October 2018 Moms
Options

Jersey Mommas

Any New Jersey moms out there who could recommend OBs that accept UHCCommunity plan. I either plan to deliver at Morristown Medical, Overlook Medical, or St Peter's Hospital. Have 2 more maternity tours before making my final decision on a hospital but need to find an OB asap. I am currently 13 weeks.
Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Jersey Mommas

• Options
    Any New Jersey moms out there who could recommend OBs that accept UHCCommunity plan. I either plan to deliver at Morristown Medical, Overlook Medical, or St Peter's Hospital. Have 2 more maternity tours before making my final decision on a hospital but need to find an OB asap. I am currently 13 weeks.
    Who are you? 
  • Options
    Excuse me?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is a community where we’ve all been getting to know one another and giving tons of support over the last few months, and you never introduced yourself yet posted here seeking advice. Before diving in to ask your own question, it would be nice if you introduced yourself and tried to get to know us a little. 
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Where do you even do that at? I didn't see any area to introduce yourself. Unfortunately it isn't as organized here as it is on other sites.
  • Options
    There is an introduction thread pinned at the top of the board, along with a Welcome **Read first** for the rules and organization of the board. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    edited April 2018
    There’s an introductions thread. It is currently the second one from the top.  There is also a welcome - read this first thread in the top 4 or 5 threads

Edit: apparently @chyvie & I were typing at the same time
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    There are two threads pinned at the top of the board. One is “Introductions” and the other is “Welcome! Read this first!”  The welcome thread explains the organization of the board, and the intro thread is pretty self explanatory. We’d love to have you join us, but we like to get to know everyone a little before they jump in and start new posts like this. 
  • Options
    I'm in NJ and I love my OB, but I don't think they go to those hospitals - sorry! If you're anywhere near Hunterdon, though, I can give you the name. 
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Thank you ladies. I finally saw it. Things here are difficult. It took me a while to figure out how to add a ticker to the signature lol. Btw this is not pregnancy relate but can you change your name on here? The long letters and number is weird.

Me: 35 SO: Turning 40 next week
    Due: Oct 15, 2018
  • Options
    Welcome! Nice to have you here! 
  • Options
    drurose I'm no where close to Hunterdon. Thank you though
  • Options
    Me: 35 SO: Turning 40 next week
    Due: Oct 15, 2018
    Welcome!! When you get a chance to learn how to, you could change your screen name so we can get to know you on a more personal level(: there's a thread about 3 or 4 down that helps explain what to do! Happy to have you here and welcome again!
  • Options
    I bumped the thread about how to change your name.  
  • Options
    Oh, actually...I think the practice I used to go to, in Bridgwater, goes to St. Peter's. I liked them and only changed because I moved out of the area. That's Somerset Ob/gyn.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
  • Options
    Welcome @mommiesnuggles. While I am not a NJ mom (I live in hell aka Arizona) I do have a question. We had a debate on another thread. Who’s Pizza is better? NY or NJ?
  • Options
    @mesamyt Hello! Thank you for the welcome. To answer your question NY pizza is better
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @mesamyt Hello! Thank you for the welcome. To answer your question NY pizza is better
    @mommiesnuggles good answer!! 

ETA.. sorry I was a little snippy in my first reply! It’s been a long day (and week)...
  • Options
    @mommiesnuggles - We have our fair share of debates.  (Check the thread on sleeping for a good example.) But we try to be welcoming and supportive (although occasionally we have to pass around some popcorn).

I think you will fit in just fine.  Take some time to read through some of the threads- it will seriously be time well spent.  The top four threads are stickied (so they will always be on top), but everything else changes order by which thread has the most recent comment. 

Finally (just in case), we love ultrasound pictures!   Just don’t ask us to make a guess as to baby’s sex (we don’t know) or gender (baby will let you know when xe is ready).

