Pregnant after IF
Options

1st Trimester Check-in | Week of April 9th

I know we've got a few ladies going for ultrasounds today/this week!  Good luck!!

How far along are you? / EDD

How are you feeling?

Any recent/upcoming appointments?

Thoughts/Concerns?

Questions:

QOTW: Do you have any (non-pregnancy) events coming up that you're really looking forward to? (or not!)
Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
Started IF Feb. 2014
PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
IUI March 2015, BFN
IUI June 2015, BFN
IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: 1st Trimester Check-in | Week of April 9th

• Options
    6 weeks 2 days / EDD Nov. 30

How are you feeling?
    Tired.  All the time.  That and some lower back pain is pretty much it for physical symptoms.  I'm finding it much easier to focus on things other than baby this week, which is good news for work!  I'm not sure why, but I'm worrying less and just trying to enjoy the ride!

Nothing until next week.

Thoughts/Concerns?
    I'm working on finding a new OB/GYN b/c it's been a few years since I seen my current doctor, and she has changed practices since then.

Questions:
    Did you call your OB to set up your first appointment with them before you graduated from your RE?  I was told my US next week would most likely be my last appointment with the RE.  Should I be calling the OB now to make my first appointment with them?

QOTW: Do you have any (non-pregnancy) events coming up that you're really looking forward to? (or not!)
    My cousin is getting married this Saturday!  I'm really excited for her and I can't wait to see family!  We've kind of all been shut-in all winter so it will be nice to get out and visit.  I just wish it was going to be warmer for her big day!  I'm sure when she chose an April wedding she was not expecting temps in the 30's and the possibility of snow!!! C'mon, mother nature!  Get with the program!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver I'm with you on the OB question.  I saw my regular OB last November but he doesn't deliver at the hospital we want to use, so I think we'll be looking into midwives soon.

5w5d / Dec 5

How are you feeling?
    Pretty good.  Still super tired.  Some new feeling light cramps have been going on last night and into today.  Nothing major, but each new twinge concerns me.  Keep telling myself this is normal and not to worry unless it gets worse.

Blood test #3 on Thursday.  Hopefully the last before we move to ultrasounds

Thoughts/Concerns?
    We celebrated my dad's birthday last night and went ahead and announced the pregnancy to immediate family.  Just hoping it wasn't too early.

Questions: Nah.

At the end of May we're going on a vacation with my 3 oldest friends and their families.  We've rented a house on the beach for a week.   There will be 8 adults and 5 children under 5.  So looking forward to this.  It's been three years since we've seen one of the fams since they live on the other side of the country.  Us four girls have been friends since 4th grade.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83 good luck with your blood test! FX for good #'s so you can move on to your US! And that's awesome that you've had such close friends for so long.  I'm sure your vacation will be a wonderful retreat from everything!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Options
    @ChristenMA83 good luck with your blood test! Veryyyy jealous of your beach vacation! It's freezing in MA and I'm ready for some dang sun!!!

@mag1cbeli3ver My RE had me call my OB on graduation day which for me was 7wks1day and when I had my first US.

8 weeks 4 days / November 15
    Also, just found out yesterday our best friends are pregnant and due Nov. 3!!! We're so freaking excited!!! They don't know we're pregnant yet so I'm really excited to tell them!

How are you feeling?
    Great mentally but this morning sickness is kicking my sore PIO behind! I can't get out of bed in the morning without downing half a dozen saltines. I gag allll the time. I'm struggling to drink anything but ginger ale. BUT! I'm pretty pumped to feel pregnant and would get sick every day for this baby!

I see my OB on April 24 for an US and visit.

Thoughts/Concerns?
    Just not sure what will happen post Estrace and PIO... My last day for both is this coming Saturday, April 14. I hope my body can support the baby with it's own hormones.

Questions:
    Anyone wearing maternity clothes yet!? This is my second pregnancy and I swear it's true that you show sooner. I can't fit into my jeans and already look like I did when I was 16 weeks pregnant with my son!

