July 2018 Moms
Options

TW Tuesday 4/24

Re: TW Tuesday 4/24

• Options
    As I mentioned, dental work is the TW, and also DH a little. He racked up $5000 in dental work in less than 2 months, thankfully only part of it is on us. $3000 of that is for his braces. Someone needs more planning skills...

Also the IRS is my constant TW. we were supposed to get a refund for state taxes. Now we get a notice that says it is 1/2 of what it was supposed to be. Tax guy says it's because of the interest fee that DH had to pay last year since he had to file for an extension. Which is ridiculous because he already paid it. He even got a second notice about it, went into the system, and the system said he didn't owe anything. Gah!
  • Options
    @kissableviv after years of telling DH to see a podiatrist he finally admits its time and he wants to do it before baby arrives. Here we go with that unplanned expense! Oh and also he wants to buy a new smoker and we need a portable AC. I swear this guy has no limits or planning skills sometimes! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think DS is the twatwaffle today. And then maybe me. I feel like I'm at the mercy of a small sociopath who literally holds me hostage sometimes. Like, he acts like a complete asshole and there is only so much I can do. Then I yelled at DH because I ddint agree with "punishment " for " playing with his food" and really I was just frustrated that mealtimes are such a hot mess somwtimes because he doesn't chew or he purposely does the opposite of what I ask and I JUST WANT TO EAT MY OWN FOOD WITHOUT HAVING TO WATCH HIM CONSTANTLY TO MAKE SURE HE'S NOT CHOKING so sometimes I let little things go and DH does not. Ok, rough night. Day was good though, I should focus on that.
  • Options
    @SmashJam i feel you! i haven’t had a warm uninterrupted meal to myself in a long time. Wish DH would jump in more often.

TW the Tdap shot starting to make my arm feel sore. One more thing to keep me up at night.
  • Options
    I'm kind of the TW.

I've had a really tough time not losing my shit this week over the mess at home and our HVAC project that is taking waaaaay longer than we were told it would and the mess it's creating in our house. I've been going between being raging pissed and on the verge of tears about it since Monday.

I didn't realize how much that was adding to DH's stress. He's got so much going on at work and he's an amazing dad and hubby when he comes home. I guess my attitude about everything this week has stressed him out and made him feel kinda helpless.

I'm feeling guilty and ungrateful. I know it's not worth flipping out about I just cannot stomach the construction filth in my home *deep breaths*
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @wildtot same!! I got it yesterday and already it’s killing me. My son got his yesterday too as part of his 18 mo check up and I hope his isn’t sore like mine. 

Ugh the tw is definitely insomnia. I woke up at 4 and have been wide awake ever since. I think having a lot on my mind about what I’m going to do in terms of switching providers/hospitals or staying where I am now woke me up, and I just can’t get back to sleep. 30 mins until the alarm goes off. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 it’s 330 here. Been pretty restless since 1130 ugh. I have this annoying song stuck in my head from one of DSs favorite cartoons lol Darn you Puppy Pal Dogs!!! 
  • Options
    @wildtot PUP PUP PUP PUPPY DOG PAAAAAALS! That show is adorable but holy moly does that song stick. 
    And I think I might be the one who has to step in more often...DH is always throwing down the pushing back from the table and removing the food because he's playing, and I need to watch that a little better and help him out...I just always pray he stops so we don't have to have a meal of him crying because he won't listen.

I hope you and @zande2016 catch up on your sleep tonight and drink all the coffee today! Insomnia is catching me every now and then too, but mostly when I'm not active and my hips act up and I have to toss and turn. If I can sleep til 4:30 without waking up I count myself lucky, because I have a much harder time when I wake up multiple times a night.

@runsomewhere I hope your construction is done soon so you can be at peace. It's so hard when the home is a mess and you didn't contribute/can't do anything about it. One more thing to think about. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam dinner is a struggle in this house too.  She eats great at daycare but doesn't want to eat for us and I don't want to be the mom that makes 4 meals to cater to the kids.  With the kitchen project taking over the dining room too we've been bad about eating in front of the TV with her... but we've started kind of using it as a reward for eating... She doesn't eat her dinner we shut it off.  No idea why she won't eat my cooking though.  Come downstairs with a little bowl of mac and cheese from scratch (i picked around the broccoli and sausage for her) and she gets all excited and yells "NOM NOM!" so I gave her her bowl, she looks in it and then just says "no" and hands it back...says the kid that eats half a box of Kraft every visit with mimi...after 3 crying noodle incidents, i ended up reheating leftover ravioli and she demolished 3 of them...

