December 2018 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In w/o 4/18

Re: PGAL Check In w/o 4/18

• Options
    @littlewhitecottage I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    @littlewhitecottage :cry: I’m so sorry *internet hugs for you*
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @littlewhitecottage  I'm so sorry

1. Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.   I had a loss in September 2017 at 6 weeks 2 days

2. How far along are you? Any milestones coming up?  I'm 5+4 today, and I'm hoping I'll be able to relax a little once I've passed 6+2. I had brownish spotting in the week before I miscarried, and so far I haven't had any of that this time.

3. How are you feeling (symptom or anxiety wise)? Nauseated, light headed, smell averse, and with a short fuse. I gave someone some pretty blunt feedback at work the other night, after being up all night operating. He was wrong, and deserved the feedback, but I'm sure I could have been more constructive. 

4. Any appointments this week? First appointment is May 11

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): I've got two days off, because I worked the long weekend! 

6.GTKY: Do you and your SO have "a song"? Not a couple song. We played "I just haven't met you yet" when I was in labour with my son, but I guess that makes it my son's song. 
  • Options
    I just got my blood results back and my HCG was 20 and my progesterone was 27.4 at 3 weeks 3 days. I’m going to call my OB as soon as they open to see what they think, but at least that is higher than my numbers at 4 weeks last time.
  • Options
    @katy0990 Dr. Google says that's good!  
    3 weeks LMP5 – 50 mIU/ml
    5 weeks LMP18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t You called it! They were thrilled with my progesterone and said my HCG is in line with my dates. The nurse actually said HCG does not typically show until 10 DPO and I was 9 DPO yesterday when they did it. I go tomorrow morning for another draw and am praying my numbers will continue to increase. I’m cautiously optimistic. I think I will feel better after Tuesday when I will be one day past my loss. I am afraid to “jinx” it by pinning this board or commenting on the other threads, which I do realize sounds insane.
  • Options
    @katy0990 You're pregnant today! Your body is going to do what it's going to do and being happy isn't going to change anything except allow you to be happy! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t That is very true. Thanks for the reminder :)
  • Options
    Hi ladies - I am happy this thread exists because PGAL is HARD!  

1. Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.:

My name is Alana.  I am 40 years old.  I've been struggling with infertility for the past 2 and a half years.  Have had many, many cancelled IVFs and done many IUIs that all haven't worked.  We had a surprise natural conception that ended with a D&C when we didn't see a heartbeat at 6+3. This pregnancy is a result of IVF with donor eggs since my eggs are scrambled.

2. How far along are you? Any milestones coming up?  4+1 today.  Second beta on Monday and first ultrasound on Thursday. I will get weekly ultrasounds until 9 weeks and then released to a regular OB.

3. How are you feeling (symptom or anxiety wise)? I am just NERVOUS.  I want to get to the heartbeat ultrasound and then maybe I can breathe a little.  No real symptoms except for bloating.

4. Any appointments this week? Repeat Beta on monday

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): Not much.  Trying to figure out what to do with my work life.  There is a possibility of a big promotion.

6.GTKY: Do you and your SO have "a song"?  We actually don't!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @littlewhitecottage I'm so sorry you're going through this.  Big hugs to you.  <3
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Sorry, I was swamped at work yesterday and just got caught up.

@morgantu So glad to see your healthy US!

@coco2787 I hope you have a better update next week.  I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!  <3
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @alana0613 Congratulations on your pregnancy! Fix for good numbers on Monday!
  • Options
    @alana0613 Welcome and congrats! Wishing you best of luck with numbers for your second beta draw, and I hope you get to see a heartbeat soon!

@katy0990 Those are great numbers for being so early and fx for awesome numbers on your next draw! :)
  • Options
    @alana0613 Welcome and I can't wait to hear your update on betas! Prayers for good news!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Oh @littlewhitecottage I'm so sorry :(. Sending you soothing thoughts and hugs.
    @coco2787 I sympathize. I hope your next u/s will give you answers!

I know I'm a bit late but I hope it's okay for me to post this:

1. Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.

Hello there. My name is Sam(antha) and I'm 31. My husband and I have started TTC in January this year. I got pregnant right away but it ended up in MC. See spoilers for details.

Spoiler
    I started losing blood during week 5; went to the hospital every other day during 2 weeks before they gave me medication to stop the pregnancy because it wasn't evolving normally.

2. How far along are you? Any milestones coming up?
    I'm 5 weeks and 4 days. Last time I started loosing blood at 5w+3d so... I guess I've made it further. I'm nowhere near relaxed yet but I'm trying to take each day as it comes.

3. How are you feeling (symptom or anxiety wise)?
    Massive head spinning yesterday night... nothing since. I'm bloated, I have mild nausea and cramping. And I'm tired all the time.

4. Any appointments this week?
    Nope. But next week, April 26th, will be my first ultrasound.

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 
    I get mad in my head at literally EVERYONE. But apart from that I'm cool. Okay, not really, I'm stressed out. And my boss is going on a vacation next week and I'm to lead the team... which will add more stress. And I have this two week long business trip to Germany coming up next... Urgh.

6.GTKY: Do you and your SO have "a song"? 
    We have lots. One of my favorite is "Shelter" by Dash Berlin and Roxanne Emery which was THE key song of our wedding. Just listening to it right know makes me cry lol.

Profil icon by j.diegoph on Instagram.
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    I'm Rebecca. I'm 31 and I have two kids. My oldest came naturally and easily and we struggled with my second including three miscarriages between. I had a fourth miscarriage in February of this year.  I was diagnosed with secondary infertility when we tried for our son and I also was diagnosed with PCOS. 

I am 4+5 weeks. I am passed two of my milestones. I go in for an US when I'm 6+2 weeks which means I passed my last two miscarriages so I'm looking for to May 1.

I actually feel pretty good. I got my last set of betas today and I was sure I was going to get bad news but everything is really good. Mostly I am been hungry, tired and my boobs hurt quite a bit. Plus I forgot how much your nipples change when pregnant and that has definitely been going on.

I had my confirmation appointment this week then betas Monday, Wednesday and Friday. All is good.

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here):
    I have been a bit moody. My five year old is making it worse by not listening and being mean to her brother. It's been a long week and an emotional roller coaster with waiting for betas all week. I'm not sad that it's the weekend and I get some parenting backup and all good news this week!

6.GTKY: Do you and your SO have "a song"?
    Our first dance song at our wedding was "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" but these days it's actually "True Love" by Pink. 

Married: June 25, 2011 
    Our beautiful girl came into our lives October 15, 2012 
    TFAS: March 2014 
    BFP #2 July 2014 Miscarriage (6 weeks) August 2014 
    BFP #3 September 2014 Chemical Pregnancy September 2014 
    Seeing the RE: February 2015 
    Diagnosis PCOS: February 2015

BFP #4 April 2015 Chemical Pregnancy April 2015
    BFP #5 June 2015 EDD: 3/5/16
    Our rainbow baby came into our lives February 27, 2016
    BFP #6 January 2018 Miscarriage (7 weeks) February 2018
    BFP #7 April 2018 EDD: 12/23/18

• Options
    I think I posted in the wrong PGAL thread so sorry for the double post 

Hi ladies! I’ve been lurking this group since March 30th right after I got my BFP... I really haven’t fully accepted that I’m pregnant yet. I’m 35 and from Texas and this would be my second pregnancy the first one ended at about 6wks. 

7wks exact today. I’ve made it past the 6wks mark. 

The last two weeks I had super sore breast and all day nausea with some vomiting. This week I had heartburn after eating pretty much anything and then today everything just went away. This is making me very nervous because the instant disappearance of symptoms and spotting is what made me know something was wrong the with the first pregnancy. I’m trying to tell myself everything is ok because I don’t have any cramps and I’m not bleeding. I kind of want my nausea back just to ease my mind. 

I have my first appointment on Tuesday so i have to find something to keep me busy for the next couple of days. I feel this is going to be hard!

No rants just TRYING to take each day as it comes without losing my mind. I never knew MC was so common and honestly glad that this group exist. I’m hoping that I make it to December with a healthy baby as well as everyone in this group. 

6. GTKY: Do you and your SO have “a song”?
    Our first dance was to “While We’re Young” by Jhene Aiko
  • Options
    LuthyLuthy member
    @littlewhitecottage, I'm so sorry <3<3<3
    @coco2787, FWIW, I had a u/s this time at 5w5d with nothing but a gestational sac, and then at 6w4d there was a heartbeat <3 Hoping the same for you!

I am... not great. I'm 7w6d now and still bleeding pretty heavily. Sometimes I tell myself it's okay because I was already bleeding heavily at 6w4d when there was a hb, so no reason to believe it's changed, but... I don't know that I really believe that. We had a hb before losing our first baby, too, and that time we didn't even have a weird shaped gestational sac to worry about. Other things in life are really stressful right now too, and I just. Don't know how to deal. Doesn't help that my 4 yo is OBSESSED and wants to talk baby, baby, baby constantly. She understands that we might not actually get a baby out of this but has decided to be positive... which is great but she keeps bringing it up and it's just making me depressed because it seems so unlikely to turn out well. My 2 yo has no idea what's going on but is a huge snugglebug right now for some reason so that's pretty great. 

My DH and I don't really have a song, although we played the Decemberists' cover of Bridges and Balloons as our first dance so that one always gets me. But most of what we listen to together these days is kids' music, lol. My 4yo and I have a special song, Beautiful Child by Fleetwood Mac, I sing it to her every night before bed by her request <3

• Options
    @Luthy I'm so sorry you're still bleeding heavily. I'm hoping for the best for you and hoping you get a good update soon.

As for me, today would've been my due date for my MMC. I am so terrified of a MMC happening again and I had really hoped I'd have an ultrasound before today so I could feel calmer, but I've decided to focus on gratitude and I am so beyond grateful to be pregnant on this tough day. Thinking of everyone on our PGAL thread and hoping you're all hanging in there.
  • Options
    That does make me feel a little better, thank you @Luthy.  I’m sorry about the bleeding I hope everything works out did you.  Do you have a follow up ultrasound soon? 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    LuthyLuthy member
    @coco2787 I have an appointment late next week but I don't know if they're planning on doing an u/s or not! I hope so...

@maureenmce thinking of you <3

• Options
    Super late participation this week :grimace:

33, DH is 35. Dx Unexplained Infertility until last November, but got a BO & MMC instead, D&C at nine weeks.

Just passed my last yolk sac milestone, and I am assuming that all is well.

Mild symptoms; gained a cup, have occasional heartburn, and now I have bloody boogers in the AM when I blow my nose (no nosebleeds). I forgot that I had the same bloody boogs last time, but I thought it was just Chicago in the winter, turns out it's one of my pregnancy symptoms.

Tuesday next week! Just a quick vaginal ultrasound to see if anyone's in there. Hoping for the best and planning for the worst. FX.

Dear Diary, I'm late posting because DH and I needed to go to a funeral. We're happy to be back home but are leaving on Friday for a wedding. This will be the second family-filled event where I will be concealing this pregnancy. Luckily the family is used to us going out of our way to be healthy, so hopefully nobody will be offended when I toast the happy couple with a thimble, and feign dairy avoidance to not eat soft cheeses.

6.GTKY: Do you and your SO have "a song"? 
    Not really. When we were dating I super loved Florence + The Machine's cover of Addicted to Love. If we do have a song, it'll be something dancy like Daybreak by OVERWERK.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @luthy I’m sorry you’re going through bleeding. I hope it turns out to be harmless.

@maureenmce That’s a tough day to go through. Thinking of you today!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @luthy geez, so sorry. I hope things ease up for you or your get some answers soon. 
    @maureenmce What a hard day- but i'm so glad you're making it as positive as possible. 
    @echo-charlietango Well, hopefully at least the wedding is more fun that the last family event :/
  • Options
    hey all! Really thankful for this thread, feeling less crazy already! 

Hi, new to the group. I’m 29, have one son. Had a MMC sept 2017, baby measured 12 weeks, I had d&c at 14 weeks. Was feeling discouraged trying to get pregnant again but here I am! 

I’m 5+2. Long time to go to get to my 12 week milestone 

Not much, super exhausted, sore boobs. Didn’t have many symptoms with my first so trying not to read into it. It’s hard 

Thursday, 26th. Going for a vaginal ultrasound 

feeling like an awful wife...my husbands birthday is Monday and it’s been the last thing on my mind. He is so patient with me and i want to celebrate him well....but this pregnancy and fear are all consuming right now. 

6.GTKY: Do you and your SO have "a song?

our first dance was “she’s like Texas”. We also love “dancing on my own” by Robyn when we are feeling goofy and want to dance crazy. 
  • Options
    nerdeebirdnerdeebird member
    edited April 2018
    @katy0990 your situation sounds very similar to mine! I was part of the Nov BMB but ended up having an early loss at 5 weeks. I seemed to ovulate on time as if my bleeding was like a period and I got another BFP the next month and here I am! I would stay optimistic, I think it's normal to have a faint line at 9dpo. With my CP I had a lighter line than the control line the day before my missed period on a FRER and then my GP could barely get a positive a few days later, and then a few days after that I was out. This time I tested at 10 dpo and got a squinter of a line but I was obsessive about taking tests after my loss the month before and they did gradually get darker as the week went on.

*edited because my computer always treats all the text as someone's username...whhyy
  • Options
    @maureenmce Thinking of you  on this tough day. Your outlook is so positive!
  • Options
    @nerdeebird I am glad things are working out for you! That is encouraging to hear! 

I just got my 2nd betas back. My initial HCG was 20 and 42 hours later it was 44 at 11 DPO.
  • Options
    @littlewhitecottage
    I’m so sorry 

MMC in January at 10 weeks (stopped progressing around 6w)

By LMP I would be 7w but through testing this past week I’ve pretty much confirmed that I’m now just shy of 6w. 

Pretty ok. A bit of nausea and a bit of cramping. I’ve been spotting on and off, but for the time being I’m being told that things are looking fine. 

So in my post last week, I described my OB’s concern that I might have an ectopic because there was ‘no evidence of uterine pregnancy’. What a terrible way to phrase it. Anyway, my hope that it was just too early to see ended up being the case. 

HCG on Apr 12 was 735 (when nothing was visible) and then 2900 on Apr 16. We still had to rule out ectopic so I got an ultrasound on Apr 20- got to see the sac and yolk sac, in the uterus, with estimate of 5w4d. A full week behind by LMP but totally consistent with my having ovulated on CD19 or 20. 

Started my new job on Monday and am overloaded with work already. I’ll be logging in right after I finish this post. We also have a lot of things to get done at home that just never seem to happen and it’s really upsetting me. I actually started crying about it last night. The combination of too much to do at work and no progress getting our lives at home organized was just too much. First world problems. 

6.GTKY: Do you and your SO have "a song"? 
    DH and I listened to Animal - Neon Trees all the time early in our relationship. That and my copy of the Beatles #1 CD. 
  • Options
    kchiquita20kchiquita20 member
    edited April 2018
    I accidentally posted this in the old thread because I’m computer illiterate. 

I’m Kelsey. I’ve had 1 loss (1st pregnancy) and 1 full term birth. This is a sort of surprise pregnancy. I quit being careful as we were casually thinking about maybe having another and then I ended up pregnant, so... I guess we are doing this, lol. My loss was diagnosed at about 7 weeks. I don’t think they ever told me if there was a baby, blighted ovum or anything. I just remember them saying it wasn’t viable. I miscarried naturally about 2 weeks later. 

Today I am 4w5d. Haven’t had a dr. appt yet, but I don’t imagine in changing

I legit feel like I’ve been pregnant for 2 months when I’ve only known for a week! Everyday I worry...My boobs are SUPER sore and I’m already start to feel queasy if I don’t eat something every couple of hours. I’m pretty tired as well and have SO much gas. I’m hoping all of it is a sign everything is fine. I don’t remember being symptomatic with the miscarriage I had. But it was 6 years ago. 
     First Dr. appt is this coming Wednesday. I have this fear that they will have me pee on a stick and it will be negative. I will probably pee on a stick that morning just to ease my
     mind

we are in in the process of building a home, so we went met with a designer who put together some awesome interior design things for us!

Im annoyed at my husband because he refuses to acknowledge im pregnant. He says it’s because he doesn’t know if it’s going to last, so it’s a protective mechanism. But it makes it hard for me to feel optimistic and excited when he isn’t. And, in the event we do lose him/her, I don’t want to be alone in my grief.
    6. GTKY: What's your favorite trip you've ever taken? 

Probably one one of our Cabo trips. We always had a blast in Cabo and crazy things happened every time! On our honeymoon, our luggage got lost, so we decided to just get wasted to quit from being pissed. So, we did, then decided to go stand in front of the ocean. I had my sunglasses in my hand and my hubby said “don’t drop those”. I argued with him that I wouldn’t, then promptly dropped them right as a wave came in. So of course, they were swept away, but we frantically started feeling around anyway. Suddenly my husband says “found them!” But they weren’t mine, they were a different pair!!! Lol
  • Options
    @barristerninja With my son, I ovulated late and the doctor who did my first U/S was not very supportive when he didn’t see anything at what he thought was almost 7 weeks, but was actually 5 weeks 1 day. That is a crappy way for them to word it though. I hope things settle for you at home and at work. *Hugs*

@kchiquita20 I am sorry your husband is not being more supportive. I understand the protective instinct, but you need someone to share your joy with! Hopefully after your appointment he will feel like it is more real.
  • Options
    @katy0990 Great news!
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @katy0990 That's awesome news! Yay!
  • Options
    @luthy did they rule out an sch? I don’t know much about it but I know it can cause a lot of bleeding without effecting baby.
  • Options
    @Luthy Screw them. You aren't trying to be their friend. Your pregnancy is demanding their extra attention and they should be more than happy to give it to you.  I'm so happy all is still good with baby.  Maybe it's just a hidden sch?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @Luthy I am glad baby is doing well. It sounds like your questions are completely justified. You are doing the best for your baby and that is what matters!
  • Options
    @Luthy I'm so glad baby is hanging in there! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with the scary bleeding though. Hope it stops soon!