June 2018 Moms
Options

Last Week of June DD Check-In [April]

We're all in/almost in 3rd tri, guys! Woo!

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally/physically)?

What have you been doing to prepare for baby?

Anything you're putting off to the absolute last minute?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Last Week of June DD Check-In [April]

• Options
    Woooo third tri!! And also :flushed:

I'm still feeling good. I'm definitely noticing changes though as the bump gets bigger. It's starting to get more difficult to bend over or sleep or do other things. Luckily I'm not experiencing any other horrible symptoms right now so I'm hoping it'll just be the general uncomfortable-ness of getting bigger lol. Mentally/emotionally I've been good and fluctuate between being really excited that we're nearing the end and terrified that OMG there's gonna be a baby here lol. 

Crib is here and assembled, dresser/changing top will hopefully be here soon. We need to move the bed out of that room (previously used as guest room). We installed new blackout blinds. Still need to get decorative things but I have a general idea of what I want. Also need to clean out the closet since right now it's storing my nice china lol. My shower is in 3 weeks so after that I can make a list of what we still need to buy. I signed up for a few birth/baby classes at the hospital including the tour so we go to those in May. 

We were going to do wills before she was born but decided to wait until after because we'd just have to update them when she's actually here anyway. But we haven't really decided/discussed who we will name as her guardian in the event that anything happen to both of us. We keep kinda bringing it up in passing conversations but not actually deciding lol. So I guess we've been putting that off. 

DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emiliadkay Can I vote and say you should do, "Surprise!  We are with Child!" :lol: I would die to see what people say haha 12 weeks sounds crazy for a birthing class too!  I think ours with DD was a day lol
    @elsie42 Right there with ya with the will.  We are waiting until the summer to add this LO too.  It is so hard to figure out a guardian!  DH and I are kinda opposed to who we want too.  Being an adult is a struggle bus.

AFM:
    Mentally - I'm just trying to make it through the rest of the school year.  Its been quite stressful, and I plan on drinking a bottle (or two) of wine this summer to make up for not being able to this year.  Also, mentally freaking out that we're in third try already.  Like, how did that happen??
    Emotionally - Hanging in there.  I get sad knowing we're going to completely rock DDs world, but I see how she is with other kids, and then I get excited.  I'm emotionally drained with being pregnant too.  I just want my body back.
    Physically - I'm okay, minus my hip/back pain, but the heating pad helps a lot.  And seriously, this kid needs to get outta being transverse.  I feel like he's going to rip my sides open.  

We have a lot from DD, so I've been picking things up here and there.  I do try to look for diaper deals, or at least pick up a box now since I know money will be tight when we're paying for 2 in daycare.  Need to finish his room, and organize crap.  I get my amazon discount on the 17th too, so need to go through all that fun.  

Deciding how to give birth? haha I have until week 36 to decide VBAC vs RCS.  I plan to use every second of it.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    izza2izza2 member
    @emiliadkay - I'm team wait until baby's here, lol. The important people know you're expecting, and you may end up bombarded with a bunch of people messaging you if you announce now. Might as well save those messages for when you can ignore them without needing to explain why! :tongue:
    @elsie42 - bending down? What is that? :lol: I do a weird half bend half squat thing when I need to grab things off the floor.
    @sunshineandwhiskey - Do you like fruity summer drinks? My plan is to have a few this summer to celebrate everything. I'm craving like an alcohol slushy, lol.

AFM: I'm doing good overall. I've been a lot worse before, hah. Terrified and excites that LO will be here in just a short while!

We've been working on the nursery and hope to have that done by this weekend or Monday. I want the boxes of furniture out of my bedroom, lol.
    Other than that we haven't done anything! Birth class is next weekend, but they never charged me for it so I have to call and see wtf is up with that.

We're putting off everything else until after the shower. Once that's over we'll take stock of clothes and organize everything, then finish actually preparing for LO.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @izza2 DH's family has this whiskey slush that is to die for.  I definitely plan to consume many of those! haha. Hopefully you can get things figured out with your birth class too!  That is odd they did not charge you.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @emiliadkay, I say wait at this point. 

I’m doing ok. I’ll be in 3rd tri on Sunday. I think I might have the latest due date of everyone. 
    If you missed it, I am on bedrest now until baby is here. My RCS date is exactly 10 weeks away which sounds daunting bedrest wise, but I really do hope we make it that far. Emotionally, it sucks sitting around all day wondering if something bad is going to happen but physically I’ve been doing really well. 

DH worked on a lot of nursery things this past weekend. He painted the glider and put together the dresser. I have started washing clothes and all the used items we bought just in case he does make his appearance early. I know I won’t want to do it later if we are facing NICU time. 

I’m putting off all the baby classes until the last minute because I will feel a lot more comfortable leaving the house for extended periods of time once I’m farther along. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options

@profmcgonagall So sorry to hear about the bedrest. I can't imagine how old that will get, but you're right that every day it drags on is a victory. And you'll be the most well-read mama ever once LO is here!

@izza2 yesssss. We drove by a "margaritas-to-go" stand this weekend that sells every kind of adult slushy you could dream up. We're already sneaking into the 80s here and I can't wait for July. I'm excited your birth class is so soon! Let us know how it goes! And don't worry, I'm sure they'll be happy to take your money ;)

@elsie42 Oh right, a will. We need to do that. And the guardian decision is so daunting... my brother's expecting his first kid later this fall and he and his wife are the logical choice, but they live kind of far away and then I'd hate for them to feel pressured to name us as guardians in return. (I feel like I'm choosing a bridal party all over again.) Do you have any good options within the family? And are you and YH likely to agree on the best option?

@sunshineandwhiskey To VBAC or not VBAC is a hard choice! Which way are you leaning as of today? We have one of those maternity leave policies (or more accurately, a near total lack thereof) that pays through short-term disability so there are real financial consequences to the decision, but with you delivering during the summer break I'm guessing that's not an issue? Also -- I just re-did our budget this weekend so we could start adjusting for the (astronomical) cost of daycare, and the thought of having to pay for two kids at once is too depressing for words. Stash all the diapers you can!

• Options
    @emiliadkay we both have siblings but I don't think any of them are in the right place financially or lifestyle-wise to take care of a child. So probably the best choice would be either my parents or his parents but I'm not sure which is better/easier? I don't think it's something we'd disagree on but it's more just trying to figure out what the best option would be. What a morbid topic too lol. I know we can always change it as circumstances change too.  
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally/physically)? I'm tired all the time, but I think a lot of it has to do with everything that's going on. My baby sister is getting married so its been a lot of back and forth from NY to Ohio. My first June baby goes to speech twice a week and gymnastics so its a lot of time out of the house during the week. Plus still waiting to see what's going on with my husband. He originally had orders (active duty Army) to report to Korea for a year in September, well some stuff came up and were not sure whats going to happen now.

What have you been doing to prepare for baby? Not much besides going through and sorting my first daughters clothes so I can see what all we need in what size. We already know what carseat we want. I just have to decided if I want a brand new one or if I want to use the spare one that we keep at my grandma's house (we use to live in Texas and my daughter and I would fly home so we keep the exact same one we used at home there as well). I did call today about the missing part for our bouncer and they are sending a brand new one instead.

Anything you're putting off to the absolute last minute? Basically everything I don't want to buy a bunch of new stuff just to put it into storage in August/September if he does leave. If we don't find out by mid to late May we will just buy a pack-n-play for her to sleep in for the time being. Our first sleep in hers for the first 5 months since I was so sick and wanted her close to us. Plus she didn't like her crib.