Babies on the Brain

TWW/WTO April

Just made one for the month since it’s slow around here but add updates if you want. 

If you are a contributing member with a BFP this week, please share your success with us here!

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

WTO - WAYDTGKU: 

TWW - Timing: 

TWW - Testing:   

CS/Q: 

R/R:

GTKY: Tell is all about your wedding. Date, colors, location, dress etc. or if not married yet... your dream wedding. 

Re: TWW/WTO April

• Month/Cycle: 3.5/3

CD/DPO: 33/???who the hell knows at this point

TWW - Timing: literally one day the whole fertile week. I was out of town for spring break and we traveled for Easter as well. 

TWW - Testing: I’ve been peeing on everything.... all BFN. Typical cycle length before IUD was 32 days so I’m just waiting for AF to get here late I guess. 1st month off IUD was 28 CD and second month off was 32 CD.

CS/Q: 

R/R: I really just want a period or a BFP. Limbo land sucks. I’ve googled getting BFN late a few too many times. 

GTKY: 10-10-14 got married to my HS sweetheart after 8 years of dating off and mostly on. DH is catholic so in the church and then reception at the Marriott. Had a lace dress with the diamond cutout in back and and belt. Bridesmaids wore light blue and guys wore tan. Was kind of a vintage rustic vibe. 
  • @JLaVO888 I hope you get an end to your cycle soon. And your wedding dress sounds gorgeous. Fx for a bfp for you.

Month/Cycle: 4/3, I keep thinking it’s 4 cycles in my head. Nope, getting confused with the months. 

CD/DPO: 24/8 dpo? Dpo is a total guess based on cm & cycle averages. I don’t actually chart that. 

WTO - WAYDTGKU: 

TWW - Timing: much better than the previous cycles, but I’m hesitant to be too optimistic, since idk exactly when (or if!) I ovulated. 

TWW - Testing: I’m trying to hold off until at least cd 29- 4/17. That’s when af usually comes. 

CS/Q: 

R/R: I’m just trying to keep myself distracted for another week. It’s hard not to let the “google exact dpo/symptom/feeling/etc” consume all of my free time. Smart phones are a blessing and a curse. It doesn’t help having the www in my pocket, but also, I can discreetly look things up on my phone and not our desktop computer, so SO won’t think I’m too obsessed. 

GTKY: We aren’t married. We’ve been together 8 years. Dream wedding would be somewhere outdoorsy. Maybe a cabin in the mountains, or old growth forest at the coast. With the majority of the budget spent on food/drinks! The rest I’m not sure. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @tumbleweed-1 Yes! To smartphone curse. Google is the enemy of the TWW. 

Your dream wedding sounds like my dream wedding actually. But DH and his family are strict catholic so no church wasn’t an option. I did make sure to pick one with beautiful stained glass windows though. 

Update for me: CD1!!! Happy to be moving on. 
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: ?

WTO - WAYDTGKU: TTA, but taking pnv and temping

TWW - Timing: 

TWW - Testing:   

CS/Q: I’m pretty sure I haven’t Oed yet. Didn’t have convincing CM and when I take out the last 3 days of high temps (due to lack of sleep and a girls night out) it takes away my cross hairs.

R/R:

GTKY: Tell is all about your wedding. Date, colors, location, dress etc. or if not married yet... your dream wedding. 

Married in June 2011 in Meridian MS where MH was stationed. Both our families flew out and we got married in the base chapel. Followed up with a BBQ in our backyard on a lake. I had a tea length strapless dress, although I wish I had worn something more casual because I changed into a sundress as soon as I got home. DH wore his Navy uniform and we had a sword arch as we walked out.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited April 2018
    @meggyme I love how layed back your wedding was! DH’s family is so so big and so involved so we went kinda big size wise...150. It was an amazing wedding and the best day ever but I love layed back and small. 
  • @JLaVO888 yeah, I wouldn't do it any other way. Being in other people's weddings stresses me out, so I can't imagine having been in the spotlight for a big production of a day.
  • I was probably the most laid back bride on the planet because of all the weddings I had been in and seen people get psycho. I promised myself the day would be about love and nothing else and it was awesome. My SIL even got drunk before the wedding, ripped her dress, spilled water all down her front and kept saying “Amen!” After the priest said things and I just shrugged it of and laughed about it. She only made it about 30 min into the reception before having to leave to puke her guts up. 
  • Haha! My sister was super laid back, but almost to a fault. It was a DIY backyard wedding with probably 75 people there and she was so chill about everything, like "Whatever you think is best". I wanted to shake her and say "I need some direction on how this pile of rocks, mason jars, flowers and candles are supposed to turn into centerpieces!" It ended up being fun, but she needed someone in charge.
  • @JLaVO888 I realized this morning that your profile picture is you in your wedding dress. Now I feel like a jerk for not noticing that last night & saying that your dress description “sounded” pretty. It IS pretty. Lol, sorry about that. 
  • Haha no worries @tumbleweed-1the thumbnail pics on my phone are so damn small anyways. It’s hard to tell what anyone’s photo is. 

@meggyme yeah that’s a lot stressful to have no direction. I did all the planning myself with DH and helped set everything up that morning but anything that went wrong after that point I just let roll off my shoulders. The cupcakes were late and I couldn’t have cared less. 
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: CD2

WTO - WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, opk, bd 

CS/Q: nothing to see yet

R/R: Nothing much, we are trying out The Crown tonight because we've heard it's good

Our wedding was almost 12 years ago on July 22, 2006.  We were high school sweethearts and got married when I was 21 and he was 22.  We got married at a little glass chapel in SW Missouri.  I had been living in England for the year prior and the reception place we had chosen before I left the country decided to go under a major renovation so my mom had to find a reception place for me and sign new contracts.  I didn't see the reception place myself until a week before the wedding.  I moved back to the states about 3 weeks before the wedding.  I bought a Maggie Sottero that someone never wore due to being dumped before their wedding that I bought off eBay for a few hundred bucks.  I let my ex-stepdad talk me into doing the photography because he used to do photography as a professsion.  That was a disaster and I regret it.  We went to Vegas for our ten year anniversary (our honeymoon locale) and renewed our vows and had professional photos taken which I like much more.  Our colors were turquoise with some additional pops of hot pink and orange.
  • @quidditchcapn1120 this is probably a stupid question, but you are British right? I loved the Crown, but I’m interested In your take.
  • I also loved the crown! 
  • I couldn’t wait until cd 29 to test. I caved and bought a bunch of $ tree ones. Lol. I tested on Friday morning (even though it was probably way too early because I don’t expect my period until Tuesday) 

Now for the *TW part- a very, very faint bfp, in the 3-5 min window, so not an evap. I tested again this morning and the line is still light, but noticeable darker. Dark enough to show up well in photos and to see without holding it up to my face. I think that means it’s a bfp! End TW*

I wanted to share because we just started getting this board going, and I don’t want to leave in the middle of that, but I will be seeing other boards now too. Lol “it’s not you, it’s me” 
  • @tumbleweed-1 that’s great! Congrats!
  • meggyme said:
    @quidditchcapn1120 this is probably a stupid question, but you are British right? I loved the Crown, but I’m interested In your take.
    I'm not!  I'm a Midwest US born-and-raised girl.  I did live in the U.K. for a year and loved it.  I would love to go back or maybe even live there again someday.
  • @tumbleweed-1 Congrats!! Glad you shared and didn’t just ghost us. How fun to get to be pregnant with your IRL friend! 
  • meggymemeggyme member
    edited April 2018
    I feel like I'm reading my underwear like tea leaves, trying to figure out what my CM is doing. I can feel it, but there's not enough for me to see it. I just need to actually get up in there and check.

A couple more days without a period and I should have skipped my period during our vacation.
  • @meggyme Missed period as in you need to test? You said you were not sure if you O’d yet so just getting the timeline down in my head. FX for BFP if so.
  • meggymemeggyme member
    edited April 2018
    @JLaVO888 well AF showed up today, but it was my first cycle off bc so it was all screwy. I’m on CD 32 by last period, but only off bc for 20 days. I was hoping it would be delayed enough to not get it on vacation, but it’s borderline. My hopes were not high for this cycle.

ETA chart: my temp shift was pretty weak except for the first 3, which could be attributed to bad sleep and a night of drinking. And no strong CM. Looking at it now I can see more of the temp shift.

• Well on to next cycle we both go. I’m on CD 7 so we are pretty close together. 
  • Month/Cycle: TTC in April of 2019! 

CD/DPO: CD 2.  :s

WTO - WAYDTGKU: I am trying to lose weight. I gained way too much when I was KTFU with DD. In order to qualify for a VBAC, I need to drop around 60 lbs...plus, I just want to feel better. I'm 5'2"...my body was not designed for this much weight. Losing 60 lbs would increase my possibility of VBAC by around 45%. But on top of that, I start weight training in the next few weeks (as a teacher, our school year is starting to wind down, so I will have a lot more time after school starting next week). 

CS/Q: Nothing yet. I still have my IUD, so I won't be temping or charting until next year. 

R/R: Just getting tired of trying to create a budget and financial plan to save money for maternity leave for Baby #2 and H changing the subject. He says having a kid has been really hard on him, but DD has been the easiest baby possible! He has severe anxiety and every time he goes to take care of her, she can sense her anxiety and then it becomes my job to do everything. Then he gets all butthurt that I don't let him do enough. Ugh...

Our colors were navy blue, turquoise, grey, with splashes of yellow! It was June 27th! We're coming up to 3 years of wedding bliss...6 years together. My dress was David Tutera and it was beautiful. We had a church wedding and then had a lovely reception at a hall. It was a very chill day and I wasn't stressed about...pretty much anything. It was awesome. 
  • @meggyme Are you on TWW yet? 
  • @picklesplease - I didn't realize that weight can affect chance of VBAC. I'm still up in the air about trying for a VBAC as my labor was long and miserable.  I'm in the process of trying to lose 55 lbs. I've lost 32 lbs. since Jan 1. The 2 main reasons I am losing weight is help take pressure of my back and decrease my chances of preeclampsia as I had it with my first pregnancy. Good luck with the weight training!
  • meggymemeggyme member
    @jlavo888 well, on day 32 I was surprised with AF, so apparently I Oed around the same time I had those unreliable highs. I had a shift but it wasn’t significant enough for cross hairs without them. So now I’m still in WTO, but on cycle 2 which is kind of a good thing since this cycle should be a little more predictable.