December 2018 Moms

Empty gestational sac?

Hi ladies, got my bfp on 04/04.. Had my 1st prenatal appointment

Re: Empty gestational sac?

• You might want to re-phase your post. Is there a question you'd like to ask us all?
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • For some reason it posted before I was finished ugh... sorry! Had my 1st appointment yesterday... was gauged at 7 weeks 1 day, she did an ultrasound and found nothing! She thinks she saw a gestational sac, but nothing in it :(... she only did an abdominal u/s and I'm going in for a tvus tomorrow to get a better look... she called this morning and also expressed concern for it being a possible ectopic because I had a tender spot in my belly... I don't know why she wouldn't have checked that spot while performing the ultrasound... anyways I'm crazy stressed! Anybody have something like this happen with a happy ending??? I'm freaking out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for some reason it posted before I was finished and wouldn't let me edit...
  • Sorry for some reason it posted before I was finished and wouldn't let me edit...
  • Honestly I wouldn't worry at all until you get a trans-vaginal ultrasound. A lot of times you cant even see a baby at 7 weeks on a belly ultrasound especially if its an older machine.
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sending good vibes your way and I really feel like you'll come back tomorrow with a picture of your little baby via trans-vaginal ultrasound.
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @winterplumeria How soon are you going back to see your doctor again? If she suspects ectopic, hopefully relatively soon! Also, did she think your dates could have been off or you could have ovulated late? Definitely get back in touch with your doctor and get clear on what she thinks the next steps should be. And if you start experiencing intense pain, you can go to the ER so they can rule out an ectopic. (It's important to get care immediately if ectopic is suspected.) Good luck!

(Also, your posts may be cutting off if you use emojis that the bump doesn't recognize, so skip emojis maybe and see if that helps?)
  • @maureenmce
    She gets a transvaginal ultrasound with her doctor tomorrow.
    And I do agree, if any pain starts happening, go to ER.
    But tomorrows ultrasound will tell you a lot more.
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • hkomhkom member
    I know it's absolutely ridiculous to tell a pregnant woman not to worry, but getting freaked out won't change the outcome.  I learned that yesterday when I almost had a meltdown because I was bleeding a little bit and had lost some symptoms.  I had my appointment today and everything was perfectly fine.  You will find out more tomorrow.  In the meantime, try to get some rest.

And like others have said, if you do start experiencing significant pain, go to the ER and they should be able to figure out what's going on.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Yeah I plan on being seen asap if I get any pain happening... I get weird tearing sensations sometimes but they are short lived.. midwife I saw yesterday believes that's from adhesions from a previous c section. So we will see.. fingers crossed! Been ttc baby #2 For 2 years with PCOS so really praying this has a good outcome!
  • Pretty positive on the date as well as I was tracking cp and cm.. also I tested early when i got my BFP, when I consulted with my general practitioner we went through my calender and she agreed with my date of ovulation as well. 
  • @winterplumeria When I was pregnant with my son, I went in at 5 weeks and they could not see anything but the sac, but I went in2 weeks later and everything was fine. I was told that transvaginal  ultrasounds are much more accurate during first tri.Good luck! Prayers for good news tomorrow!
  • Thank you ladies I will update you tomorrow afternoon! Praying to see a little bean where it's supposed to be, and a strong heartbeat!
  • Thanks @asun123 - I didn't see that it was only an abdominal! My OB won't even do abdominals in the first tri, so I have no experience there, but I bet the transvaginal one will be able to offer much more detail.

@winterplumeria Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted!
  • Hey @winterplumeria- just want to echo what some others have said. I went in at 6 weeks and had an abdominal that only showed a sac. The sonographer said that was pretty normal this early. I was nervous, of course, but then they did a transvaginal and baby showed right up there with a heartbeat. I think you definitely have reason to keep your spirits up! Good luck!