Infertility
Options

Is it ok to get excited yet?

Hi Everyone,

Last month I had a chem pregnancy.

This month, got a BFP last Wednesday.

Got my beta HCG tested Thursday, Saturday and today. Went from 200 to 590 to 3000. So everything is progressing as should be.

They told me I don't have to come back until May 7. While two weeks without an appointment sounds great, I liked getting that reassurance. But am guessing they don't feel there is anything to check on between now and then.

Just wondering if it's ok to get excited yet - ha - i know we have a long way to go, but i've never made it this far.

Re: Is it ok to get excited yet?

• Options
    Hi @marychicago_44, I am sorry for your loss last month..but huge congrats on your BFP this month!!! Your numbers sound great to me and FX for a healthy and speedy 2 weeks until your next appointment...I'm guessing that one is your u/s? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations! Those are great beta numbers :) I hope those two weeks go by quickly for you.

I had a loss after my first transfer and I was very stressed about the second transfer after my BFP, I remember also having a little over two weeks in between the beta and the u/s, it feels like forever I know!!! It will pass and hopefully everything goes well for you.
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Options
    I completely know what you are going through! I also got a positive today, HCG was 194. This past weekend I took 2 home pregnancy tests and they were both positive! I also haven't made it this far. My husband and I celebrated all weekend! I am concerned about the possibility of miscarriage, but want to maintain a positive attitude, as if everything will be alright. I do feel something in my lower belly, like a tightness or pressure- I assume that is the embryo growing. I go back in for another HCG blood test on Wednesday, and if that has shown a doubling of the numbers, I won't go back in until my 7 week ultrasound! Talk about a long break between visits! I don't know what I'll do with myself! 
      For me, I'm allowing myself little celebrations as we hit new milestones. I didn't even know I was capable of getting pregnant until today! It gives me hope that no matter what happens, it's still a possibility that I could have a baby on my own! So I guess I am choosing to use gratitude as a way to help get me through this period no matter the outcome. I've struggled a lot with negative self-talk and anxiety throughout my IVF journey, but the anxiety has not served me, it has only stressed me out. Try to focus on the positives if you can. 
      I met a group of 5 women who had recent successes with getting pregnant through IVF, and they all agreed they are terrified they'll lose the baby, so it's quite normal how you are feeling. Hope that helps!