August 2018 Moms
Options

Food Tracking

Has anyone found a food tracking app for pregnancy? I love using my fitness pal, but it doesn't have the option to change your calorie intake while pregnant. Now that summer is coming and busy season (photographer) I really need to make sure I am healthy and able to continue to work as long as possible. First pregnancy here! Starting to worry just a little about the heat..

Re: Food Tracking

• Options
    jmac52116 said:
    Has anyone found a food tracking app for pregnancy? I love using my fitness pal, but it doesn't have the option to change your calorie intake while pregnant. Now that summer is coming and busy season (photographer) I really need to make sure I am healthy and able to continue to work as long as possible. First pregnancy here! Starting to worry just a little about the heat..
    1. QFP, as this is an odd post. 

2. Why would you need to track your food? Do you have some type of insulin/blood sugar issue? If not, has your OB/Midwife brought it up? If no to all of the above, then don't worry about it. You can eat nothing but salads with no dressing and pack on the pounds, or you can whatever you want in whatever amounts you want and lose weight. Your body will do what it needs to do to support baby. 

As long as you are making sure to get all your vitamins, either from food or a vitamin, and drinking enough water; you should be fine. 

Pregnancy is hard enough without borrowing extra trouble. So unless some medical professional, who is familiar with your pregnancy, brings it up don't stress. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    jmac52116 said:
    You can manually change your calories to whatever they need to be in My Fitness Pal. You can just calculate your base calories and add 200-300 or whatever your doctor says. I use MFP mostly to track my protein intake. But your weight gain (if that's what you're trying to manage?) is only one measurement of your health in pregnancy. There is a lot out of your control. You can't really "make sure" of anything, unfortunately.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I think there is probably a reason there isn't a big market for pregnancy food trackers, haha. But I don't understand the issue with MFP, it allows you to set whatever goals you want for calories/etc. All the literature I have read said we should be eating ~500 cals more per day in second and third tri, so you can just manually add on 500 (or like @princesslockness said, whatever your doctor says if it is different than that).
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    Yes, just set MFP to 1 pound a week weight gain, which is 500 extra calories per day.
  • Options
    You can certainly change the caloric tracker for mfp.  How else would anyone be able to set their caloric goal? Lol
  • Options
    The lady who works at the McDonald's drive thru tracks mine...
  • Options
    Talk with your OB about calorie intake and manually set a goal in MFP. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options

The lady who works at the McDonald's drive thru tracks mine...

:lol:
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I love my fitnesspal and had such plans to track my food while I was pregnant. Not to lose weight, of course, but to meet my nutrition goals. Aaaaannnnnd no. It's never too late to start and I've been thinking about this a lot, actually, after seeing myself in some unflattering pictures  :'( So this is all to say, I'd love to find a good app, too!
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    @princesslockness I just want to make sure I’m eating enough / getting my vitamins through my food as much as possible. I will let my body gain whatever it needs to gain but I just want to make sure I’m doing it in a healthy way. I loved my fitness pal before I was pregnant so I was just looking for another app to use while pregnant. I do not think this is an odd post. Everyone handles pregnancy differently. 
  • Options
    @mapleandbacon I just found it haha I apparently didn’t look hard enough earlier.