July 2018 Moms
Options

Monday BF 4/23

Thought I'd get this up early because, Monday.

Bitch on, ladies.

Re: Monday BF 4/23

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ummmmm @hillbillywife that's hilarious!

@wildtot don't stress!

I'm annoyed that I have TWO doc appts this afternoon.  Ugh.  I just want to go outside and enjoy the sunshine!!  Now I'll be stuck driving all over the place right after work.  Small problem to have, but it's annoying.  And I have no clue when I'll eat dinner because as soon as I (finally) get home, I'll have to take DD to dance rehearsal.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @hillbillywife lol omg i needed something funny.

The sitter just texted saying she was getting in her car and suddenly threw up. So she caught the stomach flu and can’t cover for me while i go to the doc. Gotta drag him along... :s
  • Options
    @wildtot ugh! I’m sorry for you and your babysitter.  That sucks. Good luck at your appointment.

My 2 year old and I caught the flu or something, so we were up all night keeping each other company with our coughing and sniffling. I was supposed to go to lunch with some girlfriends today and finally had a chance to escape my house, but it looks like I’m staying inside with my pjs and cartoons for DD. 
  • Options
    OMG I can't with work today. One client emails me that she needs to speak to me today about a meeting she has tomorrow. She also sent me the notice of the meeting, which is dated for 2 weeks ago. So basically she waited until the day before the meeting  that she's known about for 2 weeks to email me asking me to drop everything and call her with no notice. Then I have another client who sent me something to review, and our office policy has always been to give us a week to review something like this, and she just sent it to me last Thursday. I have other clients and other deadlines, I have not reviewed it yet in the 2 business days I've had it, I told her at least 3 times that I have not had a chance to review it yet, but will let her know when I do. Her response is to email me asking me to call her with feedback on this document today. She also asked me for advice on what to do about a situation, I gave her very clear written instructions on exactly what she should do, and all she does is question me on my advice and ask me YET AGAIN for feedback on this document, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the situation. This woman dropped off the face of the planet after retaining my firm, would not respond to any of my phone calls or emails, then did something to completely screw up her case during  that time she did not respond to me, and now she is demanding that I review something in 2 days and ignoring my advice about the other situation. It's just really unbelievable. 
  • Options
    It's going to be a miracle if I don't completely lose my shit today. 

I am so stressed out I feel like I might blow any minute. Thing is that I know I have nothing that major to stress about I just can't calm down.

A lot of it has to do with the huge and pricy central ac/heating we are having put in. I HATE having workers in my home all day without me. They are doing a good and thorough job but the dust and crap from the work is driving me nuts. My garage is a home gym with a really nice treadmill. My treadmill is covered in drywall dust and crap and if it's at all damaged I will kill someone. Also they stained the carpet in our master. I don't know how much cleaning I should expect them to do and I don't want to be a difficult client since they are doing a good job otherwise but wtf the mess!!!

Then Saturday night, hubby and I came home from a great date night only to find a swarm of dead termites in the corner of our kitchen. I don't know if this is construction related or where the heck they came from but it's another expense and another thing we need to handle. 

And like on every single shitty Monday I'm running on less than 6 hours of sleep. 

And... the woman sitting next to me on the train this morning took up more than half  of my seat and I was so uncomfortable. I am driving in tomorrow, and probably the rest of the week. 

The fact that all this doesn't really matter in the long run and that my life is easy is not lost on me but I am so so so pissy this morning. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Had an exit interview scheduled with an employee for 8am this morning. She emails me at 5:51am that she's going to be in after 8. The subject line literally read "I'll be in after 8". I read it and she says, I'll be in around 10-11 to get my check and roundup her things...um, no that's not how this works. I scheduled the meeting on our calendars and believe it or not I have other things on my schedule today... I'm also so sick from allergies right now (trying to figure out it Claritin is going to work, Allegra is my normal go to, but it's not on my approved meds list) and the only reason I even came in the office today was for this exit interview because I'm going to go home and work from there, so here I am still waiting for her to get in the office when I thought I would already be home by now. 
  • Options
    Lol to weird dreams and sorry about bailing babysitters and idiot clients/co-workers. 

@runsomewhere that sounds like an acceptable situation to be stressed about. I always try to put things into perspective but it's ok to get annoyed at relatively minor things too sometimes, we are human!

No bitching for me yet but it's early, for now I'm annoyed at the fact that I can't GIF!
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I would totally lose it too! 

Well appointment wasn't too bad with the kiddo. He actually freaked a bit thinking it was for him haha, but with some food bribing we got through it. Yep he had his snack at 8am. Now hopefully I can get some work done and not have him yelling in the background during meetings.
  • Options
    @kissableviv I sort of blame the hormones. Typically I am the type to ask myself "is this really a big deal" and I'm good about keeping things in perspective but I can't deal today. 

@wildtot glad I'm not the only one lol  :)

Good luck getting work done today while having DS home! My daughter would be for sure singling or yelling or doing something crazy if I had to call in to a meeting while she was home so major props to you and your little one. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @wildtot that leaves me hopeful for next week when I take mine...its in the middle of the day and DH is supposed to cover me but sometimes he gets backed up at work and cannot. I always worry because of the blood draw and having him in that area makes me nervous!

@runsomewhere, a legit reason to be stressed for sure! Those are two big home ownership things that are big jobs and would totally stress me out too!

@zande2016 how inconsiderate! I hate when people don't think about what you have going on and only about what they need from you.

I called the plumber to schedule them to come fix our pipes this week, and they were like...we are on our way now! Nice that they are timely but DS had just gone down for a nap so once they got here the dogs were flipping out, plus there is drilling and sawing...I gave up on the nap. We are chillin' on the couch waiting for them to leave so we can go do yard work. 

It's so beautiful out! Got outside earlier for a hike and cannot WAIT to get out for yard work again today! No frosts on the horizon for 10 whole days and the local farm just started planting in the field, so I might be able to take my seedlings outside this week!
  • Options
    @SmashJam it was a bit funny that he got a bit scared the min we got into the exam room but he just stayed on the chair eating this cracker. He just watched me get blood drawn and get my tdap. He didn't do anything crazy thank goodness! Although he did try opening the bathroom door on me a few times lol

Well one reason I stayed home today was to get part of our drywall fixed. Just my luck they get here right when I put DS down for a nap. Hope he stops crying and actually naps because I have a few meetings coming up.
  • Options
    I had to take my daughter as well when I did mine... she was thinking they were hurting me or something when they were checking the baby's heartbeat. She was yelling "stop it, nurse!" over and over again. Other than that she did great! Don't sweat it and bring snacks :)
  • Options
    I planned on returning to my job after a maternity leave and let my boss know my first day back in January (cleared the first trimester).  I offered to participate in finding coverage for me through my planned leave of July and August.  I know it's probably not long enough, but this will be an unplanned leave.  Today my boss called me and asked how I felt about her hiring someone to 'help me' with my workload after my leave.  This is not to be the coverage person.  This, after my hours have recently been slashed and I now am down to less than 20 hours/week.  I let her know that I would like to work more and did not need 'help'.  I feel that there will basically not be a job waiting for me when I am ready to return.  And no, I am not eligible for legal protections as this is a very small employer (5 of us).  Wondering whether to focus my energy to work as much as I can at the current job until my maternity leave begins and hope for the best or focus my energies elsewhere for these next few months.  
  • Options
    @sarajmays That's a tough spot to be in! Is your boss trying to just be extra helpful since you'll be coming back so soon? Personally, I'd keep up my work to the best level  but maybe also look at what other options might be available for when coming back. It would be hard for me at this stage to focus my energies elsewhere. I can barely focus my energy as it is!
  • Options
    @sarajmays that sucks - if they're already cutting your hours below where you want, unless there's some major reason keeping you I'd probably put out some feelers during maternity leave...  Honestly though, there seems to be loopholes even if you have the legal protection of FMLA. 
    @noideawhatshesdoing I LOVE your sig tracker...it cracks me up every week
    @zande2016 there is no professionalism or courtesy anymore.  I had someone leave with no notice because she thought she'd get fired if she gave notice...no sweetie you just burnt a bridge and no I will not be a reference

Ok here we go... THE WEDDING BF POST!! I'm not even going to try to be brief but will spoiler.  Teaser - Whole reason I went was for naught, I was voted MVP, I got to take a wheelchair ride.  Overall I'm glad I went but man was there story fodder.

Important background information: Wedding is on Captiva Island - part of 2 islands in a string connected by single lane road and single toll bridge from mainland.  Takes an hour to get anywhere on island because of this.  We got our hotel on the mainland of Ft Myers, there is also Cape Coral (where the 3 air BNB houses for the couple, family, and friends were but we didn't know this until we got there) is another section separated from Ft Myers by a single toll bridge, you need to go to Ft Myers to go to Captiva from Cape Coral.  This is whole reason for why I was looking for a schedule so we could ensure proper driving time.

Thursday: Wake up at 5 am to rush to the airport and have a vmail from my uncle - since we spoke 2 weeks ago my aunt has been hospitalized with mercer and just got released back home but with the infection in the house we shouldn't visit.  The major reason I convinced my OB to let me go was so I could see my grandmother at my uncle's house and I didn't get to see her and then was super worried about my aunt the whole time. Get in around lunch, stop at market for baby supplies and drive the 2 hours from Ft Lauderdale to Ft Myers and check in without too much fuss (though DD peed through her pants which she hasn't done in forever!) with enough time to settle slightly with unpacking, give DD a snack and quiet time and change for evening.  Still no itinerary at this point, but get some group messages about the "activity" at 6 pm and address but no description or helpful details. Going off what little info we had, DH and I leave the hotel so we would be at the provided address at 6, halfway there we get a text from groom that they are finishing up dinner but are running late and won't be at "activity" half an hour late.  Well *&#$* we thought the activity WAS dinner and have not eaten anything since 1 and haven't brought dinner for DD.  Yea shame on us for assuming and not googling the address in the 3 min before we got in the car.  Get to the address and it's a mini golf, laser tag, bowling place.  I've been on planes and cars all day and supposed to be staying off my feet and we have a 2 year old who's been traveling since 6 am, hasn't had dinner, and it's an hour before bedtime... It was hell even with me just sitting and watching at each hole, tried to make the best of it and got DD to run the ball to the hole and she was mostly a trooper but def had meltdowns as we got towards 8... Groom came over to tell me that they were almost an extra half hour late but he told everyone no because he realizes bedtime is important for DD...gee thanks... Finally finish up around 830 and get my freaking "itiner-marry" which was rolled up in a glass bottle.  DH stops at a Tropical Smoothie (god i've missed them!) just before close for food for us all, then we put DD down in the room and eat in the pitch black in bed watching iZombie on mute on the ipad.

Friday: according to itinerary we don't need to be anywhere until 4:30 - so DH and I still have no idea why we were ordered to fly in on Thursday for minigolf?  DH had an awesome morning together just the 3 of us - went for an AWESOME breakfast, then since the kid doesn't like napping in the room we decided to go for a scenic drive to Captiva along the coast while she napped in the car seat.  While driving around we get a group message suggesting everyone go to the beach together right now and another about the "rehearsal" dinner (Bride's words not mine) and how they're getting a lot of questions on dress code and to wear something "nice I guess" but that we were all going to go to the beach site for the ceremony after to watch the sunset and go shelling...  Well DH didn't pack any dress slacks besides the wedding suit and it's in the high 80s and DD and I only have pants and like 1 dress each so we go off to Target and drop $120 on dress slacks, maternity shorts, maternity tank, toddler shorts, and an adorable outfit for DD for the dinner/beach. Get back and change and head off to dinner.  Decent time at a fairly nice restaurant with good food, then we all go to the public beach, big bag of gifts are given to DD as flower girl and the ring barer - some sweet things and a bunch of personalized items with DD name on them.  The couple bought DD a sand play kit and kite so we pull that out and she has a blast playing in the sand.  Funny note - I love the beach and miss living on the ocean, so I tie my dress to keep it down and walk DD down to the water to dip her toes and she freaks the F out - ninja mom moment catching her as she tries to lift both feet away from the water simultaneously lol.  She refused to go near the water again the rest of the trip but loved playing in the sand and I got some gorgeous photos of her and DH sitting watching the sunset.

