TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Week of 4/9

Sorry the GTKY is off the wall (and hopefully not offensive)... I've seen too many of these and asked my co-workers for help (bad idea apparently). LOL.

1. Introduce yourself (if new):
2. Status?
3. R/R:
4.GTKY: If you were stranded on an island, what 2 people would you bring with you? If you then had to cannibalize someone to stay alive, who would you take out first (or would you sacrifice yourself/be taken out by one of them/starve to death)? 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

Re: TTCAL Week of 4/9

• 2. Status? WTO. 
    3. R/R: Captains Log. Cycle Date 25. WTO. Spirits are decently high, timing is looking good. CM is on point and temps remain low. If we could just actually O and get this show on the road, that would be great... before morale plummets.
    4.GTKY: If you were stranded on an island, what 2 people would you bring with you? If you then had to cannibalize someone to stay alive, who would you take out first (or would you sacrifice yourself/be taken out by one of them/starve to death)?  I would take DH and my sister. I would probably need DH to survive, so I'd probably cannibalize my sister first. Arguably, it may be better for the group if I got cannibalized first as my survival skills are sub-par, but I have too much fight in me to just go along with that. Although if I were going to be stranded on an island knowing I'd have to cannibalize someone eventually, there's definitely this obnoxious a$$ at work that I'd bring along with DH, and I'd take him out in a second. 

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• 2. Status? WTO

3. R/R: CD3 and I feel like I'm going to need a transfusion soon. Okay, maybe not that bad but I think I'm gonna start taking an iron supplement for the rest of the week. I don't want to go to training tomorrow but I put it off due to the loss and then weather so I really need to just suck it up and go. I have nothing to rave about today. 

4.GTKY: If you were stranded on an island, what 2 people would you bring with you? If you then had to cannibalize someone to stay alive, who would you take out first (or would you sacrifice yourself/be taken out by one of them/starve to death)? Sheesh this is morbid lol. Well, I'd probably bring DH and his best friend. They could probably last quite a while. As far as the cannibalizing...DH and I have discussed this before (thats normal right?). I would likely sacrifice myself because I don't think I could eat someone else. DH has given me permission to though, should it ever be needed.
  • Loading the player...

• 2. Status?TWW 11 or 12 DPO 
    3. R/R: BFN this morning so not looking good for me again 
    4.GTKY: If you were stranded on an island, what 2 people would you bring with you? If you then had to cannibalize someone to stay alive, who would you take out first (or would you sacrifice yourself/be taken out by one of them/starve to death)? I would take DH and my son.  I would sacrifice myself for them.  I’m pretty sure DH would say the same.  
  • bethica83bethica83 member
    edited April 2018
    2. Status? WTO .... (Edit: CD1)

3. R/R: In general, I'm getting impatient. Come on body, do whatever you're gonna do...

I am 4 weeks out from my D&C today. Had my hCG confirmed at 5 at the end of last week. Tons of CM but it isn't egg white consistency yet - seems to be transitional. Last week I had a lot that was dry, tacky, and white. Freaked me out but it seems to have been normal (had it checked out at Urgent Care) - just more than usual, probably due to the D&C.

Temps are at coverline and have been since 2 days post surgery except for a spike over Easter weekend which I think was mostly a lack of sleep/alcohol induced spike (annual winter getaway with the hubby's friends). Went back to coverline right away after that.

I'd really like AF to arrive this week so we can get back to TTC but I am feeling like I might ovulate this week instead. We'll see. We're in the NTNP camp for now until AF arrives or until AF fails to arrive and I get a BFP.

**ETA looks like I get my wish... AF  appears to have arrived exactly 28 days post D&C. Not sure I ovulated but hey at least this is the same 28 day cycle I am used to.**

4.GTKY: If you were stranded on an island, what 2 people would you bring with you? If you then had to cannibalize someone to stay alive, who would you take out first (or would you sacrifice yourself/be taken out by one of them/starve to death)? 

I'd say my husband and my sister but I don't really want to cannibalize them. I don't think any of us would do it until someone was too weak to survive. I am the smallest and would probably starve first so it's likely to be me. 
  • 2. Status? 10DPO
    3. R/R: Rant:  BFN this morning, so blah.  First RE consult was today and other than requisitions from a bunch of tests, quite pointless.  The doctor said that we didn't fit the definition of "infertile" because I can get pregnant easily.  Rave: um...H and I went for a totally unhealthy lunch after the appointment, so that was yummy.  And despite it still being below 0, the sun it out :)
    4.GTKY: If you were stranded on an island, what 2 people would you bring with you? If you then had to cannibalize someone to stay alive, who would you take out first (or would you sacrifice yourself/be taken out by one of them/starve to death)?  Oh boy.  I'd take H and probably my Dad.  I don't really eat meat to begin with, so they'd be safe from me dining on them!  They could eat me if needed.  Ew.

