December 2018 Moms
Options

Pets reaction

Just wondering if and how your pets are reacting to your pregnancy.
I have two cats one who's always been quite cuddly(my white kitten) and one who will let you pat her but never cuddles up to you(my big tabby)
The day I found out i was pregnant my white kitten was nuzzling my stomach all day something she has never done and she never leaves my side now if I go anywhere in the house she's there and the last few days my big tabby has come right up to me in bed for cuddles both are super careful to not stand on my stomach 

Re: Pets reaction

• Options
    That's so cute!!! My dogs have been adjusting to my change of smell, for sure. My younger dog, Bodhi, has been peeing on EVERYTHING since it happened, which he was already kind of prone to, but he hasn't changed much other than that. My older girl, Sila, started acting strange before I even knew I was pregnant. At first, I thought she was sick because she was very nervous about my touch and was kind of extra aloof (she's already pretty independent). But it's been about 5 weeks since she could sense a change (im in the middle of week 7) and now she has gotten to be just the most cuddly girl! Every morning, she wants to wake me up and give me kisses and she never did that before!! Its amazing how they just know!
  • Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited April 2018
    With my first pregnancy, my dog peed on the floor right in front of me the day I got my positive pregnancy test. It was extremely weird because he has always been housebroken (we got him at 1.5ish, already trained!) This time around he has been all up in my grill and also very bad with tearing things up (DD's toys mostly) and it's out of character, so apparently he reacts to hormones by being a little jerk. ;)

Oh, and my cats never care, lol.

Edited to add, my dog DID beg to lie on my stomach today and that was super sweet and made me tear up, but apparently I already forgot about it because pregnancy brain is real!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kristah2kristah2 member
    edited April 2018
    One of my dogs doesn’t care. The other gets all crazy with my hormones. 
    Even before I was pregnant, whenever I was on my period he would get super aggressive. Not with me but sort of like a cranky old man. 
    Right before I got my BFP he was super cranky and in a horrible mood. Stayed like that for about 2 weeks after. 
    Now he’s super needy. When I was in bed sick for 2 days he didn’t leave my side. I hope cuddly doggie stays around and cranky butt stays away the rest of this pregnancy. 
  • Options
    My pup hasn’t treated me any different, but I can tell he’s more anxious around my step daughter. He even snarled at her today when she tried to play with him. I put him in time out in his crate and DH was pissed, but I know it’s more a reaction to me plus he’s 13 and just super grumpy all the time. 
  • Options
    binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited April 2018
    @donnawicks  I'm glad your cats are careful. Mine step right onto my belly with full force. They have absolutely zero clue I'm pregnant or just don't care lol
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    I think my cat is treating me a bit different? It's hard to say because she is always needy (follows me around, constantly meows when I'm up doing something, sits outside the bathroom door waiting for me, etc). One thing that has changed just this week is that she is sleeping on the bed at night again. She used to do this every night, but stopped about a year ago (more independant now?). She started it up again this week. It could be totally random though, since she used to sleep on the bed. 
  • Options
    @donnawicks @tumbleweed-1 @binxybaby @maureenmce You guys are so lucky! My in laws do NOT like cats at all and dont even let them come on our property. Theyre not fans of animals :(  When we have our own place im going to own ALL the cats, it'll be great!

I started taking my dog for walks because nows hes confined to a kennel and he gets really lonely. Usually he runs all over the road like crazy and I have to chase after him but on our last walk he stayed exactly one foot next to me the whole time and kept looking up at me for head scratches and hugs.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    My dogs haven't seemed to act any different, but a couple of my cats seem to be wanting to lay on my lap more often than usual. I'm not sure if it's because they can tell, or if they just can't find a better place to lay down.
  • Options
    ccccaaattccccaaatt member
    edited April 2018
    I don’t know if I should say TW or not...but my dog died suddenly just about at the very beginning of this pregnancy (before I knew anything). She and I were very close and she wasn’t the best sharer of my attention or anything else :smile: So I like to think she knew and was sparing us both the pain of having the little one divert any attention from her. 

Im so jealous of all you pet owners—please give you fur babies a big hug from me!
  • Options
    @ccccaaatt I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's very hard to lose a pet, but I couldn't imagine it happening while pregnant with all the crazy hormones. I will definitely give my fur babies a big hug tonight.
  • Options
    Oh, @ccccaaatt I'm so sorry about your dog. I hope you are doing ok. 
  • Options
    @ccccaaatt Oh I'm so sorry, that must be so tough to deal with right now, especially with pregnancy hormones/emotions.
  • Options
    @ccccaaatt I am so sorry.  I can't imagine dealing with that while also dealing with these crazy hormones!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ccccaaatt I'm so so sorry for your loss.  
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words! It has been difficult, but it’s really nice to have something exciting to focus on to distract me.
  • Options
    @ccccaaatt I'm so sorry for the loss of your dog.  Pets are such special beings and, despite what some people think, they ARE part of the family.

This time around, I have not noticed my pets acting any differently.  With DD, my older dog was pretty clingy and never left my side.  My toddler, on the other hand, has been extremely moody.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    My male turns into a jerk to me when I am pregnant. I swear he deliberately steps on my stomach and he gets moody with me. He did it with my last pregnancy too. My female is kind of a dumb-dumb (a very very loved little dumb dumb) soooo... she is still her sweet, clueless little self lol.

she is exceptional little Momma when she’s around babies though! She loves them and will bring them her blankets and toys, so you have to watch her. One time I was doing dishes while my 3 month old was having tummy time on the floor. I went to check on him, and there he was sucking on a dog bone with my female dog laying there watching, totally proud of herself. He wasn’t mobile at the time and there was definitely no dog toys anywhere near him when I set him up!
  • Options
    kristah2 said:
    One of my dogs doesn’t care. The other gets all crazy with my hormones. 
    Even before I was pregnant, whenever I was on my period he would get super aggressive. Not with me but sort of like a cranky old man. 
    Right before I got my BFP he was super cranky and in a horrible mood. Stayed like that for about 2 weeks after. 
    Now he’s super needy. When I was in bed sick for 2 days he didn’t leave my side. I hope cuddly doggie stays around and cranky butt stays away the rest of this pregnancy. 
    Crazy! I just posted about my male being a butthead when I am pregnant too!
  • Options
    LOL at your little dumb dumb @kchiquita20 I have one of those, too  :D
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    she is exceptional little Momma when she’s around babies though! She loves them and will bring them her blankets and toys, so you have to watch her. One time I was doing dishes while my 3 month old was having tummy time on the floor. I went to check on him, and there he was sucking on a dog bone with my female dog laying there watching, totally proud of herself. He wasn’t mobile at the time and there was definitely no dog toys anywhere near him when I set him up!
    Bwhahaha that cracked me up! And that she was so proud makes it extra amazing.

Once our DD was born our poor dog thought, at first, that he had to be awake ALL of the time. I have never seen him so exhausted. He finally relaxed around three months, but it was crazy. And he is such a good little "mom" too, in the sense that if our DD cries for any reason (she's 2 now, she'll cry for crazy reasons) he will immediately run to her and if we're lagging behind he looks at us like we're monsters, haha.
  • Options
    k_m10k_m10 member
    I haven’t noticed a difference in our cats yet, but I did hear DH telling one of them last night that he’s going to be a big brother.  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LuthyLuthy member
    I don't think my dog knew anything with any of my pregnancies until the baby showed up and he was like... what the hell is that hahaha

• Options
    My older dog (the protector) was stuck to me like glue shortly after implantation. The early test was a BFN, but I think he knew that something changed. He's always extra sweet to me, so that's the same, but his snuggling has increased. Sometimes we call him Nanny Atlas because if the neighbor kids are running too fast in their yard Atlas has to bark at them to set them straight. We think he's ready to be the best babysitter ever.

Our other dog (the baby) has been a dubbed my Blonde Shadow because he is almost always within reach. This hasn't changed, and I think he's happy that we're getting him a human.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary