Pregnant after IF

Anyone up for a little TMI thread?

I'll start because I have no shame.

WHAT is with the absurd amount of clear and white discharge during the end of the first and now the second trimester? I swear I thought I peed my pants this morning. UGH.  :/:/:/:/:/

Re: Anyone up for a little TMI thread?

• @sarcasticowl right?! It's the worst!

I will be so glad when I'm off progesterone. I'm so tired of the stupid white, gross discharge. Panty liners really don't help. Sigh.
  • @sarcasticowl it’s insane! Panty liners have become my best friend and now in my third trimester I can say it doesn’t get any better!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I seriously freak out and run to the bathroom bc I constantly think that I’m bleeding. Then I realize it’s just discharge. I never thought I’d be so happy to see discharge  :D 
  • @smillsy I have never been that concerned about bleeding until this morning when it whooshed out of me so fast I limped to the bathroom and held my breath. NOT cool. My blood pressure must have been through the roof.  :s
  • @mtpbadger SO glad to know it's not going anywhere anytime soon. Thanks for the heads up! Between this and the nast that leaks out of us for at least a month postpartum, what the actual f*ck? People need to talk more about this ahead of time so we can stock up on liners LOL.
  • I hate liners, and especially with all the stuff that's coming out right now, I feel like liners make it feel and smell worse. My solution is changing panties twice a day (or sometimes more), so things there can air out easier. I had to buy more underwear, since I was always out way before next laundry day  :#
    Of course, at over 32 weeks now I got to the point of "I sneeze, I pee a little"  :s so liners might become unavoidable now...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • Yeah it doesn’t get better unfortunately (32 weeks) and I hate liners too so I just change my undies a lot. I had to buy more too lol. Thankfully no pee again after peeing my pants while throwing up a couple weeks ago. So fun! ;) 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • Ladies....it only gets worse. Last night it was so bad, I had myself convinced I had lost my mucus plug. 
  • I remember SO MUCH discharge while on IVF stims. Like it was flowing out of me. So far for most of my pregnancy, I've been kind of dry? Is that weird or what. However, I'm now seeing trickles of discharge. I wonder if it's my mucus plug or something. I just have no idea.
    My TTC journey:
    Me and DH: 30-35
    Unexplained infertility
    TTC #1 since 2015
    11/2015 - BFP!     12/2015 - MC  :'(
    IVF #1 July 2017 freeze all (20 eggs, 15 mature, 10 fert, 6 blasts, 4 PGS normal)
    FET #1 TBD  Surprise BFP 9/2017 while waiting for FET... hoping for the best!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Theory is your vag keeping itself at a specific pH to avoid infection, which is great and all, but way too much gunk. Dry would worry me too, I suppose, @helloworld9!
  • YES to all of this. Man alive, it's like some strange swamp creature has taken over my vag since pregnancy. I am changing underwear 2-3x per day because I can't stand the feeling of being anything but dry. Liners are a must. And I don't know if it's just my nose being extra sensitive or the hormones, but things smell different too. DH says he doesn't notice, but Lord knows he probably wouldn't tell me I smell unless he wants a slap across the face :D I'm showering sometimes twice daily! 
  • Even more fun when, around your due date, you finally have to call your OB because you literally can’t tell if you’re peeing or your water is leaking, but only when you cough or sneeze. Such an embarrassing phone call and visit. (Luckily it was my water leaking but I’ve had friends turned away - “wellll you’re peeing yourself...”) :)
  • @TravelingCouple YES to the weird smell too! SO weird, right?! 
  • I havent been using them yet, bc add me to team #ihateliners over here too, but I will say the ones with a more cotton layer are the only ones I can stand, and they do breathe a bit, so they're honestly not that bad,  imho.  Kotex has a long one that I actually did stock up on, it just hasn't been bad enough for me to break down and start burning through them. Lol. Nothing was worse than the short ones hitting at just the wrong spot between sitting and standing all day!
  • Ditto on the discharge. It is more watery than my normal so if I don’t wear my liner it forms an annoying wet spot right at the front of my underwear within a couple hours. I hate it so much.

Also nice to know I’m not the only one peeing myself. @Holls214 the last 2 times I vomited I also kept peeing myself a litte with every heave and gag. I was so embarrassed I didn’t even tell DH and I don’t think he noticed. Just said I needed to go shower after vomiting.

@TravelingCouple luckily I read an article about the change in odor before I actually experienced it or I would have been worried. Apparently it’s to be expected. 
  • I still haven't decided if I should tell my DH about "sneezing and peeing" incidents  :# But every time he tries to be flirty by pinching me in the butt, I tell him that if he does, I'll pee on him  :D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • @Polythene Pam +1 to not knowing if I was peeing myself or if my water was leaking...  Turns out it was my water but it was not at all obvious... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17