I think DH is the TW... His snoring is getting really bad... His dad has sleep apnea and is on a cpap so I'm concerned it's more than just the annoyance... though he kept me up for an HOUR this morning from 2-3...the snoring was so bad it took over my dream and then woke me up and the usual light pushing to get him to roll over didn't work so i kind of hit him and he woke up pissed. I'm hoping he listens to me and says something at his physical next month...we see the same PCP and I was so tempted to say something at my physical last month...  Also i'm worried the dog got kennel cough or something at the vet being boarded this weekend...he keeps making horrible sneeze/cough/choke noises...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man I hope your dog didn't get kennel cough! And solidarity @gingerbride26 on the snoring. DH is legit sick right now and the snoring is horrible, worse than usual. Telling him to roll over isn't working right now either.
  • Options
    @SmashJam I asked him if he remembered yelling in the middle of the night and he said no and laughed at the whole ordeal.  He said he felt like he'd been snoring all night - so maybe he'll bring it up!  DH thinks dog just has allergies, he seems to remember Riley getting sneezy like this every spring, poor bugger though :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    On the topic of toddlers eating, i kinda gave up on the battle for now. He’s usually pretty good eating at home but not his lunch with the sitter sometimes. I’ll reheat it but he won’t eat it I’ll just bring out the nuggets. I sneak in the veggies through applesauce, fruit strips, veggies straws, or finely chopped in his food. I got him to eat carrots but has to be with PB. I noticed that he will generally eat better if he’s next to me watching me cook it or participating. Condiments are usually a must too (ketchup, sour cream, etc). 
  • Options
    @wildtot I still get monthly boxes of the veggie/fruit pouches so I can sneak in the veggies.  She won't touch nuggets any more.  Loves to dip but uses the original food as a utensil to lick condiments off of >_< If it weren't for french fries and chicken pretending to be fries my kid would starve...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 ahaha so funny you say that! DS also licks the condiments off first too! I have to tell him to bite it and imitate it. If i let him drink ketchup he would.
  • Options
    Two nights ago my 2 yo ate ketchup for dinner :p
  • Options
    My toddler will only eat pouches some days. It's seriously concerning but I'm like at least he's eating something? He'll even shake his head no at chicken nuggets, french fries, mac n cheese...then other times he is a monster and devours everything in sight, including avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, etc. He might just be trying to assert his independence. Whatever, he had his 18 mo checkup yesterday and his growth curve has always been perfect so I'm just trying not to stress over it. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 yeah as long as he’s growing as he should try not to stress. We have his 2yr check up tomorrow and I’m hoping he’s on the right track since we switched to 2%milk another 1.5 months ago. The doctor had previously told me the whole milk is good so they can get their full source of fats since kids this age become more picky towards food. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 +1 for the 18 month checkup the pediatrician said the hunger strikes are completely normal and don't be worried if she goes a couple days without real food; she'll eat when she's hungry.  There are def days all she'll have is a few sippy cups of whole milk and maybe a pouch or two.  @wildtot Our 2 year isn't for another month but I figured I'd ask again how long to expect the Hunger Games to continue...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @zande2016 that sounds perfectly normal to me and nothing to stress about. My daughter just turned 2.5 but definitely has similar eating patterns and always has. Some days she'll just eat a couple pouches, some berries and  a banana, then the next day it's scrambled eggs, a full lunch and an adult serving of salmon. 

I think that as kids grow and develop their nutritional needs can vary from day to day. I actually think it's great for children to recognize that some days they are less hungry and some days they are more hungry and require more fuel. I don't believe in food pushing on a child that isn't hungry and is growing well. Letting a child, even a young toddler respond to how much food their body needs is a very healthy habit. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I agree, and also, I think pushing food and making meal time super stressful for both the parent and toddler/kid is going to make the situation worse and make the child less willing to eat. I do not want to create a situation where he views mealtime as a stressful time. My brother in law is a serious food pusher on my niece and I've witnessed some mealtimes with them where I feel so bad for her. He means well but it is pretty obvious that he's made eating into a chore for her. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 and @runsomewhere +1 for no food pushing, we do try to make her TRY it before she completely rejects it (especially when we KNOW she's hungry but just being picky).  The only rule we try to enforce is not being held/out of highchair until we're done eating.  She does great at restaurants but we're still working on it at home...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @zande2016 that sounds stressful and turns meal time in to a power battle, yikes! 

