Hematoma — The Bump
2nd Trimester

Hematoma

Hi there, I am 13 weeks and 4 days and they discovered a hematoma of 2,2 cm. They gave me 3 weeks rest as there is a risk of miscarriage... But reading about it, I am doubting about what I can do and what not. We have stairs between kitchen and bed/bathrooms, I would also like to sit in a car as a passenger. All of that is still okay or is it complete bedrest? This is day 2 and goig crazy already! Many thanks for commenting

Re: Hematoma

• That's a question for your doctor. I've never been on bedrest myself, but to me that means nothing besides getting up to go to the bathroom. Or maybe moving once from the bed to the couch/back to the bed. But I think there are different levels of bedrest. No one here can tell you what you can or can't do, you need to ask your doctor.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• CecilB93 said:
    That's a question for your doctor. I've never been on bedrest myself, but to me that means nothing besides getting up to go to the bathroom. Or maybe moving once from the bed to the couch/back to the bed. But I think there are different levels of bedrest. No one here can tell you what you can or can't do, you need to ask your doctor.
    +1, especially the bolded. I've known people for whom bed rest was mostly taking it easy, sitting a lot and not walking too much. 
    CecilB93BusinessWifekiki75
  • Talk to your doctor. There are different degrees. I had a SCH and was put on pelvic bedrest at first, and when it wouldn't go away after two weeks they put me on strict bedrest where I wasn't able to leave the bed unless I had to use the bathroom or shower. 

If the doctor didn't specify that it's pelvic bedrest, I would assume it's the stricter version of bedrest unless they tell you otherwise

BusinessWife