Appointments w/o 4/23

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Appointments w/o 4/23

• Options
    I have my 24 week OB appt on Friday.

It’s probably the least excited I’ve been... last pregnancy, I put on 15 lb between 20-24 weeks (gained 60 lb total and was overweight to start) and my OB went nuts- put me on a 10K step daily exercise plan, told me to cut out all sweets including fruit, etc.

I’m heavier this time (lost then regained half my pregnancy weight after nursing) and have been watching the scale climb again from 20-24 weeks. I’ve been eating MUCH healthier this time, but I’m up 10 lb with four days to go- my body is just holding on to everything I eat and drink. I’m just not up for a lecture/freak out when this is just clearly what my body does at this point of pregnancy.
  • Options
    I also have my 24 week appointment this Thursday, and like @proudparent2b, I also am stressing over weight.  Despite running occasionally (haven't been hitting my 3x/week goal, but still trying at least), I have NOT been eating healthy at all and it definitely shows.  I'm literally dreading getting on the scale and the subsequent conversation.

Other than that though, I'm actually looking forward to going to the appointment and asking about my intense tailbone/low back/butt pain.  I'm not sure if it's related to me running or what, but there are days when I literally can't walk.  My husband was so concerned this weekend watching me hobble around the house, basically looking for any sort of crutch to hold on to while my body sorted itself out.  Usually once I get up and moving it gets better after 5-10 minutes, but it's really awful.  I do remember this happening with my first, but not so early and not so debilitating.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @juliebird6 Have you tried a prenatal chiropractor for your low back pain? If you find the right chiropractor, it can be life changing during pregnancy.

My issues were upper back related (ribs popping out) to the point that I’d practically cry when I saw my bed because my back hurt the worst in bed. I swear, it feels like we’re falling apart this second time, doesn’t it?
  • Options
    My appointment is tomorrow and you can add me to the list of people wondering if I've gained too much weight. I'm trying to only eat when I'm hungry and make healthier choices...sometimes. I'm just hungry a lot of the time! I haven't been weighing myself between appointments, so it's always somewhat of a surprise. They'll be scheduling my GTT this time, I assume. 

@juliebird6 definitely see a chiropractor! I'm trying to go biweekly, but unfortunately I'm having to wait longer because I have so many other appointments in the next few weeks with DS turning 2. I need to get him a dentist appointment, too. 
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have no appointments, but I'm concerned about the weight gain as well only because my weakling body is not having it. I don't exercise, because ugh. I know I need to walk, but just walking around the office all day hurts. I know I've got such a long way to go, and it'll only get worse. I keep waiting to get a lecture, but I haven't complained about the back pain yet because I'm not inviting that talk, so I'll keep my trap shut, lol. So can I just borrow a 25 year old back? Plskthx. Also it's upper and lower back pain now. Maybe because my boobs are bigger? That's funny because they're still small, but it makes me really feel for you big chested babes. 
  • Options
    I have my 24 week on Friday to check and see if my placenta has moved further away from my cervix. I suspect it has because I think baby also flipped, I am feeling strong kicks on the upper right now versus the lower left where I was feeling movement before when she was breech. So FX. I am a weirdo and am now losing/maintaining weight after gaining way too much early on, so hopefully my doc will be happy to see that and not concerned. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    @legallykate FX it's moved!!!!

No appts this week. My "24 week" appt is next week because the OB in the practice I want to see is off this week. 

I haven't gotten my weight since 4 weeks ago at my last appt. I've been on modified bed rest unable to exercise so hoping things haven't gotten out of control. 
  • Options
    I also have my 24 week appt this week and once again dreading the scale. I held steady for 2 weeks and then suddenly ballooned in the last week :/ I was looking forward to the no/little gain, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Last time my Dr was completely understanding bc of my HG and the need to eat all the time to keep the nausea at bay, but I'm seeing a different Dr in the practice this time to "meet her" (she delivered my second, so I don't feel this rotating is necessary). I'll also get the glucose drink for the following appt. I feel like the ball is suddenly rolling really fast and baby will be here sooner than I think! So much to do....
  • Options
    I had my 23 week ultrasound today. It was torture and I left feeling so sick. The pushing and prodding took a toll. By the time I got in the car I was so nauseous and could barely drive home. I made it home and got straight in the bed to take a nap. I was literally exhausted. I felt much better after my nap.

All is is well with the baby though. He is currently 1 pound 9 ounces. It was so sweet seeing his little face.  
  • Options
    Well, she didn’t exactly get on to me about my weight gain, but it was so high, she asked me if I thought that was really correct. :grimace: It was more than I expected, honestly. I’ll probably try a little harder to prioritize protein over carbs, not overdo it on the sweets, etc. But at the same time, even if I gain the same amount as I did in my first pregnancy I’ll still weigh less than I did then because I started out at a lower weight. I lost it before, I can lose it again. NBD.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @rachel1008 I don't want to discourage you from exercising and maybe it will help with your back but I exercise almost every day and still get back pain.  It starts at 2pm every day and lasts until I get home when I can stretch out. Don't be too hard on yourself.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    I don't have any appointments this week but add me to the list of those worried about weight gain.  I did great the first trimester. Overall 6 lbs at my last appointment.  But she wants only 10 for the whole pregnancy which isn't gonna happen at this point.  So I'm sure I will get  gentle nudge about it. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    @laurad75 Aww, thanks. I don't think I could get any more discouraged from exercising. I worked out twice a day sometimes... 9 years ago before this job ruined my life, lol. I. will. take. a. walk. today.  :D

@lalala2004 Woohoo! No lecture is a good lecture. 

@Stac928 I believe in you!!! 6 lbs is still great. Also, I'm a fan of rounding up 5 lbs on any weight goals. I'm going to have to round up 15-25 lbs on mine. I'm really not a good influence. Sorry! 
  • Options
    @Stac928 only 10 lbs the entire pregnancy?! How is that even possible? The baby/ water/ placenta weigh more than that
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Options
    @shru929 Depending on your starting BMI, there are different weight gain ranges that OBs expect. At a certain BMI, some OBs will even say 0 weight gain!

I think the idea is that your body is already holding on to enough energy/nutrients that you don’t need as much extra weight.  Not sure how possible it is to achieve though.
  • Options
    I don’t have an appointment for another 2 weeks but I just have to say that I’m so comforted reading that so many of you have gained more than expected recently! I was doing so good (I eat healthy and work out moderately a few times per week) but the past two weeks I’ve gained a lot. Slipped a little on exercise but nothing crazy and am getting back on track. It’s not so much the weight, but the feeling of getting bigger, and the worry that I’m going to be gigantic in a couple more weeks!

It does feel good to know that baby girl is growing though, so I’m trying to focus on that for now and patiently wait for the weather to get better. Pants are not my friend right now, I need sun dresses!
  • Options
    @shri929 because of my starting weight I would be perfectly healthy to walk out of the hospital (after baby, placenta, water, etc is gone) weighing less than pre-pregnany weight. At one point in this pregnant I lost 3 lbs between appointments, Doctor was fine with it. I have plenty to support the baby without gaining and be healthy. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019