@gingerbride26 I also encourage DD to at least try everything. Good for you for keeping DD in her high chair during meal time. That's something I failed at a long time ago lol. DD is straight up offended if I try to stick her in a high chair or even booster. She does great at restaurants but she must sit on the regular seat, even though she's too small and would be more comfortable in a booster, whatever.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere DS hates boosters at restaurants so he will sit or kneel since he’s small but hey at least he’s eating. Now if only i can get him to use his inside voice lol 
  • Options
    DS hates boosters too, I find he’s more of a picker and eats better when he’s moving. Most meals start off at the table where he’ll sit and eat maybe half, then he’ll pick at the rest until snack (which makes me happy because I hate wasting food).
    Dinner is and I’m sure always will be the biggest struggle. If he eats a snack remotely close to dinner time he’ll boycot all food, but if he doesn’t have a snack after lunch he’ll be too hangry to sit for dinner and won’t try anything. He won’t even eat veggie pouches anymore, except for apple sauce. But he’ll eat broccoli, green peppers, and baby carrots all day long so I pick my battles. 
  • Options
    TW for yesterday ended up being my step dad. He decided to have a conversation with the ground, with his arms, face, and head. He fell, somehow, through the rose bushes and onto the cement ground. We think he may have hit the rain gutter. Long story short, he ended up taking a ride in the back of an ambulance and is in the hospital for observation (he was complaining of blurred vision). I called my mom to see if I could bring her and my step dad something lastnight. She lets me know to bring some magazines. Well, Albertsons by the hospital was on lock down for shoplifting, so I went home and grabbed magazines. My sister and I also put a bag together of clean clothes for my stepdad. I get to the hospital and hand him the magazines, this man...he goes, "I've already read these. You can just throw them away". WHAT THE HELL, MAN!?!?! Then he complains about not having his reading glasses. Then he complains about being in the hospital when he is fine. No guy, you are not fine. You fell, have a black eye, a nice size egg and cut on your balding head, and both of your arms are cut up. You already have dementia and they want to make sure you don't have a concussion. So, you are staying put. 
    Apparently, he tried to talk his way into being released lastnight, until my mom ratted him out to his nurse. LOL!!!
    I feel bad that he fell and is in the hospital, however, he was my twat after his comment for the magazines. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    We don’t push food either. I make her dinner separately because we eat later. She rotates chicken strips. Fish sticks. Mac and cheese. 

She does like apples and blueberries. 
  • Options
    I try not to be a food pusher, but if he asks for more of one thing, I'll say, "Eat 2 carrots first" or something, then he can have more of the other. If he says he's done or refuses then in my mind he didn't really NEED the other thing, just wanted it. We don't make a habit of cooking things we know he hates, so usually he's just being stubborn.

My SIL told me she was at Easter with her brother and he was forcing food in his kids mouth and covering it to make him swallow until he finished his plate. I try not to judge people but...that kid might have some food issues later in life. I don't think I could have sat at the table while that was going on.
  • Options
    @SmashJam sounds like a choking hazzard too! 
  • Options
    My cousins use to throw up from being pushed food. I always felt bad for them. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam yea....my husband is from a "FINISH YOUR PLATE...here's some more" house... he has no clue on proper portion sizes, was obese as a child, has eaten until physically sick as an adult, has had high cholesterol, has been on lipitor since 12, and has this inability to let food go to waste.  As in at restaurants he has us pass our plates if there's not enough to take home because he can't stand seeing food left...  I'm from a "eat what you got or go hungry" house, while I wouldn't say my relationship with food is 100% "healthy" either, I plan to follow that model instead...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 the portion sizes KILL me with DH. We made soup last night, cooked Ramen (just the noodles, no packets) to go with it. DH insisted on 6 packets; I was going to make 4 and thought that was too much. Anyway, all 6 packets were gone by the end of dinner. And I would say at least 4 of those were DH. Probably a little more. Usually he doesn't eat breakfast or lunch, so eating that much at dinner, even if it is 1600 calories, is still not a lot for the whole day. But its probably not good for you to eat your entire days intake of calories at 6pm.
  • Options
    @SmashJam apparently the whole fasting thing is "in" now but I agree it doesn't sound healthy...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited April 2018
    @SmashJam my dh doesn’t usually eat breakfast or lunch either. He lost a lot of weight last year because he was essentially starving himself during the day not eating until 9 or 10 at night. Then he’d be SOO hungry that eating would make his stomach upset and he’d have the runs. He freaks me out. Sooo not healthy .

ETA he doesn’t do it on purpose though, per se, he works alone so he is really busy all the time and doesn’t think he can make time to eat (he totally could if it was a priority). 
  • Options
    Ah totally forgot to ask for my breast pump prescription this past Monday. At least my next appointment is in less than 2 wks.
  • Options
    @wildtot thanks for the reminder....should probably get that FMLA paperwork signed as well...
    Pregnancy Ticker