June 2018 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in April

I thought we could do a check-in for this month to see how everyone’s doing. We are getting so close!! 

@profmcgonagall thinking of you in particular how are you holding up? 

Re: PGAL check-in April

• Options
    Thanks for starting @katie121209
    I’m doing good. I’m actually loving doing the kick counts this time as they give me something to focus on a couple times a day and remind myself that everything’s going fine (with my first I took my easy pregnancy so for granted).
    Lots of Braxton Hicks, a couple of definite contractions. 
    I did have a scare with spotting last week but my OB checked me and cervix is still closed. 

@profmcgonagall how’s bedrest treating you?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @katie121209 @2589, thanks for checking up on me. Bedrest is boring but it’s going well so far. No more labor symptoms as of yet.
    I think the worst part is the waiting. Will it happen today, tomorrow, in 6 weeks? My poor DH says that he panics whenever his phone rings at work in case it’s me. 
    I’m 27+5 today which is 12 days more than I thought we had the day I was admitted. Every day is a gift to us because it means he’s more developed and more likely to survive with little deficits. 

@2589, so happy the spotting was nothing. I hope your Braxton Hicks call down a bit. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    katie121209katie121209 member
    edited April 2018
    @profmcgonagall so glad you aren’t having any more labor symptoms right now! Fx for more and more days passing. What are you doing to keep yourself occupied?

@2589 the spotting is scary but glad everyThing is ok. You have had real contractions in addition to the BH? That’s intense! 

I should probably start doing the kick counts.  I’ve just been going with oh yeah I felt baby move a lot this afternoon, but I need to be more exact with it. 

Edited to add I’m 31 weeks today which feels crazy. My c section is exactly 8 weeks from today. 
  • Options
    @katie121209, mostly reading and binging shows on Netflix.DH did buy me crochet supplies so I need to start learning how to do that 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    @katie121209 the kick counts have felt more therapeutic to me this time. The days I haven’t had time to focus on doing it, I eventually have an oh sh*t have I felt the baby moving today moment. But my OB is now recommending to do them AM, PM and evening which I initially thought was overkill, but the days I do that I feel much more calm and in control. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't checked in on one of these threads for quite some time, so hope it's ok to chime in this month.

I still find myself getting nervous at times. I don't think I'll ever feel 100% sure that everything will be okay until the baby is in my arms. I'm a FTM and had a relatively early loss, but I still can't seem to shake the "PGAL feeling" even though I'm so close to finish line. Some days baby movements take my breath away - then others seem relatively quiet and subdued. Sometimes it's difficult to not focus on all the things I could be doing wrong; for example, my left hip kills at night and my ribs are getting achy on that side, so I often flip onto my right. I know it's still safe but anything I've read/heard that suggests otherwise makes me doubt myself in those quiet moments.

Glad we are all doing well so far and that everyone is still baking!
    BabyFruit Ticker