Also- I’m hoping for a dinosaur!   I’d be happy with either a triceratops or a stegosaurus, but if it’s a T-rex, I’m afraid I might have my hands full!  (In other words, I’m team green... and scaly.)
  • Options
    @knottieamusements you always write the best posts.
    But no velociraptor or pterodactyl? It could fly you to the grocery store!
  • Options
    Hahaha @knottieamusements you have me laughing so hard right now. I didn’t even think about nap time repercussions!
  • Options
    My OB is Dr Davda she is in Piscataway and she delivers at St Peter's 
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I'm so stressed and upset. I still have no OB. I'm 14 weeks today and at 16 weeks I need to do the AFP test. At this rate I'm not going to have further prenatal care. Medicaid/NJ Familycare/UHC Comunity Plan sucks. I don't want a shitty doctor who I'm not going to be comfortable with, who is going to push c section, and not listen to anything I have to say. Basically those are the main doctors my insurance deals with.
  • Options
    @mommiesnuggles  - Don't stress - you'll figure this out! Presuming you have tried the local boards, too, and hunted down some local FB groups?
    Can you ask your insurance for a list of covered docs, or see if there's one online and then start cross-referencing with reviews? Time intensive but hopefully it'd give you a few potentials.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @chopchop25 I've asked in several forums and ladies have been very helpful. But they are doctors or places that don't take my insurance. I've gone on my insurance's site and had a huge list. From that list I don't have not 1 doctor that may be a possible. Either they don't take the insurance anymore, the location mentioned is not a location the doctor is at anymore, it's not even an OB office (is actually a urogyno office) or they have horrible google/healthgrade/vital reviews. It's difficult not to stress when time runs out in a blink of an eye and you have to have testing done at specific times in your pregnancy especially being of mature age. This is why It's hard to not stress
  • Options
    I know this sounds dumb, but have you considered just going to a different OB every appointment until you find one you can work with?  Basically try a few out until you get one you like.  
  • Options
    @mommysnuggles can you ask your PCP or when you get an urogyno office for a recommendation?
  • Options
    Also, hate to suggest it, but what about going to the city for appts?
  • Options
    Did you decide on a hospital? I wonder if you called the maternity ward coordinator if they could recommend someone. Or your primary care doctor, if you have one.

Also I have found that Google/ healthgrades reviews are less than reliable. My current doctor, who I love, has only one review and it's bad. I feel like people only rate doctors when they're unhappy  :( So if you can get a recommendation from another doctor that might be more reliable. 

Hugs! Insurance stuff is so stressful. I have very bad insurance and I'm paying out of pocket right now for everything. Sigh.
  • Options
    Not sure if they’re in your insurance network, but when I lived in jersey I went to Sunrise OBGYN and saw all the drs there (there’s three of them), and they were great. Their office is in Manalapan, so it isn’t super close to where you are, but it could be an option. They delivered at Monmouth Medical center for me, but not sure if they’re affiliated with any other area hospitals. 
  • Options
    I'm just going to have to pay out of pocket for the care I want because this whole thing is ridiculous. Spent the whole day on the phone with my insurance and they are realizing my dilemma. All resources have been exhausted. I'm going to have some debt that's for sure :/
  • Options
    @mommiesnuggles can I ask what your biggest reservation has been so far about choosing an OB?? I did see you said you didn't want them to push for a c section and to listen to what you have to say which are both reasonable. But was there anything specific about any of the OBs you've met with so far that could work for you for now and as you get to know them maybe you'll find you actually like them and the practice. 
    Not from Jersey  but I've been going to the same practice since I was 15 for birth control and pap smears and yearly women's exams. They also happen to be the practice my mom went to wgen she was pregnant with my brother and I. (Literally same Dr's, im seeing the newer of the OBs there)Is there someone from a previous place you may have gone too who could make recommendations for you or even a planned parenthood that could help until you have an OB picked??
  • Options
    @mamabearcj other reservations of mine is that the OB can deliver at the hospitals I've looked into. I haven't met with any OB due to the bs. Paying out of pocket now isn't an option because it would be fraud since I have insurance and they supposed to cover me. I don't know what they expect me to do. As a pregnant woman I should have the option of choosing the best quality care for myself and my baby. Apparently if you have medicaid that isn't an option. You just shut up and put of with the shitty care that they give you that's if it's available to you. I'm depressed and angry at the whole world. No one can help me unless by a miracle I win the lotto, then I can cast medicaid to hell and pay to have a good insurance. Chances of that happening is never.
  • Options
    I pmed you with my dr. I'm pretty sure he takes Medicaid. It would be a hike for you, and they wouldn't be at your choice of hospital, but he's an amazing dr and I trust him with my life. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018