November 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions w/o 4/15

Re: Weekly Questions w/o 4/15

• Options
    Anyone else already tested for Group B Strep? I was surprised to hear from my ob that I am positive after my very first visit. I was positive in the past with my girl but negative with both of my boys but they didn't test me until 36 wks pregnant. I asked her if they would retest at 36 wks and she said yes but to make sure to ask for it? It just seemed so strange to me.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I am 10 weeks today, and starting yesterday alot if my symptoms seemed to subsided. Which makes me so super nervous.  **TW** I've had 2 mc both around week 6. End **TW** I am so worried that something is wrong but since I already had a US with my RE 2 weeks ago and heard the heartbeat OB won't check for the heartbeat until 12 weeks.
    Has anyone else experienced this loss of symptoms.  I am desperately trying to easemy mind. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vrj0522 that's really weird. No one I knew in my last BMB or at my in person group had the Strep b test before 35 weeks. I'd definitely mark my calendar and ask for it again just in case. But, yeah, it's strange to me as well.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Options
    @vrj0522 - weird, I've never heard of being tested this early. Seems like a complete waste? You get tested so you know whether or not you need to start penicillin when your water breaks... I wonder what the rationale is for testing so early. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @alweldon86 I’m currently 7 weeks, but my last pregnancy i had only very mild symptoms that came and went between weeks 6-10. I remember by the 10th week i was feeling great (physically), but also was freaking out because of the loss of symptoms. 
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 - I might just have to ask. It was interesting because she basically started to say that I would just have to be treated for it at birth and I was like, "wait, don't I get tested at 36 weeks too?" And that's when she said they'd do it but to make sure to ask. To me it felt a little premature given that things could change. But hey, at least now I know and can do something proactive to try to change it.
    Married 8/27/2011

• Options
    I have a question about SCHs. I know we've had several threads on them, but I never fully paid attention to all the details about exactly what they are since I never had one with DD. At my ultrasound appointment on Monday, the tech asked if I had had any bleeding because I had a small SCH. I hadn't had any bleeding at that point (aside from a tiny bit of red spotting around the time of my BFP). Anyways, this morning I woke up to some brown spotting. (TMI maybe) It was definitely old blood because it was brown and dry looking. I really am not concerned at this point, I'm just curious, does that sound like it's probably from the SCH? I know you guys aren't doctors, I'm just curious to hear from anyone who had/has an SCH. If it gets heavier or red I'll definitely call the doctor, but I don't think I need to for brown spotting. Thanks! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!! 

• Options
    @offtoneverland I don't have an SCH, but my bestie from another board who is pg with me does. She said that her OB told her that she should expect brown spotting since hers is very small. I would think you are ok with that. They keep an eye on it for sure, and of course, always call if you have concerns
  • Options
    @offtoneverland they found a small SCH at my first ultrasound and I’ve also had brown bleeding. The doctor wasn’t concerned and told me it’s from the SCH. I also had a morning with bright red bleeding and clotting, which happened just once then stopped. My doctor thought that was the SCH expelling itself, which can happen or the blood can be reabsorbed into your body. Definitely call if it’s red or you are concerned but hopefully this puts your mind at ease a little. 
  • Options
    @vrj0522 that does seem so weird that they tested you this early. I've never heard of it being done now. Can you take antibiotics now for it to have it clear up or is something you just wait and see if it gets better by 36 weeks?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    cm716cm716 member
    Has anyone gotten to 8 weeks without puking? I'm 8 weeks tomorrow. I have some mild nausea that comes and goes but haven't actually puked yet.

Also, it looks like a lot of us are asymptomatic/mildly symtomatic. I'm glad I'm not the only. This is my 4th pregnancy and I feel like I was always sick by week 8 but so far no ms. I'm trying to be grateful not nervous.
  • Options
    @wannaflickone - I hadn't thought to ask that question but now I'm going to!

Having been negative for it my first pregnancy and positive my 2nd one, I made sure to eat lots of yogurt and take a daily probiotic my last pregnancy and I ended up testing negative then so I'm just going to do the same thing and hopefully the natural remedies are truly what made the difference last time. 
    Married 8/27/2011

• Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    edited April 2018
    @offtoneverland - I had a SCH last pregnancy and never saw blood. This time one was found during my 2nd u/s. I had spotting from brown blood to reddish pink for 2.5 weeks and it just stopped about 3 days ago. Yours sounds like blood from the SCH. As long as you are not seeing red drops I wouldn't give it a second thought. In fact even red blood could be from the SCH and not necessarily have anything to do with the baby but obviously I'd be calling the dr at that point to make sure.
    Married 8/27/2011

• Options
    @cm716 I’m almost 11 weeks and haven’t puked once. I am nauseous pretty frequently, although it’s getting better now. I have no idea if this has anything to do with it - but I rarely throw up when I’m sick. Like it’s been 10 years. My mom also said she never threw up when she was pregnant. So don’t worry! :) 
  • Options
    @cm716 I’ve only had a smidge of nausea so far,and my last pregnancy I also only had very mild nausea that came and went. Although I consider myself lucky that I feel completely normal most of the time, it worries me a lot. 
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy I was thinking the same. I didn’t see anything wrong with it, we are all just hoping for dinosaurs :grin:
  • Options
    @cm716 - No vomiting for me with either of my pregnancies.  TONS of nonstop nausea but no actual puking.  So you're normal.

@middleschoolmommy - I agree.  The OP was gently roasted, the thread was humorous, and it was already dying out on its own.  I understand the admins need to do their jobs, but yeah.. seemed unnecessary.
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • Options
    @vrj0522 what probiotic do you use? I’m thinking of starting one. My digestion is still bleh despite hydration, fiber, and yogurt. 

• Options
    @lifesabeach85 - I use the Digestive Advantage gummies. They just have a big container at Costco so that's where I stock up.
    Married 8/27/2011

• Options
    @cm716 I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and haven't puked. I've contemplated whether trying to throw up would make me feel better on numerous occasions, but I've never made it happen. I've just been so nauseous, but I hate throwing up more.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @offtoneverland Yes, that's probably the SCH. With DD1, I had an SCH and I spotted my entire TWW (before I even knew I was pregnant, of course... so weird) and then again around 13 weeks. The blood around 13 weeks was brown. The US tech said it was the SCH bleeding out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 @vrj0522 @wildrainbow @firsttimespartanmom Thank you all so much for the reassurance! It means a lot to me. I knew I shouldn't be worried, but it's hard not to be when you see blood, even if it's brown. It continued very lightly throughout the day, and I had a very small amount of red spotting just one time. If I see any more red I'll definitely call the doctor, but for now I'm feeling okay. Although I really wish I owned a doppler so I could check in on the little bean!  :D 
    @middleschoolmommy I thought the other thread about the judgmental mom with "no time" was a lot more unwelcoming. I'm so surprised admin closed the dinosaur thread instead!
    @cm716 I'm 12 weeks and I haven't puked either, and I've barely even been nauseous. Count yourself lucky if you don't get sick, although I realize it's "nice" to have that reassurance too. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @cm716 no puking but lots of nausea and dry heaving. Never puked with my other kids either 
  • Options
    @firsttimespartanmom Nausea all day but no puking, same with my DS. I puked once because I took tylenol for a headache on an almost empty stomach. 

• Options
    cm716cm716 member
    Thanks ladies! I had my 8 week checkup and the baby had a heartbeat and looked great. I puked my brains out with my other three kids so this is new to me! I'll take it though as long as baby is healthy. <3
  • Options
    My dr didn’t do the NT scan routinely at her previous practice, but her new practice does. My insurance doesn’t cover it, though, so we would have to pay completely out of pocket and are thinking about skipping it. I didn’t feel guilty at all not getting it done the first 2 times, but calling to cancel this time is making me feel guilty. I am waiting to hear back on what they bill the blood work as so I can see if my insurance covers that or how much it would cost, but if that is a lot, also, we will probably skip it. Is anyone else who was offered it skipping the NT scan? I’m feeling super guilty right now! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I found the thread quite funny. I thought everyone was rather nice about it.
    You made me go actually read it and you're right that was really funny.  Very good tone to it actualyl. And original poster seemed to be a great sport.  
    cm716 said:
    Has anyone gotten to 8 weeks without puking? I'm 8 weeks tomorrow. I have some mild nausea that comes and goes but haven't actually puked yet.

I have an IRON stomach and I almost never throw up. I started gagging constantly and actually throwing up only within the last week (I am 12 weeks saturday).  I vaguely remember throwing up late last pregnancy too. But I feel worse this time.  I'm thinking having a 1 yr old and being exhausted constantly might be why.

I vaguely remember having an early group b strep test last time. Not sure how early but definitely not 3rd trimester. They gave me a few days of antibiotics only and then just said they would give me penicilin during labor.  I didn't realize that was unusual.....
  • Options
    My dr didn’t do the NT scan routinely at her previous practice, but her new practice does. My insurance doesn’t cover it, though, so we would have to pay completely out of pocket and are thinking about skipping it. I didn’t feel guilty at all not getting it done the first 2 times, but calling to cancel this time is making me feel guilty. I am waiting to hear back on what they bill the blood work as so I can see if my insurance covers that or how much it would cost, but if that is a lot, also, we will probably skip it. Is anyone else who was offered it skipping the NT scan? I’m feeling super guilty right now! 
    I think I'm also going to end up skipping this due to insurance, but will do the blood test instead. I really wanted to do both, but I don't want to pay $$$$$. I want to see little one again, so I might just schedule an elective ultrasound, it will be cheaper.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had my first appt yesterday at 8w4d. Everything on the sonogram looked good, heart rate 169, measuring on track, etc. But today the nurse called me to let me know that my progesterone level was a little low so I'll have to take supplements for a few weeks. Now I'm worried that there is actually something wrong with the baby and that the low progesterone level is a sign of impending miscarriage. Has anyone else taken progesterone supplements? Did everything turn out okay? What are the side effects? TIA!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @meiosis Are they doing suppositories or oral progesterone? I am on vaginal progesterone twice per day. Side effects are exacerbated symptoms for about 1-3 hours after taking it. I.E. boobs are a bit more tender, exhaustion, etc. Be aware that if you do vaginal, it can cause spotting due to cervical irritation. Wear a panty liner if you vaginal.

I wouldn't be super concerned about baby just yet as everything looked awesome and you have a good hb. Progesterone is probably more a precaution than a complete necessity. Deep breaths, your Dr. is being proactive and that is a good thing. 
  • Options
    @meiosis - I know it's easier said than done, but I would try to be optimistic since baby looks great! I was told by my old RE & my OB the placenta takes over progesterone production around 10 weeks, so that is when most patients stop supplements. I believe oral progesterone has worse side effects than vaginal progesterone. If it's vaginal then make sure you wear a pantyliner. I'm not sure I've noticed many symptoms with the suppository, but I take mine at night so that could be why. Hoping your levels come back up and baby continues to look good!
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @runningyogimama We skipped all the elective testing too. I don't think there's any reason you should feel guilty about skipping it! I'm sorry it's making you feel that way though; I know it's hard to get rid of that "mom guilt" when it creeps in. Hopefully you hear back from your insurance about whether it will be covered. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @meiosis - I was put on progesterone my last pregnancy and this one too. Had a perfectly healthy baby boy last time and so far things are fine with this pregnancy. I have had quite a bit of spotting for awhile and the doctor said it's from a sch, however, I ran out of progesterone and didn't take it (vaginal suppository) for a week and the blood completely stopped during that week and has come back since I started back on it so now I am convinced the spotting is actually from the progesterone. Just sharing in case the same happens to you. Other than that, I haven't noticed any other side effects.
    Married 8/27/2011

• Options
    Thank you @wildrainbow, @mockingjay1, and @vrj0522 for your responses! I feel better knowing others are in the same boat. Also very good to know that it might cause spotting because I'm sure I would have freaked out if that happened. I'm taking the vaginal suppositories 100mg once a day before bed. First dose was last night, and I feel terrible today, but who knows if it's from the progesterone or just a bad pregnancy symptom day.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My midwife suggested I do the 10 week NIPT blood test. I’ve talked to my insurance three separate times and was told once it isn’t covered and twice that it is. Now I’m waiting to hear back from the testing company who was going to run a preauthorization for me and it doesn’t look like they’re going to say it’s covered by the questions they’ve been asking. I’m super confused about what to do. I did see that it is cheaper to just pay out of pocket for it from the get go. Has anyone else had any of this confusion with insurance? 
  • Options
    MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited April 2018
    @meiosis The progesterone suppositories (especially the chalky pill-shaped ones with the applicators, like Endometrin) will definitely cause irritation and spotting from time to time, especially if you're not extremely gentle inserting them.

I've been on Endometrin 3x a day for the first 10 weeks of both this pregnancy and the last (precautionary since I'm a fertility patient) and had spotting both times.  In fact, it's happened three times this pregnancy, one of which was enough bleeding to convince me I was miscarrying, but it only lasted 15 minutes and everything ended up being fine! 

If you use the ones with the applicators and see some pink on the end after inserting, it's most likely irritation from your last dose.

Your cervix is very delicate and easily irritated, so shoving something rough up in there against it can cause bleeding very easily.

And yes, they do amplify or mimic pregnancy symptoms (sore boobs, bloating, etc.) and yes, there is a ton of discharge from them, so definitely wear a pantyliner at all times and don't freak if you feel a "gush" while using them.

If the discharge gets too bad, you can gently clean out the excess leftover gunk in the shower with a clean finger.  Just be very careful with your nails and make sure it's had time to properly absorb (which shouldn't take too long; my RE never said how long, but I generally operate under the assumption that a couple of hours is good).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(