• @dpjennifer this GTKY is hysterical!
    2. Waiting for AF so we can officially start trying again! Took my last pill yesterday, so I’m hopeful it will be any day now!
    3. Just excited to be off the bench and have some spring weather comin our way this week!
    4. I would take my DH and our DD. I would sacrifice myself, one because anything else is too disgusting to imagine and two because I’m pretty sure he would be way better at the survival thing then me!
  • prpl11butterfly I love that you and DH have discussed this GTKY!

char245 Thank you! I was trying to come up with something unique to start a light-hearted discussion.

FYI, for the record… DH said if it were between himself, me, and my sister on the island, he would eat me first because I have more muscle and am taller than my sister, thus more meat. After that he’d probably cannibalize my sister pretty soon afterwards because he’d just want some gd-d@mned peace and quiet (DH is pretty much a solitude, leave-me-alone, type of guy). LOL!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer we have some strange talks. He's actually ordered to shoot me with my own gun should a zombie apocalypse occur. He's told me he won't do it and justifies that by not knowing how to open my safe :joy:
  • 2. Status: Benched, CD21. Only 9 more days of this waste of a cycle!

3. Rant: This rain is getting to me. It’s supposed to be spring and there’s no sunshine in sight. Rave: Husband is back from his trip! Yayyy!

4. GTKY: I see no restrictions on having to know the people personally, so... I’d leave all my loved ones safe at home and bring Bear Gryllis and Elon Musk. Elon would work on getting us off that GD Island with his engineering/tech magic, while Bear could find us food and keep us safe. If we had to cannibalize anyone, it would be Elon Musk, because if we get to that point it means he’s failed at getting us anywhere and he’s useless.
  • @grebretso lmao that is a fantastic plan for being stranded.  Glad hubby is back and a new cycle is starting soon! 
  • @grebretso GREAT answer to the GTKY! I love it. 
  • grebretso  BEST. ANSWER. EVER!!!!!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer this week's GTKY is great! I read it last night and was going to post but really wanted to think hard on my answers. I went to bed wondering who I would cannibalize...

2. TWW. Should be seeing AF in the next few days. Just booked a last minute trip to Vegas this Sunday so I won't be terribly disappointed if/when she comes

3. Been house shopping for an investment property and we found the cutest little rancher but we felt it just wasnt perfect for investing so didn't jump on it and now it's gone and we are sad. We have to remember it's just an investment property, not our home. 

4. Oh boy. Let's see, after much thought, I have a question. Before I go to this island do I know I'm going to have to cannibalize someone sooner or later? Or do I just assume we will all be laying in hammocks made out of palm leaves and playing beach volleyball with coconuts only to then find out we are getting hungry? I'm guessing the latter. So in that case, I would definitely bring DH and although my second choice would normally be my sister, she's a single mom so I'd hate to tear her away from her son. So I would bring one of my very good friends. I'm pretty sure both my friend and DH would never cannibalize me so I would start the trend. I'd definitely begin with the friend and hopefully then DH and I would fall asleep in each other's arms after a good feed and die silently together from some weird poison that I'm assuming one would get from eating human flesh. 
    If by chance it is the first scenario where I knew I would have to cannibalize someone sooner or later, I would definitely bring my MIL. That lady wouldn't stand a week on a stranded island. Second choice would be Tom Hanks, he did it once, surely he can get us off the island a second time. 

• I changed my mind, I’m bringing @grebretso because she has excellent ideas! 
  • Yeah @grebretso wins for best answer!  I never thought about people outside of family 
  • @char245 don't bring @grebretso !! Her brilliant ideas would definitely keep her alive, which means you stand a pretty good chance of getting eaten
  • Haha thanks everyone. @char245, you should definitely NOT bring me! Might sound like a good idea on paper, but I’m wimpy and scrawny and would be of no help in a physical situation. Plus, I wouldn’t even be a good dinner since I have zero muscle mass! :D
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if new):
    - mostly a lurker...but 4 months post MC getting close to a year TTC
    2. Status?  Tww 10dpo... feel like I'm out already
    3. R/R:  rant!  Called the Obgyn I used for the MC I went thru... explained it's going on a year of TTC with 1 MC... would like to be seen to see if any issues can be found.  Apparently I'm not an established gyn patient, so at the pap appointment she" can explain how I can chart,  use ovulation tests,  ECT. " I said Ummmm...Been doing that since going off the pill last May. I have to start somewhere, right?