Yes! My birthday is Friday and my husband, son and I are going to Burlington, VT for a few days next week. Not the sunny vacation I've been dreaming about but a getaway nonetheless! I'm excited to just take some time and relax with my family :)
  • Options
    @mechelita44 so sorryyour getting so much morning sickness.  As far as maternity wear, I have one pair of maternity pants I bought second hand during IVF stims because I was so bloated.  I'm still wearing those.  Other than that I'm sticking to mostly elastic waste bands.  My Jean's fit but are uncomfortable when sitting...if this bloat doesn't diminish soon I'll be investing in some maternity pants.

I'm sitting in the waiting room because I got pulled for a random drug screening at work.  I swear I come up in the pool twice a year.  I'm hoping this doesn't disclose my pregnancy to work before I'm ready.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    I'm not 100% certain. Baby went from measuring 2 days behind to 4 days ahead, so I'm guessing 9w2d(ish). That puts my EDD around Nov. 11th, tho I will most likely deliver late Sept/early Oct due to ICP.

How are you feeling?
    Ugh, the heartburn and nausea go hand in hand and it's killing me. It's hard to be positive about feeling so crappy.

I had an appointment last Thursday due to spotting, which is how I found out baby was measuring so far ahead. My next appt is April 17th.

Thoughts/Concerns?
    H wants to announce to all our friends after our u/s on the 17th. I'm nervous about it, even tho this pregnancy has been progressing beautifully. 

Questions:

QOTW: My birthday is the 30th and we have plans to go see Infinity War. That is about it, lol. We lead exciting lives.
  • Options
    @mechelita44 Happy early birthday!   Enjoy your family trip!!
    @wildrainbow I am soooo excited to see Infinity War!  DH and I have been watching so many Marvel movies to prepare! lol! I hope it's great!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Options
    6w2d

How are you feeling?
    Nervous! But physically fine. Still sore boobs and a sudden love of ice cream  :#

1st ultrasound in 1.5 hours!!! This day has been going so slowly!

Thoughts/Concerns?
    I am praying for good results today- then I think I might be able to relax a little more!

Questions:

Taking my daughter to see Beyoncé in September in New Orleans 
    B)  we are making a family vacation out of it so my hubby and stepson will come too as well as our friends, but just the girls are going to the concert
  • Options
    @smillsy FX for a great US today!  I'm so jealous you're going to New Orleans!!! I've always wanted to go.  I hope you and your daughter have an awesome time at the concert!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Options
    @smillsy Hoping all goes really well at your ultrasound today!
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    Thank you guys! We saw the heartbeat! Now I hope I can relax a little bit. The heart rate was 112 and baby was measuring 6w1d. I’m 6w2d based on date of FET so I think that sounds pretty good  :)
  • Options
    @smillsy I'm glad everything looks awesome! Yay for a hb!
  • Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver I am planning on making my OB appointment as soon as I get word from my RE on the date of my next ultrasound. I’m going to call my OB and ask when they want to see me, but I would advise calling soon if you are choosing a new OB so that you have time to get on their schedule. 
  • Options
    Hey Girls!  Mind if I join you here?  I think I've outgrown my IVF board -- there is very little activity since everyone seems to now be waiting to do an FET and has switched boards.

I just had my first ultrasound today and we found out that we are having twins!!!  I'm a twin myself, so I'm so excited that my children get to experience this unique relationship themselves.  My twin sister and I are super close, she even was in the room with me when we did the transfer since my DH couldn't make it.

7 weeks 1 day - Due November 27, 2018

How are you feeling?
    Extremely tired all the time.  I'm basically useless at work.  I'm going to have to cave in and tell my boss soon so he knows why I'm being such a crappy employee right now.

Luckily no morning sickness... just tired a a bit light headed most mid-mornings when I get hungry after my breakfast wears off.

8 week u/s next week, then 9 week bloodwork to determine gender and chromosome problems, then final 10 week u/s with my RE on May 3rd.  I'm going to miss her.

Thoughts/Concerns?
    I refuse to discuss baby name options with my DH yet.  We are both lawyers, and it was such a fight/extreme negotiation when we named our dogs (we have 3) in the past, so I can't imagine this will be any easier.  My DH is not one to just let me choose (even though I'm the one doing all the work!), he's the type that has to have a say in everything.  He kept trying to ask my about names today, but I told him that I don't even want to tell him my baby name ideas until we know the gender (why fight over a girl name if we are having boys...amiright?).  

Questions:
    None.

