September 2018 Moms
Options

Monday Moans 4/23 (Gladly accepting your complaints all week long)

Re: Monday Moans 4/23 (Gladly accepting your complaints all week long)

• Options
    @nlc8424 ha! I figured you knew the dose of Claritin, becaus I doubt you just haphazardly gave him a swig. I meant that I wasn’t sure of the dosing for Zyrtec if you wanted to try that instead. :smile:
  • Options
    @spottedginger ah that makes more sense, my tired brain couldn't connect the dots though at the moment hah. Depending on how he does with switching to taking claritin in the morning, I might ask them about dosing for zyrtec. He's so close to 2 years old and at a good weight that I'm guessing my ped would recommend whatever does for a 2 year old.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    samd6samd6 member
    I’ve been having a bleh week at work. Nothing major but a few minor mistakes that I am blowing out of proportion. I’ve had an earache and what seems to be a sinus infection for a week + but I am allergic to penicillin, amoxicillin and cephalosporins so there’s nothing I can do but wait it out. All of these minor things, combined with an uncontrollable urge to cry, this week has been super great
  • Options
    @Patience7150 oh no that's aweful!!!! I hope tonight is super boring for you

@samd6 everything always seems 10 times worse when my head hurts, I hope you feel better soon
  • Options
    @nlc8424 hope LO feels better soon!

i feel like all I’m doing is complaining lately but last night I actually started crying because I was so uncomfortable lol. I was blessed with a very easy first trimester and no MS. I’ve had a lot of trouble sleeping since becoming pregnant bc I used to take medication for anxiety and insomnia. But now, I’m joining the “too uncomfortable to sleep” club. My back hurts so bad and I basically just switch from my left side to my right every three minutes, and it’s just freaking ridiculous haha. I think the giant snoogle (??) type pillow might help, but a) I move around too much and b) i don’t know if it’ll fit in our queen size bed...unless DH leaves lol. I know I am lucky and everything is normal and fine but omg I’m tired and cranky and my back hurts and I just want to curl up and whine about it! I need to try to start yoga or streching at night maybe? Ok, that’s all. End rant. 
  • Options
    Thank you @ashh2018. It doesn't help that I'm a really light sleeper anyway. I'm fairly uncomfortable too, it only gets worse from here :( . And I also yell at the dogs a lot too @EErin86.
  • Options
    @ashh2018 definitely try the snoogle. We have a king but when I turn over I just pull the bottom up like @EErin86 said. It has helped me be able to find more comfortable positions. Some of my sleep positions are a little wacky with the snoogle but they’re comfortable. Also, I think this is a time when you are allowed to complain, our bodies are going through a lot physically and our hormones are wild. You get to be sad, angry, happy or whatever other mood suits you at any given moment. 

@EErin86 @nlc8424 I’ve been doing some yelling at the dog too, but then I always feel really bad because it’s not really her fault and she doesn’t understand why I’m upset. 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 thirding try the snoogle! I wouldn't have survived my first pregnancy without it. I really hate to say it gets worse because everyone is different, but my experience was that it gets way worse. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the snoogle votes! I think I might do it! 

@magnolia209 congrats on resolving an issue! Makes the long day worth it!

i had been taking Benadryl every night for about a week, and it did help slightly. Made it so that when I woke up a million times (which I still did) I was able to fall back asleep a little faster. My doctor is so anti-medication that without her specific endorsement, DH doesn’t feel comfortable with me taking anything so I feel bad. Ugh. 
  • Options
    @stothi I wouldn’t have known that, thank you!
  • Options
    @ashh2018 I had a snoogle for my first pregnancy but didn't love it because of how big it was. I ended up getting this smaller boppy side sleeper pillow this time and it's been SO comfortable! Might be a good option if you're concerned about it being too big for your queen bed! It's just enough support on my belly and back without being intrusive. The between the legs part of the snoogle always woke me up in the middle of the night when I was rolling over and it would be in the way. 
    https://shop.boppy.com/b2c/product/boppy-side-sleeper-pregnancy-pillow

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AdmiralKitty that’s a cool idea, I’ve never seen that one! I’ve been sleeping w/ a regular pillow between my legs for years bc of lower back problems. I actually bought a small boppy wedge but I can’t find a way to make it help me. I’ll check that one out!
  • Options
    @ashh2018 I prefer a normal pillow between my legs over the wedge (which I also have but mostly used under my belly super late in pregnancy last time). I'm a back sleeper normally so i kind of wedge myself against the boppy thingy so I feel like I'm lying on my back even though I'm mostly on my side. I don't feel like I need the leg pillow right now but I definitely will soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    stothistothi member
    edited April 2018
    starla said:
    @klj0228 It's not also your cat? I assume you don't like the cat or there's a story there... LOL
    I like my husband's cats but they are definitely his cats. He had them before we met or the one he got when we were together but HE got it, not me. My dog is totally my dog, but we have one cat we consider "ours." We both like all the animals but there are well defined lines about which pet belongs to whom. Oh, like the chickens. "We" don't have chickens, "I" have chickens.

Eta: I like most of my husband's cats. The one I didn't does not live with us anymore.
  • Options
    @Starla we have a love hate relationship. She was his before we met and when we got married and I moved in with them she started peeing on my clothes...I’m talking would go so far as to dig down in the laundry basket below his clothes and pee on mine! She was also being annoying today which is when I took the photo. She has apparently figured out I’m pregnant and wants to be on top of it beside me non-stop now.

I have a dog that was mine when we met and while he loves her she is definitely mine. Then we have two cats who showed up on day and they our “ours”. 
  • Options
    @klj0228 Interesting! I had my cat before I met DH. DH has fully adopted her and considers her "ours."
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    I need to vent so I don't go ballistic on my husband. I've been dresser window shopping for weeks now for baby's room. DH wants me to get quality, wood furniture but says we cannot afford to pay a lot, and he hasn't done any shopping around, so he has no sense of what quality furniture cost. I sent him a link to a dresser that was engineered wood, but looked decent enough and he told me to order it. Well, it comes and it's complete crap. It's literally plywood with a plastic film over it to make it look like wood. I agree with him, it has to go back, and unfortunately this falls on him, being he has the truck and I cannot lift a dresser to haul it back. But he's acting real annoyed and angry at me over this whole thing. If it were up to him, we'd kept everything exactly the same and just use boxes on the floor to store baby things.
  • Options
    @sarah-ruby-21 Oh man...I'd super sarcastically tell him "I'm sorry you have to lift a dresser and deal with it for 30 minutes while I carry this kid around for 9 months." I do feel bad when I order stuff online that H has to help me return, but that's life. 
  • Options
    @sarah-ruby-21 that's frustrating! And exactly why I refuse to order furniture online. Do you have ReStores by you? Usually they have older all wood furniture. It's used but good shape still.
  • Options
    Thanks @Patience7150 and @EErin86! I love the 9 months line. Might be pulling that out tonight if I get anymore grief. And yeah, no more buying sight unseen. We don't have ReStores, but we have tons of antique shops and I found a set on Facebook marketplace that looked decent.  
  • Options
    I've finally caught the cold that was going around my house forever. Yuck to congestion and drainage. 

Also, I'm kind of wanting to say WTF to my coworker. She had to go to a different building for an appointment this afternoon and these appointments usually last 2 hours long. She left around 130 and said that she won't be coming back after since she figures it'll be about time to go home anyway (she's supposed to work until 5 but always leaves at 430). I just can't wrap my head around her logic for this and how she feels no guilt cutting out at least an hour and a half off her work day. I can almost guarantee that she won't use any time to even it out. I won't say anything because it's useless, but it's such a pet peeve of mine.
  • Options
    I worked hard all fall and this spring to get our landscaping and yardwork spot on....and the stupid deer ate my tulips and lillies!  :'(

Last year they ate the hostas right by our front door. And our dog is outside 24/7 all summer... we had to put an electric fence around the garden after they hit our green beans. I know this is standard in some places, but I can throw a rock to my garden from my house. They are so dang brazen!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Options
    @jhjocelyn I'm right in the middle of the city so my garden battles involve cats pooping/digging in the garden which kills the seedlings or birds eating the seedlings. You'd think with all the cats I wouldn't have to worry about birds too, but it's alas it's still a problem.
    I've never seen a deer up close (other than at the zoo, and that's not that close) and think I would die from excitement the first time or 3 one came into the garden. Then I imagine the frustration would set in.
  • Options
    So my full time job is a teacher, but I also teach group fitness classes as a side gig.  I decided last night that I am done teaching two high l                    evel cardio classes (Bodystep and Spinning) back to back.  It is just too much for my body right now to do 100+ minutes of cardio back to back.  The yoga instructor that teaches after me asked how I was doing and I said, “my body realized today that I am done teaching two cardio classed back to back.  I made it to 19 weeks in my pregnancy, I was hoping to keep teaching a double awhile longer, but I have to give in”.  Her response, “oh, well I didn’t modify my teaching schedule during pregnancy at all”.  I responded to her “well, I am still teaching 5 classes a week, I am just deciding not to teach back to back”.  I had to walk away before I said anything else snarky. 
  • Options
    @sarah-ruby-21 I don't know your time constraints but if you get a chance to look at garage or estate sales they might have a dresser that is decent quality that you could always refinish?  That is my plan, I am not 100% I will find what I am looking for but want to give it a go for a bit. 
  • Options
    @stothi
    oh we still love watching them, and mmaaayyy be putting out corn for them on the other side of the property... 

2 summers ago I was able to can somewhere around 50+ quarts of green beans. So the next summer I planted half as many hoping for a little easier to manage crop. The deer topped all the plants and I got 7 quarts... *eyeroll*

This year we are taking it easy and sticking w winter squash and maybe corn just because dd loves it. It will be dh and dd’s garden this year! 

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Options
    @jhjocelyn my garden at this property is tiny :'(  It doesn't produce enough to can. It's basically just for fun at this point and my son and I just eat straight off the plants. Almost nothing ever makes it inside cause there just isn't enough. I'm hoping that I can squeeze in maybe one or two more raised beds somewhere and get enough tomatoes for sauce. I LOVE homemade pasta sauce. I simmer that goodness on the stove for 12+ hours and let it naturally thicken down. It's so much work but it's so freaking delicious!!! I dream of getting a big enough property to have a proper garden space and to produce enough to can. Also I want more chickens and some ducks. Lol, my dreams take up a lot of space.
  • Options
    @jhjocelyn and anyone else with deer issues...a have a tip, but it's gross, so that was the warning.

Urine from a male predator will usually keep away deer from plants. In leiu of a male dog, my FIL pees on his plants. Their neighborhood backs up to a forest preserve, and if he doesn't pee on the tulips and such, they disappear. During the day, he tends to save most of his urine in a glass container and pours it on them at night. In the dark he just pees on them.

Sorry for that TMI, but I've seen the before and after (but not the act) and it totally works. Not sure if you wanna pee on/near food type plants of course, but decorative ones for sure. Unfortunately, even though we all pee too much, male urine really does work better.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ew I got so focused on pee I forgot about my wtf.

It's the whole day. Puppy spent 5 days on mostly crate rest after some limping last weekend, but he was still limping, so I took him in this morning. He broke his toe. Like badly. Luckily they can splint and wrap to try to avoid surgery. But that's now 4 weeks of as much rest as possible, plus minimum 5 more appointments in 4 weeks to monitor. Had to run to the next town over to garb an inflatable collar of shame so he doesn't kill me or toddler in the house (65 lbs of 9 month old puppy) with the hard plastic cone. We finally get home, I haven't eaten, I open the fridge and the ground beef my husband left in there wasn't on a plate or sheet and now there's juice everywhere. Had to throw out some fruit and veggies because no way to clean enough, and spend about 40 min dismantling and cleaning fridge. Just to make lunch and get DS to nap late.

Plus side-both toddler and puppy really handled it all like total champions. AW photos below, it's an impressive break and wrapping job.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeamocktail sorry about your pup. Do you mind putting that photo in a spoilers box? I’m not as strongly-stomached as I normally am and was caught off guard. 
    Thanks!
  • Options
    @pourmeamocktail sorry about your pup. Do you mind putting that photo in a spoilers box? I’m not as strongly-stomached as I normally am and was caught off guard. 
    Thanks!
    Sorry, I would, but my phone wouldn't let me. I'll try again...
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker