October 2018 Moms
Options

Cravings - Poll

2»

Re: Cravings - Poll

• Options
    @jellybelly114 My husband would stare at me too...but not because I wasn't being helpful, because he's hopeful he's got just the juicy recipe hahaha
  • Options
    @chopchop25 I used to eat Halo Top before I got pregnant, but fake sugar or whatever is in it is gross.  My husband brings it home and every flavor he gets tastes off now, even when he got my favorite -it was still gross.  I need real ice cream or nothing.

I don’t have any actual cravings this time.  I’ve been wanting frozen grapes, but not like a craving.  Last pregnancy it was all the spicy things. I used to put so much cayenne on my popcorn that I could barely eat it and was always asking my husband to make me Cajun chicken fingers. Milk was a thing last time too - not a craving, but I got very defensive of the milk at home. One time my husband asked if I finished the milk and I started yelling at him that it was my milk and I went to the store to buy it and if I wanted to finish it I could because I went out and bought it, and then I burst into tears and went to our room. Poor guy was only asking so he knew if he should buy more. We laugh about the crazy now, but at the time it was a big deal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sour and salty.  Anything with vinegar.  Anything pickled.  And yellow mustard right now... omg I could almost eat it with a spoon.  Isn't that weird? I normally have the biggest sweet tooth and still have little to no cravings for sweet.  
  • Options
    It's a real bad time to be craving Caesar salad.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @tropical1982 just make sure the eggs are pasteurized in the dressing! 
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth she might be referring to the E. Coli romaine outbreak? I hope so, at least, because her post literally made me lol. 
  • Options
    @tropical1982 Yes! It’s been so warm lately all I want to eat is salad. But my options have been seriously limited. 
  • Options
    Omg I knew about the e coli but totally slipped my mind with that post as I know most are worried as some recipes call for raw egg in it. Eh there are other Lettuce options out there! :smiley:
  • Options
    Omg I knew about the e coli but totally slipped my mind with that post as I know most are worried as some recipes call for raw egg in it. Eh there are other Lettuce options out there! :smiley:
    There are, but isn’t Caesar salad made specifically with romaine?  Otherwise it’s a regular salad with Caesar dressing? That may be close enough to satisfy the craving, but sometimes if you want something, it has to be exactly that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I definitely had a Caesar salad craving about 4-6 weeks ago. It HAD to be romaine. I'm fortunate I didn't get sick with all the romaine I ate! 
  • Options
    I’ve had two tuna fish sandwiches this pregnancy. I don’t think I’ve eaten tuna in 15 years. But it’s all I want 
  • Options
    Oh and yes to the chocolate milk. Glass of ovultine every night 
  • Options
    There are, but isn’t Caesar salad made specifically with romaine?  Otherwise it’s a regular salad with Caesar dressing? That may be close enough to satisfy the craving, but sometimes if you want something, it has to be exactly that.
    @purplegoldfish2 perhaps they’re usually made with romaine, but I’ve seen Caesar salads these days made with kale or radicchio, which I actually like better sometimes than the regular romaine! 
  • Options
    yes ^^ kale Caesar salad is the best! The kale soaks up the dressing and makes it really yummy! 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    @chyvie mmhmm it’s my favorite way to eat Caesar these days!