October 2018 Moms

Symptoms week of April 16

2»

Re: Symptoms week of April 16

• 14+6 weeks and I had my first puke! Was walking my dog this morning and clearing my throat, because pregnancy mucus, and it just came out of nowhere! Got all over my dog and my jacket  :s 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Mylitta said:

How are you feeling? Ok. Nausea is getting better/less. Have a yeast infection, so that's fun.
    Stuffy. @SweetSweetTooth you mentioned you were stuffy too... there's something called pregnancy rhinitis. I had it last time and its been kicking in again the past few weeks. Essentially excess mucus and swelling, in this instance in your nose, due to pregnancy. Mine lasted the whole time, sorry, but goes away after birth. 

This must be what I have. I already produce a ton of mucus normally and have year round allergies (I'm also allergic to my cat and dog...*facepalm*). However, since I got sick about a month ago, I've been congested non-stop. With lots of stuffy, dry nose symptoms and bloody mucus. It sucks.
  • Loading the player...
  • 14 weeks, 3 days. Still having some nausea, incredibly sore breasts (really takes my breath away how much it hurts sometimes), odd pressure feeling in belly, and the worst symptom....pregnancy rhinitis - insane post-nasal drip, congestion, and terrible coughing fits. If the congestion would go away, I think I would feel halfway human though. 
  • No headache today! And my sex drive is suddenly kicking in I think! Has anyone found it slightly uncomfortable inside while having sex? I’m 13w 4d and it’s never felt like that until last night. It was a weird feeling. He didn’t notice anything different though. Hoping it’s not like that every time now.
  • How many weeks are you? 14 weeks 3 days

How are you feeling? Pretty good today. I haven't thrown up in a few days, but I'm not letting myself get too excited yet. Plus I'm almost out of Diclegis so things might get crazy when I stop taking that. I'm down to only taking two at night, but I am going to try just taking one tonight and see how it goes. I think in the next few weeks I will start feeling pretty normal though so that's definitely something to look forward to!

Any new and exciting second trimester symptoms? Random bouts of dizziness and a pretty legit baby bump. That's about it. 
  • 13 1/2 weeks

I've started having a hard time sleeping again...last night it was extreme hip pain. I tried extra pillows between my knees and against my back, but nothing seemed to fix it. I feel ridiculous complaining about pain when I'm barely showing and I know it's only going to get worse as I get bigger.

So I was starting to feel less tired, but the last two days have been back to the same exhaustion crap.
  • melbo444 said:
    13 1/2 weeks

I've started having a hard time sleeping again...last night it was extreme hip pain. I tried extra pillows between my knees and against my back, but nothing seemed to fix it. I feel ridiculous complaining about pain when I'm barely showing and I know it's only going to get worse as I get bigger.

So I was starting to feel less tired, but the last two days have been back to the same exhaustion crap.
    @melbo444 I was getting really restless and uncomfy at night.... same, hip and low back pain.  Get a snoogle!  You WILL NOT be disappointed.  It helped with the hip issue right away.  I am in love with mine. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    Today I'm having a bunch of random abdominal pain like this kid is making from serious room and things are shifting 
  • Plus I'm almost out of Diclegis so things might get crazy when I stop taking that. I'm down to only taking two at night, but I am going to try just taking one tonight and see how it goes.  
    @acciocoffee Holy hell, you are DOWN to taking 2 at night? Damn girl, those things knocked me out! (Also you must have had some killer MS, I'm so sorry!) I tried two for a couple days and was a hot mess, huddled on my kitchen floor, groaning and moaning about how miserable I was because I couldn't stay awake (This lasted until about 1 pm). I found 1.5 to be my Goldilocks dose, and I've been slowly weaning down the past 2 weeks. At 1/2 a pill now! But worried about how I will sleep without any Diclegis because the insomnia and midnight nausea is a struggle.

@melbo444 I've had the hip pain for the past 2 weeks. I use a "back and body" U-shaped pillow, and it helps a little? But I'm still limping all day long.
  • My hip pain is horrible. I literally sleep on top of my u-shaped pillow.
  • Not necessary my symptoms but related none the less! 
    I love it when I mention that I'm feeling sore or my back hurts or any pregnancy symptom i could possibly have while at work. almost every man I work with tell me the same thing "oh just you wait" wait for what?? And why do you tell me like you know from experience?! Unless you've given birth and have gone through the symptoms don't give me the "oh just wait" shit. And even if you have, why say that anyways, I'm going through this pain now and don't need it belittled by your mention of futute pain to come.. 
  • dash83dash83 member
    edited April 2018
    Totally agree about the Snoogle! My hips were killing me last week, DH ordered one for me off Amazon after a particularly sleepless night. It made such a difference, the best sleep I’ve had in months! @linssears4 @melbo444
  • 13 weeks today!

Finally feeling good enough to do things, besides holding down the couch. Can actually cook and do dishes on occasion. 
    Currently growing MT. Everest on my chin  :s it's really sore and throbs. Stupid acne! 
    Also just feeling really grouchy. DH is probably feeling really neglected, cuz I don't want to even cuddle right now. I feel like telling him 'I love you, just don't touch me right now.'
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • 15w 2d

whats everyone’s RLP feeling like. I feel super crappy. I’m not bleeding or anything but yikes. I almost want to take a Tylenol cause I’m so uncomfortable. I feel like it’s in my hips amanda wrapping around to my back a little ??? Trying not to worry. 
  • 14w+2d

Feeling a bit more energetic, getting through the workday isn't as rough, which is nice. Feeling extreeeemely bloated though, especially afternoons/evenings. Not sure I would describe my tummy as a bump, but just more bloated and puffed.

I've been very lucky and haven't had any terrible symptoms in general, so just hope that keeps up and that hopefully I'll get a craving for some veggies soon. 
  • No headache today! And my sex drive is suddenly kicking in I think! Has anyone found it slightly uncomfortable inside while having sex? I’m 13w 4d and it’s never felt like that until last night. It was a weird feeling. He didn’t notice anything different though. Hoping it’s not like that every time now.
    Me. It’s like my cervix has shifted and it’s really painful. I’m nervous to try again but might try a different approach next time?
  • @HoosOnFirst yeah that’s exactly what it felt like. It didn’t feel like that the last time we did it but possibly because I wasn’t on top that time like I was before.
  • @jemmerjams @dash83 just ordered a snoogle with a Bed Bath & Beyond coupon! Hope it helps. After my husband got up this morning, I built pillow walls all around me and went back to sleep...felt mucchhhh better waking up the second time, so I guess my body just needs the extra support.
  • DH doesn't understand how my u-shaped pillow helps me so much, but it's heaven.
  • I had my first Charlie Horse this morning (16+4). It wasn’t as bad as it good be, but my calf has been sore in that spot all day. Time to up my water intake.
  • @cdepperschmidt OH NO, I forgot about those!! I'd get them every morning when I'd stretch before getting out of bed. It's funny how much you forget even though it wasn't that long ago.
  • @SawyerRichardson Yes! I spend a lot time wondering whether I forgot how bad the symptoms were or if they’re just worse this time.
  • @jweber4747 I feel your pain!! I hate when I feel like I finally have to go and it's just gas... What a lie!! 
  • I am prone to anxiety and depression and has a total meltdown on Friday. Part nesting, party anxiety over our life bring a mess (in my mind). I started sobbing because I couldn’t find time to do dishes and find pants that fit.

Dh told me that this happened at this exact point last pregnancy, about 14/15 weeks in. I didn’t recall this at all but if he remembers it must be accurate! I know the “mental health” thread has been quiet but hope everyone is doing well on that front.
    I had an anxiety-induced meltdown the other day, too. Either Thursday or Friday. You are definitely not alone!
  • @HoosOnFirst I’m also prone to anxiety, especially health related. I’ve definitely been on the verge of meltdown a few times this past week.
  • I had a bad meltdown a month or so ago. I was so upset I couldn't keep up around the house 
  • Is anyone else dealing with dry/peeling patches of skin? I've tried everything and the skin between my eyebrows will not stop peeling. I had to buy a new face wash yesterday for my acne so I got one with scrubbers in it. Hopefully that helps. I was trying to use "safe" face wash before, but my acne is getting horrible so I need to do something about it. 
  • @acciocoffee my body has super dry skin which is not normal for where I live, so I'm guessing this is pregnancy related. However, my face is super oily and I'm breaking out a lot more, so definitely not having a dryness issue there. :/
  • @acciocoffee My acne has been miserable and doesn't appear to be getting better. However, I have noticed that I can scrub off a good bit of the dry skin peeling from my acne and around my nose and between my eyebrows with this: Daily Concepts Your Facial Micro Scrubber.

If you find anything that helps with the acne...please let me know. I'm considering a trip to the dermatologist.
  • @acciocoffee I have an issue between my eyebrows as well right now. Not dry skin but pimples at the start of each eyebrow. It’s super attractive. 
  • @acciocoffee my eyebrows are peeling. It’s like eyebrow dandruff...it’s pretty embarrassing. Exfoliating pads helps but I can’t dp it everyday without leaving my face red and raw.