Chit Chat

Re: FFFC

• Options
    I judge my neighbors lawns. It is not much work to spray for dandilions and possibly throw on some fertilizer. At least weed eat the weeds that grow between the sidewalk blocks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jrm_14 Ha! I was just talking about that on the randoms page... my lawn would make your skin crawl. Hell, it makes MY skin crawl. If you have advice I will happily take it. My parents are coming down tomorrow to help me, actually. My dad is the lawn king. I never appreciated how immaculate he kept our yard until I had one I needed to get under control myself. Moles, dandelions, clover, wild onions, vines on my fence, ivy choking my trees... It's impossible to stay on top of it all. I am no match against Mother Nature.

But to my credit, I live in an older neighborhood that was considered county up until 10 years ago when it was annexed into the city so the area is still fairly rural. My neighbors' yards look like mine. However, that doesn't mean I couldn't do better.
  • Options
    We don’t have a large yard, but we hire folks to do the landscaping maintenance for us. It’s so much easier to enjoy it when I don’t have to be the one trimming bushes and mowing the lawn.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo
    Weed stop concentrate. Hook this up to your hose, spray on grass. Bam- crabgrass, dandelions, etc. be gone. 

I completely contradict minimal-chemicals-as-possible lifestyle when it comes to my lawn. 
  • Options
    @jrm_14 - that stuff works? I have pellets my dad recommended (Weed and Feed) but I'll give that stuff a shot if it doesn't work out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Also, if you (or anyone!) has a good mosquito control method I'd love to hear it. Insecticides make the environmentalist in my cringe :\ but at the same time, I literally cannot sit out in my yard without being attacked by those nasty little blood suckers. And my poor wife, she's like a magnet to them. She walks from our front door to get the mail and back and she'll get one or two bites along the way. It sucks. I saw a solution of mouthwash, flat beer, and epsom salts on the internet... haven't tried it yet but I may do that before resorting to harsher methods.
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo We plant citronella plants in our yard and it has helped keep the mosquitoes away. You can also rub the leaves on your skin to help repel them. I love the smell of it. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @eleven_ whaaaaat I didn't realize that was a thing!  I'm going to plant some this weekend
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo we have a swamp on side of our house and a natural pond in the back yard. We use Mosquito Dunks in both areas. Last year we also tried the Mosquito Magnet. It works really well.
  • Options
    If we don't have gravy, I mix a little bit of Better than Bullion chicken base into my mashed potatoes. I think it tastes just like gravy. My H thinks it's gross.
  • Options
    @offtoneverland I always tell DH he has to give me an underwear warning when he's getting low. I am terrible at keeping up with laundry! 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @eleven_ MH and I made a similar agreement. He does most of the dishes and I do the laundry. I don't think he even remembers how to do the laundry anymore! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @offtoneverland we have the same arrangement! We've split a lot of our chores like that.  It works well.  No surprises!
  • Options
    @offtoneverland We used to have that exact same agreement!  MH becomes annoyed by my once-a-week emptying of my stash of containers from work.
    If a certain dish I want was not clean, or if he wanted clothes I hadn’t washed yet-  we can each did it ourselves. 
  • Options
    We have the dishes / laundry agreement too. Though I find myself picking up the slack for him a lot more then he does for me :expressionless: