Re: UO 4/12

• Options
    I feel the same about Love You Forever
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @SawyerRichardson, agreed, bowl of mush?  what
  • Options
    My issue with Love You Forever is about boundaries.  It seems like a sweet story, but really it seems pretty creepy.  She breaks into her adult son’s house every night to cuddle?
    Yeah love you forever is creepy AF. I still love the story, but it definitely comes with baggage. I also always cry when I read it now after I found out why Robert Munsch wrote it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sawyerrichardson please tell my DD this!! Unfortunately she is obsessed with this book and we read it constantly.  I tried to hide it and she found it lol

@kfrob and good night nobody?? did they run out of ideas?  :D:D:D

• Options
    @knottieamusements DS watched me throw all his Easter candy away. He threw a fit and tried to dig it back out. Sorry, not sorry, kid. You’re not eating an entire basket of candy. 
  • Options
    I've been so happy its getting nicer out! DH and SS played outside most of our evening together the last two nights. And he didn't touch his tablet!
  • Options
    @acciocoffee I don’t think that’s a UO.  Most parents I know complain about the number of toys their kids have.  My kids even got sick of it and made a pile of toys to sell. I put them away until closer to our Mothers of Multiples Club sale and then took them out and they were still good with selling most of them (which I wasn’t expecting).  Their favorite toys are toilet paper rolls. I keep telling people to stop buying toys because they literally prefer playing with garbage most of the time.  They also have blasters and swords and lightsabers and they prefer to build their own with tinker toys and use those instead.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    I was on the  minimal toy bandwagon and some how I now have a house full of toys and I can't stand it.  We don't even have the room for them all.  I was trying to keep some in a closet and rotate them for a while and just gave up.  I keep telling DH we need to clean them out and donate them.  
  • Options
    I think push presents are sweet and I wouldn't be upset if DF decided to treat me following lil monster's birth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

+1 for push presents. I side-eye women who expect one or are pissed if it's not something crazy expensive, but if it's done for the right reasons, I think it's super cute.

Re: throwing toys away. DS is obsessed with music and almost everything makes noise. He started turning on every toy at once (while YouTube was playing music on the TV) and I was getting headaches. So I started taking some toys when he hands them to me, switching them off, and saying "Oh no, it's broken! Mommy has to fix it!" and then I'll bring it out again 2-3 months later. That way he only has a couple things at once. Plus then I can rotate the toys instead of constantly buying new ones. It's like new all over again to an 18 month old that hasn't seen it in 3 months!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @jemmerjams I’m with you that most old schools chivalry things are just annoying. I’m fully capable of opening my own car door. I don’t need to stand there and wait for you to walk all the way around the car to open my door then sit in the car waiting for you to walk back around to your side. Waste of everyone’s time. 
  • Options
    I’ve never read I’ll Love You Forever...i like Good Night Moon because it’s short. Lol

I don’t care for babies with pierced ears. I say wait until you kid can get excited about it. I got mine done at 8 and I was so excited!

I’m totally okay with getting rid of your kids toys, candy and junk. But I think you should either make it disappear when they’re not looking or have them “help you” get rid of it. Also, if you think you have too many toys that you don’t want get rid of, bring some to Grandmas. 

My UO is I think push presents are dumb. I mean I gues I agree with the other two ladies, if your SO decides of their own volition with no idea from you to get you a gift then that’s cute. But I think to expect, hint at or even suggest a push present is ridiculous.

• Options
    I don’t like other people’s kids and for some reason the kids in my house decided naptime is overrated today. I can’t stand no nap days.
  • Options
    britvahok said:
    DH and I make personal candy bags from DS's Halloween and Easter candy before we throw away his candy. We're almost done with our secret Easter stash. 

My UO is I think all kids should be required to be vaccinated. The only exception should be kids with certain health conditions. I don't agree with religious exemptions. 

Is this an UO? I thought it was the majority, although maybe I'm just fortunate to be surrounded by people who understand the importance of vaccinating!

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    @chopchop25 I agree. I'm sure some of the smaller donations from everyday people who genuinely care and are sadden by it. I mean to donate $5-20 is not a big deal for most and I donate money all the time to various charities. It is the big corporations, hockey teams and players who are donating thousands of dollars to get their names out there. 

I sure do hope the entire community gets to benefit from the donations.  
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    krzyriverkrzyriver member
    edited April 2018

Also, big +1 for waiting until a kid is old enough to understand what's happening until you pierce their ears. I'm also a big believer in taking them to a professional piercer. I got my ears pierced at Claire's when was a teenager and it was crazy painful, not to mention they we're crooked and the back kept rubbing against the skin behind my ear and it scabbed up. I had to take them out and let them heal. I had my ears and nose done at a tattoo shop when I was 18 and it was way less painful and I was much happier with the results.

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014