Hubs and my sis.   I'd have to sacrifice myself,  if I think of where meat comes from I lose my appetite.
  • 40momma LOL. I love how much thought you put into the GTKY! I was trying to come up with something kind of fun, but thought provoking and conversational... :) 

furmama1986 Sorry you're reaching a year TTC and are stressed about it. Also, that sucks that you aren't considered an 'established' patient at your Obgyn! Sounds like maybe you need to try to get 'established' however that happens there? Also, I don't want to burst your bubble, but usually they don't consider you in need of testing until a year of TTC withOUT any PG... and most count a MC as a PG, because you were able to get PG once. Now, if you're AMA, you can do it with 6 months, so 6 months trying after your first MC they can see you! Also, remember that 1 year is 1 complete year of trying... so all the time you were PG before the MC won't 'count' and neither will any time you spent on the bench after your MC. I know it can be disheartening, and I know it can feel like forever, especially after a MC... 

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer

From reading these boards,  I was guessing they would be counting from the MC.  It just felt good to write down my frustrations. 
  • @furmama1986 I knew my OB was going to tell me all those annoying “rules” so I went straight to a RE without consulting with my OB. Which is obviously not for everyone, but my point is if you don’t like the advice they give you (all the things you’re already doing and already know) you might want to look for someone more willing to talk about next steps. 
  • furmama1986  Yeah, not usually from what I've heard. Although it's difficult to say with certainty because I swear every OB-Gyn and RE is completely different... it's like this field of health hasn't actually advanced in decades... But yeah, write out those feelings!  It definitely helps the process of working through all of this!!!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @furmama1986 I would recommend calling your insurance company about it (if you’re going through your insurance). Mine required 1 year of trying, but that included the 2 benched months after my MC, and having an additional CP in February didn’t count against ‘infertility’ for treatment purposes. The 3 months I was pg didn’t count towards the ‘trying’ total. 

Unfortunately, a lot of this stuff is guided by state regulations and individual insurance plans, so reaching out to insurance is the best way to find out what qualifies in your case. It was a tough convo to have, but the lady on the phone was helpful. 
  • Thanks for the tips!
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if new): not new, MMC last September, basically our first cycle off the bench since then 
    2. Status? TWW, 9dpo
    3. R/R: I honestly don't have too much of a rant (there's a shocker) apart from just being pessimistic about this cycle with my one giant follicle that I ovulated.  I'm on progesterone so I'm also attributing any "symptoms" (although there honestly aren't many) to that, which keeps my brain in check a little.  Won't test until Tuesday at 14dpo and just get it over with all at once.  Rave - I work in a school and in the northeast we do a Feb week of vacation and an April week.  We're at parent conferences until 8 tonight but then our vacation starts!  Staycation for me since DH is working and we're pretty financially tapped after everything lately, but it will be nice for a break nonetheless!
    4.GTKY: If you were stranded on an island, what 2 people would you bring with you? If you then had to cannibalize someone to stay alive, who would you take out first (or would you sacrifice yourself/be taken out by one of them/starve to death)?  I could NEVER eat a person (there's a sentence I didn't think I'd type today LOL), so I'd be sacrificed.  I would bring one of my great friends that's been really supportive through this process and hubby.  

@dpjennifer I am losing it at the GTKY... I think it's fun and livens things up around here a bit!  LOL!  

@furmama1986 There are so many DIFFERENT avenues to get to an RE... I had PCOS confirmed by my OB about six weeks after my MC, so my PCP was willing to give me a referral based on that regardless of time.  My insurance also didn't give two figs about requirements as long as the referral was in place, but I went out of state (I live very near a border) to another clinic and OH MY GOODNESS was that a nightmare to get set up.... and laughable since insurance won't cover any of the treatments anyway.  They've even recently told me which pharmacy I had to use for my progesterone and then refused to pay for it, sooooo uhhh.... I'll be going where I want for OOP.  That got pretty tangential but moral of the story is every doc is so different in what they will refer and what referrals they will accept.