Pregnant after IF
Options

1st Trimester Check-in | Week of April 2nd

How far along are you? / EDD

How are you feeling?

Any recent/upcoming appointments?

Thoughts/Concerns?

Questions:

QOTW: Have you made any purchases for baby yet?!  What do you love that you've already bought (or what are you looking forward to buying the most)?
Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
Started IF Feb. 2014
PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
IUI March 2015, BFN
IUI June 2015, BFN
IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: 1st Trimester Check-in | Week of April 2nd

• Options
    How far along are you? / EDD 12+1/ Mid-Sept with Twins

How are you feeling? Symptoms are easing a bit. Heartburn hasn't been bad for the past week, but still fighting some nausea and the ever present fatigue!

Any recent/upcoming appointments? My NT scan is Friday, then nothing until late April.

Thoughts/Concerns? Feeling a lot better emotionally this week after seeing healthy babies at 11+2. I would feel a lot better if I would start showing even a little!

Questions:

QOTW: Have you made any purchases for baby yet?!  What do you love that you've already bought (or what are you looking forward to buying the most)? I wouldn't let myself buy anything until 12 weeks, except I caved and bought a cute bunny book ( we raise bunnies) a few weeks ago. I'm ready to start stocking the nursery soon!

1st cycle of IVF started April 9, 2017. ER- 15R, 7M, 5F, 4 frozen, 1 transferred. BFN

May 2017- Hysteroscopy

June-August 2017- 2nd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 08/10/17. BFP, but ended in a chemical.

November 2017- Hysteroscopy

January 2018- 3rd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 01/25/18. BOLD BFP on a HPT on 1/31, Beta # 1 on 2/5= 721. Beta # 2 on 2/7- 1903. 6wk+3 day scan revealed twins!

I'm blogging about it here

• Options
    @Dragonfly6191 congrats on twins!!  and good luck w/your NT scan!  I'm surprised you're not showing yet, especially with twins, but I'm sure your stomach will pop any day now!

5 weeks 3 days / EDD Nov. 29

How are you feeling?
    Mostly ok; limited lower back pain and cramping

I had my first two betas last week and my first US is tomorrow
    Betas
    1st - Wed., 14dp5dt  966
    2nd - Fri., 16dp5dt  2005
    I did FET on March 14th; I'm super excited about my numbers but also anxious that they're bringing me in so early for US.  I'm afraid we won't see anything yet...

Thoughts/Concerns?
    Just worried that AF is going to come any moment - trying to stay positive though!

Questions:
    Any tips for settling down so I can actually focus at work and other stuff that needs to get done?  I feel like baby is on my mind 24/7

QOTW: Have you made any purchases for baby yet?!  What do you love that you've already bought (or what are you looking forward to buying the most)?
    We bought a stuffed baby bunny before my FET and he's been with us for every step of the process.  Hopefully this time the magic holds on and baby bunny will become my baby's first stuffed animal!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    7 weeks 3 days/EDD 11/17/2018

How are you feeling?
    Not bad!  Heartburn, sore breasts and occasional nausea. 

Not until 4/24 :(  

Thoughts/Concerns?
    I had some heavy cramping that woke me up on Saturday night but didn't have bleeding.  I've had multiple early miscarriages so any ache makes me nervous. 

Questions:

I haven't bought anything yet...I probably won't until mid 2nd trimester.  
    TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • Options
    7w4d/11/15
    How are you feeling?
    not great. MS is killing me, my boobs hurt, and I'm exhausted
    I had an appt last Monday. Baby measured 6w1d and had a hb of 120. My next appt is April 17th
    Thoughts/Concerns?
    I'm just trying to make it past all of my loss milestones. Basically, I live one week at a time.
    Questions:

I haven't bought anything and most likely will not until I got 2nd tri.
  • Options
    5 weeks, 4ish days; EDD: 12/1

How are you feeling?
    Fine- some lower back pain and tiny bit of nausea 

April 11- first US. 

Thoughts/Concerns?
    just consumed with thinking about this baby! Hard to focus on my graduate work.

Questions:

QOTW: Have you made any purchases for baby yet?! 
    Nothing yet. Want to wait until 2nd trimester :)
  • Options
    mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited April 2018
    7 weeks 5 days / November 15 @wildrainbow we have the same due date!!!

How are you feeling?
    Pretty good! Last week was rough. I had a lot of nausea and couldn't eat much. Saturday was awful. I had a raging headache and could barely keep anything down. Luckily I felt pretty good Easter morning and was able to eat some normal food with our families and wasn't running to the bathroom.

Had my first ultrasound last Friday :) Baby measured right on schedule with a heartbeat of 158. It was such an emotional, amazing moment seeing that little heart beating. I FINALLY felt like I could actually say the words "I'm pregnant!" after that appointment. I graduated from my RE that day (they call it Graduation Day hehe) and see my high-risk OB (I have Sarcoidosis, an auto immune disease) on April 24 for another ultrasound (NT scan I think) and visit. 

Thoughts/Concerns?
    Just having a little cramping. I know it's normal but it still freaks me out sometimes.

Questions:

A while back, before I was even pregnant, I bought a little long sleeve/pant onesie thing. I feel like I can't buy anything else until my second trimester, but with my first pregnancy I also bought something just before I got pregnant so I feel like it's okay.
  • Options
    9+3 today with a little girl

How are you feeling?
    Pretty good.  Actually a little worried now that my morning sickness and crippling exhaustion have gone away...

We announced to our family at the big Easter bash my sister throws every year.  Actually, it was at the Saturday pre-party.  My daughter wore a 'Big Sister' onesie under a cute jean jacket and it took people like 3 hours to notice!!   I took my sister aside when we first arrived to tell her, and held up my daughter so she could read the onesie.  She didn't get it at first--just commented on her belly and the flowers on the shirt.....then read it, and cried the ugly cry.  This is the sister who donated the egg to make our little one.  We're already plotting how to get her into the OR for the delivery.  She's worked as a doula in the past, so I think that will be our angle.

Had our OB intake last week, the day after our final RE visit.  Saw our little one, measuring slightly ahead (as 8 weeks 5 days when she was 8 weeks 3 days).  No more visits until next week, when I have a blood draw for the Prelude test.  We did the Natera panorama screen last time, but their test has issues when you have a donor egg, so we'll go with the Prelude instead.  We already did PGS testing, but they still recommend doing this because PGS looks at a single cell, and there's a small chance that the cell they took does not match the rest of the cells for the embryo.  Peace of mind is a good thing, so we're testing.

I won't get another US until our early anatomy scan (used to be Nuchal translucency US, but by changing the name a big apparently insurance covers it better??  That's what they told me, anyway).  Definitely looking forward to that one!

My OB says that once again I'll get weekly NSTs and US's starting at week 36 because I'm old.  We also get a fetal echo this time, because of the infinitesimal chance that IVF caused heart issues. 

Thoughts/Concerns?

Just worries over my sudden lack of symptoms and knowing that it will be weeks before I have assurance that things are actually OK.  I guess as long as there is no bleeding I shouldn't really be concerned....

Questions:

I think we have everything we need, since my eldest daughter is 10.5 months old now and we saved all of her baby things.  Hands down my most precious item from her is the Swaddle Up sleep suit.  I'll get another one of those, since we had so many issues with spitting up when she was little and had to wash it pretty much every day.
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    @rlbradford1sttimer we are pretty much at the same place!  I am 5 weeks 4 days today!  Good luck w/your US next week!  I had my first yesterday and they were able to see the gestational sac and yolk sac, but no fetal pole yet (it was too early).  Hopefully you'll have more to see!  And totally feel your pain w/focusing on work - I'm in grad school too and haven't finished a thing since I had my first beta!

@mechelita44 congrats on your US!  I'm glad everything is going well!

@PNW12RN Congrats on baby girl!  Stay positive!  Based on what I've read, some symptoms are supposed to go away towards the end of the first trimester, so hopefully you're just getting a little bit of a break!  
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Options
    How far along are you? / EDD I am 6w1d

How are you feeling? Tired and more tired!  I can hardly keep my eyes open.  I hang out on these boards to keep from falling asleep at work! Work is slow right now and will continue like this until the fall.

Any recent/upcoming appointments?  I graduated from my RE 4/2.  I am in Houston and they are 4 hours away in Dallas.  I had an appointment with a local OB on 3/30, so they were comfortable releasing me.  Wasn't thrilled about hearing I have to continue my shots until 11 weeks, but expected it.  I haven't gotten this far in the process before.

Thoughts/Concerns?  Other than fatigue and breast soreness, I don't have many symptoms.  I didn't with the others, so I guess I should consider myself blessed.

Questions:

I haven't made any purchases, but I did start a baby fund.  I am waiting for 2nd trimester to splurge.
    Me: 43  Hubs: 42 
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    3 Beautiful Girls: 17, 21, 23 (previous marriage)
    Tubal Reveral: 10/12
    Ecoptic: 3/13 (Lost Right Tube, Left Tube Blocked)
    IVF #1: 3/14  = BFN 
    IVF #2: 3/15  = BFN
    IVF #3: 6/15  = BFN
    FET#1: 11/17 = BFN
    Endometrial Scratch: 2/18
    FET #2: 3/18  = BFP! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Dragonfly6191 Congrats on the twins!
    @mag1cbeli3ver I transferred two days before you. Congrats!  Stay positive!
    @radmom27 & @wildrainbow Hang in there!  This time WILL be different!!!
    @rlbradford1sttimer I know the feeling.  I work and am in my graduate program.  Some days I regret that I started knowing I would be doing this.  When do you graduate?  What's your major?
    @mechelita44 & @PNW12RN congrats on graduating from your RE!  Huge milestone!!!
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver & @rlbradford1sttimer I'm right there with you on focus at work.  I'm pretty useless.  I have to force myself to get motivated.

@mechelita44 yay for seeing the baby last week!  Can't wait to get to that point. And congrats on graduating from the RE.

@pnw12rn what a fun way to announce to family.  

@amber1174 congrats on graduating from your RE.  The shots suck :( mine go through 10 weeks...but I realized last night that we're half way through those so I guess that's something.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83 Thanks and you’re correct!  11 weeks will be here in no time.
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    6w3d/November 28

How are you feeling? Sore boobs, all day heartburn, some food aversions and nausea, headaches and being tired 

April 9th-first Ultrasound 

Thoughts/Concerns?
    Scared about seeing nothing on the ultrasound 

Questions:

I won’t make any purchases until the 2nd trimester. I’m looking forward to buying my first outfit!