August 2018 Moms

UO 4/19

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: UO 4/19

• I don’t tell my doctor everything if they don’t ask. I’ve heard people say their doctor told them to stop nursing their toddler while pregnant, and I have no idea if my doctor even knows I’m still nursing to give her opinion. She didn’t ask, I didn’t tell.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I side eye first day of school pictures for 3 year olds going to preschool. Not so much the picture itself, but the social media affair over it.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don’t tell my doctor everything if they don’t ask. I’ve heard people say their doctor told them to stop nursing their toddler while pregnant, and I have no idea if my doctor even knows I’m still nursing to give her opinion. She didn’t ask, I didn’t tell.
    Yup. I think I’ve even used the words ‘don’t ask dont tell’ when it comes to asking about nursing in pregnancy. 

I did the sane with exercise too. My midwife brought up my running last pregnancy with me bc I’m fb friends with her so she saw me post about it - lol. 

But... I feel well informed on that stuff and don’t see it as something that’s a medical risk.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• I just went down to the cafeteria to grab lunch and had an “earth bowl” made with rice and veggies and chicken and sauce. Sounds great. Then they handed it to me cold. Like, who orders that type of thing cold?? I thought for sure they’d put it on the grill/skillet thing like at Flat Top Grill or something. $6.50 in the trash. So I guess my UO is that I’m picky and bitter enough to throw away an untouched lunch. 
  • ^^stupid hipsters.  Probably some theory about cold food being better for the body or burns more calories or something.  
  • I side eye first day of school pictures for 3 year olds going to preschool. Not so much the picture itself, but the social media affair over it.
    Have you had a 3 year old? I can’t remember if this is your first. But man I used to feel the same way until I actually had a 3 year old. They grow so fast and those milestones may seem small to others but they’re huge when they’re yours. 
    Yup! 
  • @mapleandbacon I could’ve cried. And now I’m too embarrassed to go back and get a second lunch.
  • ^^stupid hipsters.  Probably some theory about cold food being better for the body or burns more calories or something.  
    Actually cooked food is better for your digestive system so their argument wouldn’t be valid!!  What an odd meal to serve cold!
  • When I taught kindergarten, each class would pick a song and do a little dance and sing and that was our ceremony. It was adorable. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

Have you had a 3 year old? I can’t remember if this is your first. But man I used to feel the same way until I actually had a 3 year old. They grow so fast and those milestones may seem small to others but they’re huge when they’re yours. 
    My son will be 3 in June. His first day of preschool is actually my EDD. And sure, I’m excited for him, and I will take a picture. No “1st day of school” chalkboard. No Facebook. Not my style.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Maybe mine is an UO but I can't wait for the kindergarten pictures, the graduations from each grade, the first day of school pictures... gimme all of them! I've seriously already considered getting each kiddo one of those "Class of" t-shirts for the year they graduate high school and get the picture every year.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsbubbles-2 DS just had his cap and gown pic taken for pre k graduation and I am dying to see the cuteness when they come back!!
  • @KonaCoffeeBean DS will be moving to a school year based daycare within a few days of DS2’s arrival. How are you feeling about preschool?

I feel a little bad about the timing, but am so ready for DS to move out of his current daycare situation.
  • @scottishlass1213 I assumed it was cooked, just cold.  Not like, raw rice and beans.
  • @proudparent2b I’m psyched about preschool, generally. I think the addition structure in the daytime will be great for him. I’m a little uncertain how we will handle his start date. We might need to start him a week late if I go all the way up to/over my due date.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • I do the first (and last!!! In the same outfit too so I can compare how much they’ve grown) day pics and yes on fb. No chalkboards bc I’m not pintresty but I do type up a little blurb about them/school/favorites to post. It is mostly just for me bc I enjoy it and like looking back but also farther flung family. and yes starting in prek bc honestly it’s a big deal too - even if not to the parents (though usually it is), to the kid! 

But im glad our school doesn’t do kinder grad - they do kinder picnic instead which is perfect. I think my middle has a prek grad though at his school... eye roll but not my choice. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• @mrsbubbles-2 Me Too. Just looking back at the four years of my daughter, they change so much and so quickly.  I want to enjoy every minute. 
  • They can have as many graduations as they want as long as there is cake that I didn't have to pay for.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I didn't appreciate the whole K, 5, 8th grade graduation ceremonies until my first year of teaching. I taught in a self-contained special education K-5 classroom. For some of those kids, their parents didn't even show up. They couldn't afford a nice new outfit and the parents didn't dress the kids up nicely. That being said, my students were so proud of themselves and I knew for some that education wasn't supported at home, and I doubted they would make to a 'real' high school graduation, let alone 8th grade.  That day that I helped some of my students get dressed (finding nicer outfits in the lost and found, etc.) was one of my best days as a teacher and one that is etched in my memory.  Most of us take it for granted, and we are lucky that we had the support or can give the support to our children.
  • Piperella said:
    I didn't appreciate the whole K, 5, 8th grade graduation ceremonies until my first year of teaching. I taught in a self-contained special education K-5 classroom. For some of those kids, their parents didn't even show up. They couldn't afford a nice new outfit and the parents didn't dress the kids up nicely. That being said, my students were so proud of themselves and I knew for some that education wasn't supported at home, and I doubted they would make to a 'real' high school graduation, let alone 8th grade.  That day that I helped some of my students get dressed (finding nicer outfits in the lost and found, etc.) was one of my best days as a teacher and one that is etched in my memory.  Most of us take it for granted, and we are lucky that we had the support or can give the support to our children.
    WoW, so sad but yet rewarding for you.