Sorry - this is pregnancy related - My dad is in town next week and we are going to dinner with him, my sister and my sister's husband (my mom died when I was 18, so I just have my sister and my dad).  I plan to tell him the news then.  He's not an overly excitable person, so I'm not doing anything cutesy to surprise him (could get awkward), I'm just going to tell him straight up and show him the u/s pictures.  He may cry... who knows.

Me: 32, DH: 34
    3 fur babies - Cali: 10, Lily: 8, Gus: 1
    TTC: 2+ Years
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    IVF March 2018: BFP Twins due 11/27/2018 

• Options
    @josiepasta welcome over to the 1st tri thread!  How fun to be a twin and have twins.  The family dinner sounds like a great way to break the news to your dad.

We told my dad last weekend for his birthday.  We put a blastocyst picture in a baby's first Christmas frame since we're due in December.  It took him a minute to get it, but now he's super excited.

I'm 6weeks today and just had my 3rd beta blood draw this morning.  Not sure why my clinic puts these a week apart.  Hoping to schedule first ultrasound next week when I talk to the nurse this afternoon.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    @josiepasta Welcome! Glad to have you! Congrats on twins!!!  
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Options
    8 weeks 6 days / EDD Nov. 17

How are you feeling?
    Exhausted and nauseous.  I went to a nice dinner with my hubby last night and threw up twice at dinner.  I'm so happy to be pregnant though, that it just entertains me.

Not until 4/24. 

Thoughts/Concerns?
    I'm traveling alot over the next couple of weeks and just hope that gummy bear hangs in there.  I'm scared about going to my next US and not seeing a heartbeat.  

Questions:
    Yes!!  I'm going on a trip to Paris next week and am really looking forward to that!  I'm also moving at the end of April.  All good things!!
    TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • Options
    @radmom27 Enjoy Paris!!  How exciting.

Quick Update on this morning's bloodwork.  HCG at 5,932 so we're progressing as expected.  Have the first ultrasound scheduled for next Friday morning.  So excited for ultrasound!!
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    Welcome @josiepasta!!!

@radmom27 Paris!!! That's amazing! I'm jealous! Such a cool city!!!

@ChristenMA83 yay for another great beta! 
  • Options
    IlkyIlky member
    Hi ladies, I can't believe I can finally join a group like this!  o:)<3:#

@ChristenMA83 your number is great! when is the first ultrasound scheduled?

AFM
    How far along are you? / EDD: Today is 5w2d EDD is December 12 (I believe, have to confirm)

How are you feeling?: Great! I had some cramps and sore breasts for a while but they are now gone, except for occasional cramp or twinge. Oh I have these awful night sweats but the Dr. said its normal due to progesterone. No food aversions, nausea or morning sickness. Yet! Just had the first ultrasound this morning and were able to see the gestational sac. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Going back next week to see the yolk sac. Dr. said in two weeks we'll be able to see/hear the heart beat but I hear girls hearing it earlier. So not sure why he said that. 

Thoughts/Concerns?: Always worried. As if waiting for the awful news and cant believe I'm finally pregnant. I'm hoping most of my worries will vanish once I hear the heart beat and know it measures as expected. 

Questions: Has any of you saw the yolk sac during 5 week ultrasound, if you had it?

QOTW: Do you have any (non-pregnancy) events coming up that you're really looking forward to? (or not!): Umm not really. My hubby became a psycho and doesn't let me do anything. He thinks I should rest all the time. I feel trapped lol. Its good for a while but I'm getting irritated as I love being outdoors, plan trips, etc. He said he wont even consider flying anywhere for the duration of the pregnancy!! told you he is crazy lol

• Options
    @Ilky welcome and congratulations on your baby bean!! I am the same way, always waiting for bad news to come! I have my 7 week US next week and should be able to see heartbeat. Then I'm hoping I can relax a little! I went for my first US at 5 weeks 3 days and we saw gestational sac and very faint you sac. So I'm sure you'll see yours next week! And probably the fetal pole too!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Options
    @ilky welcome! So happy to have you here!  Our ultrasound is next Friday 4/20.  Our RE doesn't do them until week 7.  I'm the same as you with fear - hoping we get a heartbeat next week and I can finally feel like this is happening for real.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN