2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
Team green turned PINK!
Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: UO Thursday 4/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jhjocelyn all natural would have killed me and my child most likely so I'm all for some medical interventions!
  • Options
    @jhjocelyn I agree with you in part (and don't feel like you were digging at me at all) I do totally support modern medicine, and while I am very much working towards a home birth, I don't desire an unassisted birth. If I was a midwife and my husband had some basic first responder skills, then maybe, but still probably not. 

But on the other hand, I do feel very strongly that the current OB/hospital/medical practices/hospital and/or insurance company policies tend to cause a lot of the issues women have giving birth spontaneously-that is vaginal, with no physical assistance during exit). I won't judge anyone that wants medical pain relief during labor and delivery, that's a personal decision. But I do see studies showing that the US has the highest rate of c section births plus the lowest mom and baby health records of a developed country. Some of that I know is due to handling a larger range of illnesses and conditions and trying to care for very very young preemie babies. But some is due to failure to help women adequately.

I am all for surgical intervention when it's mom's choice or need, but I feel there are policies in place (routinely not allowing moms to move around or eat and drink in labor, etc) that cause more baby distress, that lead to more interventions or surgeries. 

There's nothing wrong with a cesarean, but why has the rate climbed so much higher here than other countries, without the mortality rates going down?

But, I still want to have tests done during pregnancy, and have a midwife at home to help of deliver or tell me if things are not going well.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I also feel this board is kind of boring. Personally, I think there are too many broad threads and people are afraid to start a new thread and be flamed that it should go in the Random thread. Then, the Random thread is so big, there are things I might respond to but by the time I read through the thread, I forget what I was going to respond to or it's so far up the thread, it's not worth responding to because there have been 10 other topics discussed since then. Just my UO, it doesn't deter me from lurking and posting once in a while. Also, I work FT and am busy at home so I don't spend a lot of time one here.

My UO: I am totally dreading breast feeding the new baby. I just don't want to! I had a hard time with my first due to supply issues and I just did not enjoy it or feel a magical bond with my son during nursing sessions. I'm a horrible mom! I might try exclusively pumping, but we'll see.
  • Options
    @jjess1201 I feel exactly the same. Most threads have about 10 topics going on so it’s hard to actually have a conversation about something. It feels like you just post a statement, not participate in a conversation.
  • Options
    I personally like the volume of posts on this board. Like @BusinessWife I'm also on other boards and lurk IF and TTCAL on TTGP. Plus I'm on mobile which is a whole other challenge. :/
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    @Lcardinal04 I totally agree with both your opinions.
    Someone's my kid goes to school with uncombed hair or a weird combination of things packed in his lunch, but always clean (or clean as you can keep a 2 year old) in clean clothes seasonlly appropriate with plenty of health/ healthish food. I side eye the heck out of the parents of the kids who have popcorn and pretzels as their whole lunch because "they don't like meat" and the parents of the kids who NEVER have hair combed and always have dirty noses/faces.

And no, not everything is abuse, so people need to stop calling it that. You can disagree with another parent's tactics without calling it abuse.
  • Options
    @jjess1201 I completely agree with your breastfeeding UO. With my first it was a constant battle with latching, with supply, with pumping while working, with pain, etc.  No joke it's one of the reasons I waited six years to decide to have another.  I want to not dread it, but I do. 
  • Options
    @jjess1201, I'm also very much not looking forward to BF'ing again.  I EP with DS1 and DS2, and I nursed and pumped with DS3.  I'm not a huge fan of either nursing or pumping for various reasons, though I am grateful that thus far it has been my choice to continue with either as I know not everyone is able to BF.  If it doesn't work out this time for whatever reason (supply, stress, logistics), at this point I think I'll be more relieved than not.
  • Options
    MandyMost said:
    @jjess1201 I feel exactly the same. Most threads have about 10 topics going on so it’s hard to actually have a conversation about something. It feels like you just post a statement, not participate in a conversation.
    Agree. 

I’ve voiced this before and suggested that *maybe* we don’t lose our minds when someone posts a question outside of the question thread, but I think the tone was set early on and now it is what it is. 

I personally have no interest in reading pages of disjointed randoms/questions/symptoms threads, so I don’t. I pop in and glance through weekly bump threads and the rare one off, which means I am much less active than I was/am on other boards. 
  • Options
    I agree. This board is slow and i think we should start more discussions/convos in their own.