just texted me today going off about how I should be more concerned and take him to the doctor again because in her opinion hes getting worse and she just came off as really demanding and said she didnt want him getting her other kids sick (even though he caught their cold in the first place) I just felt kind of offended...which is something because a lot of people say im super mellow and easy going. I felt like she kind of over stepped her boundaries a bit and I just needed to vent it out!

edited to add: I've never had any issues with her behaving like this before! Ive always bragged about how awesome she is with my son and great with managing lots of kids at once, so this reaction came out of nowhere. I also tried explaining to her that when hes home with me, hes normal, still has a stuffy nose but other than that hes great. this is doing nothing for my raging hormones right now! lol
    How annoying. Fevers are normal and actually good. We need to let our bodies fight fevers. You are the momma and YOU know best.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Gwyneddlesliegrace Oh no thats my biggest fear! All the kids sick at once PLUS morning sickness.

• Options
    @Gwyneddlesliegrace Thank u....I know I just have to trust myself and do what I think is right...but so hard when people are in your face and youre already full of emotion and hormones!

• Options
    Woe is me, tiny violin vent post... I’m in a really rough place. I feel like im dying a slow painful death at my job, and I hate my coworker. I feel like I’m failing at pretty much every other aspect of my life... momming, being a wife, being a friend, being a useful human. This first trimester is really taking it out of me, physically and emotionally. Hopefully things start looking up towards the second tri. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    @westcoastfoodie I'm so sorry, that sounds miserable  :( 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @westcoastfoodie It will end soon! I havent cooked a proper meal, cleaned our room or did anything productive with my free time since week 6 of this pregnancy. Im counting down the days till we all start feeling better!! 

• Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited April 2018
    @westcoastfoodie I'm so sorry you're feeling this way - I am feeling very similarly and it SUCKS. I just keep reminding myself that it's very tough to be amazing at everything when you feel like garbage and your hormones are all in flux. Just trying to remind myself that the first trimester *will* pass, and that every day brings us one day closer to that happening. Hugs!

As for me, work has become completely insane and it's only going to get worse over the next 2 months. Today was yet another 11 hour day full of stress and angry conference calls and a meeting that STARTED at 8pm. I was so nauseous and tired on my way home I had to stop at Taco Bell to eat *something* before puking and the dude in front of me took SEVEN minutes to order because he kept asking questions. It took all of my discipline not to scream out the window- "It's TACO BELL. Make a f*cking decision!"

Also, I miss wine.
  • Options
    @kuailanikaleo I would be furious! You are following the doctor’s orders. You can’t stop the world every time your child has a cold. Is he getting special treatment at her house since he is sick that would cause him to act sicker?
  • Options
    @westcoastfoodie I'm sorry you feel this way. I think a lot of us are going through the same thing so please know that you're not alone! Pregnancy is hard, being a full time mom, wife, employee, etc. is hard too, and when you put them together it can feel impossible. My advice is to cut yourself some slack, in another month or too you'll start to feel better and can resume life as you know it. For now, take it easy and be kind to yourself. We're all rooting for you!  
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all for the kind words! I don't remember feeling nearly this down with my previous pregnancies, but this is rough! @AGK2015 I'll definitely mention it to my OB. Thank you <3
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18