July 2018 Moms

Re: Fit Mom Friday 4/13

• Selfishly started because I need the accountability!  :)
    Made it to two of my classes this week, hoping to get to tomorrow morning's class but I already just want to sleep in. And I might be insane, but I'm trying out a burlesque class this weekend too. Thought I'd change it up and try to get ahold of my body issues. If nothing else, I think it will be really funny with a pregnant belly. :D
  • I need some accountability too! I have not made it to the gym aside from teaching this week (will be teaching tomorrow). I need a schedule. I've been sick with a cough and overall just so damn lazy but also not getting good sleep. So I'm cutting myself some slack....not too much though. Thanks for the motivation! Burlesque class sounds so fun!
  • Loading the player...
  • @kissableviv I hope that cough clears up soon! Not fun! Although, it's a work out in it's own way I guess?
  • Cutting oneself some slack is a good idea! I need to do the same. I can't work out like I used to--even walking is getting a little harder, though I can still do that, just at a slower pace.

I'm still doing these prenatal light weight training videos that have tons of pelvic floor exercises, and I do feel better when I do them, so I hope I can keep going with that 2-4 times a week. Will have to try my low-impact aerobics vids again if I can manage it....
  • Hola from Spain! Been here for a week now and only made it to the gym once... and that was yesterday. Trying to rationalize that we’re getting a lot of walking in (4-5 miles/day), but I’ve eaten complete crap (so many sweets!) and am scared to see the scale Sunday night upon return...
    I retired my pre-pregnancy jeans at week 26 (and am now worried my arse is starting to get fat). Will try to get back to the 4X/week elliptical when I return + start physical therapy for my SPD and diastasis issues next week.
    Definitely feeling big, achy and slow.
  • morethanamamamorethanamama member
    edited April 2018
    @pretzellover I hope you're having a blast I love Spain! You may be surprised, food in Europe is way less processed so with all the walking you may actually be ok! I retired my jeans at 12 weeks, so...but that was mostly due to my tummy. I *think* my butt has stayed the same-ish:)
  • Holy hiking! Went to Catalina for the day and I'm at 20k steps, just past 4pm. Hiked mostly uphill for an hour and downhill for one hour. Took it easy with lots of breaks on the way to the summit , it's definitely eye opening to see how much my endurance changed. I'm pretty pooped! But no pain or concerns so that's a win!
  • @kissableviv that’s amazing! I got to 18K steps one day on my trip and felt like hell the next day! Hope given your fitness level you don’t!

Got back to NYC late last night, and back to exercise accountability. 3rd cardio workout in 4 days... have decided I’m gonna wait a few days before I weigh myself; let everything normalize and get myself back on track before I freak out (see doctor 4/28; if I’m up 4+ lbs in a month she WILL literally lecture me).

I’m pear shaped so the elliptical and stairmaster are my go tos; but arse and thighs definitely expanded in my workout hiatus & chocolate binge... trying to be kind to myself. Damn it’s hard with so many things growing and stretching and darkening. 
  • @pretzellover good job on getting back on track, I hope your trip was amazing!

My calves are definitely on fire. Going to yoga tonight but I'm going to try to use the foam roller a bit. Ended the day burning 2600 calories, very rare for sure! 
  • I think I need to start cutting back a bit. Been going 5-7 days a week, hour each with mixed cardio and weights. I think this weekend I'm finally starting to burn out. Both days I barely had any energy. Cardio is getting tougher for sure. Walking irritates my sciatic nerve. My feet start to feel like I've been on them all day even though it's only been 30 minutes. I think I need to cut back to every other day, and also cut back maybe on the amount when I'm there. I dunno, really started to feel the pregnancy pains right on cue of starting the 3rd trimester.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @rachelsogo I’m impressed you’ve been able to do so much for so long! That’s really impressive and way more than 99.9% of us!

I’d say trust your body; exercise is for health and wellness - mental and physical. It shouldn’t cause you more pain or discomfort.
    I’d say start to taper it off; drop to every other day and start to cut down on time and exercises until you feel good and look forward to it again.

• Agreed with @pretzellover about tapering off. I'm focusing more on getting enough steps every day, going to prenatal yoga once a week, and strength training once a week. As I get bigger I'll probably try the pool!
  • My workouts have definitely slowed down a bit. I’ve been trying to also focus on getting my steps in daily and doing 1-2 pilates classes a week. I haven’t done spin in a few weeks but the last time I did just felt kind of awkward. My balance was a bit off when riding in third position. 
  • I finally got a support belt, and I'm kicking myself for not having done it sooner. It has helped so much in my workouts this week. Here is the one I got, it's a little more stiff than others, but I think that's what I like about it. https://www.amazon.com/GABRIALLA-Elastic-Maternity-Strength-Pregnancy/dp/B000ZKE4AM?th=1

• @rachelsogo Was thinking of you this am! I took Friday - Sunday off bc I was achy and pooped... and both yesterday and today I woke up full of energy and ready to workout!
    I hope you’re feeling better and finding some balance!
    i have a doctor appt tomorrow, and start PT today for my diastatis and pelvic pain, so figured I should get sweaty this week as long as it doesn’t hurt.