Saturday: DH decides he wants to spend the day with the boys leading up to the wedding.. So around 10 we drive the hour over to the friend house and back to spend the day with the boys and i take over the rental car (I do NOT recommend a Ford Escape with ecoboost!) and screaming toddler who just wants daddy and drive around being creepy at starbucks willing DD to take a nap before we need to be at the salon and text with the MOH a bit to update on when I'll be there and asking if they need anything.  DD wakes up after only 45 min :'( so I settle her down on the bed in front of disney channel and get her juice and gogurt and repack everything for the rest of the day and wrestle cranky toddler into the car and start the hour drive to the salon - course she sets a habit of falling asleep in the car 15 min before we get anywhere rest of the day.  Get there half hour before my slot, bride is crying, both mothers are done and just sitting around, half the bridesmaids are being worked on and MOH is trying to talk bride off the ledge.  Mother of the bride (who i've met once) is sitting on a bench with me playing with DD and asking me what time the wedding is and other details and mentioning she doesn't think the bride is happy but doesn't go to do anything about it - both mothers end up leaving long before the rest of us because I offered to drive the last bridesmaid with me to get ready and to get to ceremony.  One of the stylists comes over asking about DD as flower girl and says all she knows how to do is use a curling iron but doesn't want to do that on a toddler - um who WOULD want to use a curling iron on a 2 year old!? And keeps saying "it's up to you" but pressuring me to just drop the appointment and saying her hair was cute as it was - um it was in a pebbles half pony on the top of her head!  I said I was just the mom it wasn't my decision and the bride needed to be happy with it - she kept saying that usually they just pin a flower crown in place but you need to bring it yourself. I threw out ideas of a braid crown or multiple pony tails across the top....SOMETHING...more dead ends so I just pull out the comb and try to do something myself.  She comes back over and I ask if there's any way I can have some mini elastics and hairspray because I didn't expect to be doing this and didn't bring any.  She ends up finally getting the idea of what I'm trying to do and agrees to work on DD just as they come to get me a half hour after my slot was supposed to be - so I leave DD with the tablet and the mothers and get taken to the next room where I had 2 ladies working on me at once doing make up and curling hair - I suggested they just do a french braid with a couple curls in front because I have A LOT of hair and we need to leave by 3 and it's already after 2 and the bride has no makeup on. By now they've figured out how unhappy the bride is and say "NO bride said everyone down hair with natural curls" k curls it is.  DD ended up looking adorable - they did the crown braid and another on the other side and she sat perfectly still the whole time so she curled the back of her hair with an iron.  I hated my makeup - i thought it looked overly dark and gaudy but hey it photographed well in the family selfie and I didn't pay for it so I honestly didn't care how I looked! There was more drama regarding eyelashes - apparently bride didn't include this request when she booked time so there was not enough time for all the bridesmaids to get them but they'd put them on two and now all the bridesmaids had them except the MOH and the makeup girl had 2 other appointments waiting and had to go start them but said she'd come back in 15-20 min to finish the lashes.  Bride is freaking out because apparently, although we are island-side and 15 min from the ceremony site, the plan was to drive the hour back to Cape Coral to get dressed then the hour back to the ceremony... such poor planning... Well bride is going OFF on the receptionist who made the mistake of asking if she was happy... They decide to stay the 15-20 min for the lashes and send the finished bridesmaid and I back to the bridal house to start getting ready and I had an hour drive to get filled in by a venting bridesmaid about all the drama i MISSED at the salon.  Once the other girls get back to the house the bride proceeds to lock herself in her room to freak out for a little bit and then all the girls start touching up/changing the makeup they just paid for... I guess I kind of took charge but I was just trying to be helpful; kept the bride calm, asked her what I could do to help and what she needed...  Then I put her hair piece in (she forgot to bring it), listened as she bitched about how much she still hated her hair and local florist wanting $60 a bouquet and how they made their own from publix $5 picks, hid the bra and fixed the dress of every bridesmaid, took group photos once they were all dressed, and kept official time to make sure they left in time (while entertaining a toddler and feeding her yogurt and milk and water).  As we're starting the hour trek to i do's, I notice MOH's dress is hanging outside the car, so I tell bridesmaid in my car to call her...then we have to call again 5 min later when they turn the other way and we notice the other bridesmaid's dress is ALSO hanging outside the car.  We're stealing toddler snacks from the diaper bag  because my new bridesmaid buddy has medical problems too and wasn't allowed to stop for food by bride and is crashing - mom snacks FTW!  Finally make it to the ceremony site a few min late and there is NO parking since it's a public beach with a maybe 20 car lot, I got there before bride and DH had been standing in a spot for me, offered to give it to the bride instead but they found one.  Change DD in the back of the SUV (she was overjoyed to finally see daddy) and we all got there just in time to start everything.  Did i mention we never practiced or were given directions on what they wanted...in 5 min it went from hand the pail to DD and send her down the aisle at daddy then collect her, to hold her hand and walk with her...and ultimately I ended up being flower girl.  I'm not kidding... I walked down throwing petals and coaxing a grumpy 2 year old and terrified kid down the aisle... DD kept just coming down picking up the petals I dropped and then took off for daddy and screamed while I pried her away and then hauled her back up to the parking lot so everyone could actually hear the ceremony - twice - and then bribed her to keep quiet with a bag of goldfish.  During photos I felt super sick and really thought I was going to puke and got yelled at by DH for not eating enough (um...WHEN was I supposed to eat? Was with Bride since 1 and barely made it to the wedding on time) and chugging water because it was 90 degrees out.  Then I got completely attacked by bugs - my legs still itch so badly.  After photos we head to a restaurant for reception/dinner and as we get there the bride/MOH calls me over asking if I can help fix her bustle - sure thing we got this!  About this time the MOH tells me I am the MVP of this wedding and the bridesmaid seconds...I was just being a reasonable adult!  Leave dinner with still no location for the day after brunch decided and promises of a text in the morning (but mother of the bride had fun grabbing the bump for a good 5 min - I did not yell) and I fill DH in on the day on the hour drive to room. We were going to try to wash all the gunk out of DD's hair but poor thing was so exhausted we just did our best to strip her and put her to bed and washed her in the morning.

Sunday: Get the restaurant just before we need to leave, still beat the cousins of the bride and bride's parents (who are "hosting") and let's just say i'm hurting BAD from all the activity the day before...so I specifically chose an end seat on the booth so I didn't have to scoot but didn't have to sit on a hard chair and could get up to pee...I was made to move in because no one planned out seating ahead of time and the super late people needed to sit together... they put a chair between the tables to my right too so when I had to pee DH and one of the other guys had to get up and I had to scoot 3 seats down the bench and limp to the bathroom.   Brunch took seriously 3 hours and the groom pulled me aside on the walk out to say he'd heard some of what happened the day before and wanted to thank me for everything I'd done.  DH wanted to go to the beach with everyone, I so didn't but also was trying to be supportive - thankfully DD chose that moment to lose her shit and we went back to the room for a 2 hour nap and netflix break with feet up, then went to the pool at the hotel.  I brought a suit but the clasp on the top was missing so I couldn't go in the pool and ended up watching DD like a hawk when it took her a while to warm up to the pool and staying in with DH and hurting my back and yelling at DH.  Then a final dinner out, ice cream cones on the beach, and back to the room to figure out how to pack all these huge not easily transportable gifts the couple gave DH and DD - including breakables like art, and coffee mug, and 4 set of libby rocks glasses (wtf?).  DD is tired and cranky and wants to cuddle and i'm really in pain so I ended up just watching Disney channel with her while he packed and I supervised.  Finally get her down at 10 and DH double checks flight to find out it's an HOUR earlier than he thought and we need to get up at 2:30 AM to drive the 2 hours to the airport...

Monday: Hit the road by 3 am, not much issue, DH recently brought up moving back to FL so we end up hashing that out over the course of the drive. We had an email from Jet Blue that our gate had changed, but DH didn't actually launch the email to read the body.  Boarding pass says F3, all the monitors say G1...we eat quick airport breakfast check again, monitors still say G1 so that's where we go... Walk to the literal ends of the airport - i think garmin said 1500 steps - i'm limping and can't keep up with DH and my hip keeps dropping and my foot dragging.  Get there and it's now 630 and it's the wrong gate and there's no way i'm making that hike back... before I even say anything (hell before I caught up to gate) he requests a wheelchair for me.  So I got a wheelchair ride across FLL airport! lots of judge-y looks from people who didn't want to get out of the way...Get to the gate just as they're almost done boarding...get halfway down the gangway and realize one of our bags is still on the wheelchair and start running back...thankfully it was still at the gate... Of course they changed our seats and we're in row 1 which means NO carryon room and we need to grab kid stuff we can hold in our laps and find room down the plane.  I'm also already about to pee my pants and didn't get to pee until over an hour later when I finally broke the seatbelt rule because I was in agony and real danger of peeing myself and DD's diaper was about to burst.  Rest of flight was fairly uneventful as was getting car, dog, lunch...but we barely walked through the front door before my boss started blowing up my phone and I got pulled into meetings from 12-5 PM - half of which I took while holding my 2 year old and trying to eat because DH needed to go to DMV to renew license.  Finally told work to shove it around 5/530 and came downstairs to find both DD and DH passed out on the couch in front of Trolls... I got super cranky by 8 because I was the only one who didn't nap all day.  DH was nice before bed letting me just crab at him and he even rubbed my feet/legs that he agreed were super swollen and let me sleep in this morning while he got DD ready and off to daycare.

Whole thing was a shit show...but honestly, there was something about being back in FL that made me happier than I've been in a long time and DH and I had a lot of sincere laughs.  So despite the drama and literal pains in the butt I am glad I went, but I have put myself back on bed rest for the rest of the week until my hips and ankle go back to normal!

Well that ended up even longer than expected...but hey it was 5 days of shit show in 1 post!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 Lol. Thanks! I'm glad I stumbled across that one because I'm not keen on the food references. Weirds me out! Also, OMG, what a weekend! Certainly does sound like you were MVP! You sound so much like my bff who always gets put into these same crazy situations of having to wrangle other people because they don't actually plan or communicate well! I can't believe you put yourself through all that! Well done! And you totally deserve all the rest you can get!
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 I got exhausted just reading that.  Major props to you - you were definitely MVP!!!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    thanks, ladies.  suddenly i can't "love it" i get an error about java permissions... Also got a popup add on the desktop... WTF bump!? You give me back my thread link and annoy the crap of me other ways.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker