September 2018 Moms

Questions w/o 4/15

2»

Re: Questions w/o 4/15

• I stupidly thought that because I'm a STM nothing pregnancy-related would freak me out too much, but alas, here I am. Wondering if anyone else is/has experienced this - I keep getting these sort of cramps/muscle spasms/tightening sensations in my abdomen. They haven't happened low - kind of on an equal level with my belly button, and have only happened when I'm making a movement to sit or stand up, or sometimes when I take a deep breath in. They *sort of* remind me of braxton hicks except they seem stronger than mine were and they are over very quickly, like less than a second. My doctor didn't seem concerned about it but it still worries me.
    Engaged 12/2013
    Married 5/2015
    BFP 11/27/2015 - EDD 8/4/2016
    <3 Baby Boy born 8/13/2016 ~ 8lbs 7oz  <3
    BFP 1/6/2018 - EDD 9/19/2018

• @yogapants247 I've had that happen a few times and it seems to coincide with my uterus expanding. OR, having a very full bladder. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @knitknitread - My bladder seems to be full 95% of the time, so maybe that has something to do with it....
    Engaged 12/2013
    Married 5/2015
    BFP 11/27/2015 - EDD 8/4/2016
    <3 Baby Boy born 8/13/2016 ~ 8lbs 7oz  <3
    BFP 1/6/2018 - EDD 9/19/2018

• @yogapants247 - It does sound like they could be early Braxton Hicks. I believe a full bladder can be a trigger for them so maybe that's what is happening. Since your dr wasn't concerned try not to worry about them. Each pregnancy is different so BHs this time will not necessarily be the same as BHs you experienced the first time.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • All I can think about is this. The Meryl Streep movie and story are heartbreaking, but I saw the Seinfeld episode waaaay before I understood that reference. 

• I have no words for the baby in the roasting pot... gonna show MH tonight, he would get a kick out of this! The turkey hat though... hilarious! 
    Me: 34 DH:33
    TTC since Oct 2016
    DX: Undetermined possible PCOS+MFI 
    July 2017-Dec 2017 Letrozole+TI
    Dec 2017 CP
    Jan 2018 BFP:EDD 9-25

• I had all sorts of wired crampy pains all over from sitting in a chair in the cold for two hours. Standing up was interesting, lol I had to focus on relaxing even though I was cold!
  • @MandyMost those pictures are disturbing! Ugh!!! Me no likey!!! Do not eat the baby!

@nackie buddy likes to chew/lick/fake bite me and say, "yummy mama!" All while giggling hysterically.

@knitknitread that gif just made my day!!! <3
  • All I can think about is this. The Meryl Streep movie and story are heartbreaking, but I saw the Seinfeld episode waaaay before I understood that reference. 

This kills me. The whole thing is beyond heartbreaking and I can't even fathom. I don't like thinking about it. But damnit all to heck that freaking Seinfeld bit still knee jerk makes me laugh, and it should NOT be funny!  
  • @iba34 I have issues with pants altogether. Side panel and underbelly started causing me pain at maybe 9 weeks (I grow fast) and full panel fall down the entire pregnancy for me. I'm already big enough that people think I'm due next month, and pants falling. I think it's a shape issue.

My question: maternity belts. How does one manage these comfortably and not take off to pee every 40 min? Full panel pants and long shirts means I either wear it on top of a couple of layers and have to take it off for every potty break-and it takes me a long moment to get it back on comfortably, plus trying to keep it off the floor in the bathrooms at work....or I wear it under clothes, which makes peeing easier, but is a little uncomfortable and rubs on on skin?

Am I just a baby, or am I missing something? I can't wear two shirts (I overheat even with a thin tank top) especially to work where my shirt is a tank and I get hot, lol. 

You can tell me I'm just a baby, I'll get over it.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeamocktail I’ve been wearing mine over my maternity pants and under shirt (out and about) or over both pants and shirt. Mine isn’t stratchy even on skin, but I don’t want it to get smelly from sweat being in direct contact full time. It really doesn’t take me more than a second to get it on though, so I haven’t noticed an issue. Plus, having the belly supported keeps it of my bladder and I’m peeing a bit less often. 
  • @pourmeamocktail I wore mine over a thin camisole so I didn't have to take it off to pee. Maybe try a breathable cotton or sweat-wicking fabric? I found it uncomfortable to wear, but helped some with my sciatica when I was farther along. 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• I just bought size large leggings from The Loft and they fit great around the belly. I hate the way the full panel maternity pants fit and I am hoping to wear these post-preggos until I fit back in my normal size. Also ordered my second Le Tote. So far, it's been OK. I like the idea of renting these pieces and not buying them since this is my last kid.