June 2018 Moms

Rants {April}

Re: Rants {April}

• @ffw0617 Oh no! Did it make you not want to eat salad for awhile? Cause that's kinda where I'm at.
    @laceybee522 Yes! I started thinking about how many I had probably already ingested.  

Between the bug salad and my pedicure experience Tuesday, I told my husband that if I come down with an illness or blood disease, he'll know who to blame. 
  • izza2izza2 member
    Eff colds. They suck.
    Why is it that I went an entire freaking winter with no colds, and now that it's spring (and I'm still wearing my jacket because I didn't want to get a cold), I have a damn cold? That's not cool.
    At least the cough drops taste good.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Loading the player...
  • @izza2 Word, colds do suck. I've had a stupid sore throat and cough for a freaking week and if I don't stop sneezing soon, I'm gonna lose my mind.
  • izza2izza2 member
    @kfren - Does LO happen to kick you when you sneeze?
    Every time I sneeze Ivan kicks me and I imagine that's him telling me to GTFO and stop waking him up. :lol:

I hope you start feeling better! Sore throats are the absolute worst!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @kfren I’m so disturbed by the bugs. I just can’t.  :s

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @izza2 He hasn't yet, but I'm sure the time will soon come. You feel better soon, too!
    @2589 IKR?!?! I know I have to have eaten bugs before, but it's different when you know about it  :s
  • @izza2 my household somehow made it all winter without a cold or virus... with a kid in preschool! (Germs everywhere!) then april gets here and my 2 guys have been congested and coughing for 2 weeks now. And my kids been down with a stomach thing for 2 days on top of it. I thought we were so close to being in the clear!! I'm over here praying i can pull off a miracle and avoid BOTH these and can say I truely escaped sick season while pregnant lol. 
    Hope you feel better!!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @kfren not really. I’m generally a salad lunch eater. Prepregnancy my weekday meals consist of fruit & veggie smoothies and possibly some eggs for breakfast and a salad with protein for lunch, at dinner i’d eat cereal, ice cream, chicken, stew beef, french toast, eggos, burgers, etc. So I’m one of those ppl the only way I’m eating veggies is a lunch salad so I couldn’t let that one experience stop me. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • @kfren I once ate an entire container of strawberries only to discover the last berry was covered in tiny white spiders.  I now inspect the hell out of strawberries, lol
  • @bearmoons omg! I soak my fresh produce in vinegar & water when i bring it home and bag it in ziplock bags. That visual just made me push back lunch though 
  • We use to have an issue with imported grapes in my city. There would be - typically dead - black widow spiders.

I never encountered it, but a friend of mine was rinsing her grapes and found one! Again, they're typically dead but omfg
  • Yuck, sounds like a crappy situation @izza2.  The next person that asks you about the shower I'd say that your mom (or SIL) has the details and then give them your mom's number.  Say you're staying out of the planning so it doesn't reflect on you.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @izza2 complain away! I totally understand how you feel because on the one hand you want to be grateful that someone offered, and you know you'd feel a little sad if no one had, but it's almost worst to have someone offer, get your hopes up, and then bail on it because it draws attention to how little energy/effort they're putting in. I'm sorry you're dealing with it, but one way or another it will end, and then you won't have to think about it anymore lol.
  • @izza2 It sounds like you have every right to complain. I'm sorry they got your hopes up and that your mom is trying to make it more about her. You shouldn't have to get involved with planning, other than to confirm your availability, confirm your guest list, and confirm a theme/games you want to play, etc. It looks like if you want this to happen, they might need a reality check. They have to realize that the clock is ticking and even though you've had a lot of people asking, without knowing what to tell them, it might just be better to call it off. The baby will be here relatively soon and you kinda need to know what necessities you're going to have to buy if the shower doesn't happen. I don't know if that would maybe get them in gear, or have the opposite effect.
  • @izza2 I’d just ask your SIL when invites are going out, and tell her several people have asked. I don’t really understand the whole the hostess gets to pick who to invite thing. Every shower I’ve been involved with we get the guest list from the guest of honor and that’s who we invite. No extras. Where people feel they have free reign to invite who they want I don’t understand, its not their party it shouldn’t matter who they want to invite. If they have a problem with that they can have their own event. 
  • @bearmoons @misskittydanger omgosh stoooopp! I don't look through the containers. Just put it in the fridge and wash the ones i take out to eat. But now, yikes!

@izza2 how frustrating. If nothing else, a venue needs booked. Spring is a busy time, places could be booked. I know its not a requirement for people to throw something for you, but if it was me and it was my mom (wouldn't do it to friends or even SIL) I'd be on her none stop. Or telling her so n so keep asking etc.
    as for the crazy invites. Oh how I feel your pain. You should have seen my parents side of the guest list for our wedding. We had her semi under control for the baby shower. She invited friends that I've never met! Or friends that might have met me one time. I was like this event is not about YOU, it's US! But if I threw a fit, they weren't going to help pay for the reception. And we couldn't pay for it all, we did half. But I look back at pics from the table disposable cameras (lolol shows you how long ago that was) I still get angry cause i don't know people. 

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @catlady1215 I didn’t know 70% of the ppl at my wedding. At least half the guests didn’t even know how to pronounce my name. DH didn’t even both getting addresses to send out invitations he simply gave 75 invites to his dad and 75 to his maternal grandmother. They invited whoever they wanted. We didn’t bother doing RSVPs bc we knew whoever wanted to show up would. Traditional New Orleans wedding reception people see it as party Whoever wants to party just show up. My husband’s babysitter who hadn’t seen him since he was 4 yrs old was there, on the wedding video she doesn’t even know the name of the bride (me). But we knew I’d be like that. Its always like that in New Orleans. 
  • @LaceyBee522 totally! Grrr, why there?! Not the coveted birth announcements thread! It's like the holy grail of threads and the first "post" was that?!
  • @kfren I think its a great idea, but idk if its really worth it.  We will probably end up with lots of random people posting their birth story's anyway.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sunshineandwhiskey Maybe we can wait a few weeks until someone we actually know goes into labor? I just think it would be nice to have an untainted first post (because I am anal.)
  • FFFC - I probably won't post much as far as a birth announcement or labor story other than 3rd baby is finally here!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @LaceyBee522 I knooowww. There were 3 new posts on the thread by the time I saw it and I was convinced (+half excited, half scared) that something "real" was happening. What a waste.
  • @amys614 Hatching gif in spoiler because it wigged me out but reminded me of @bearmoons salad/spider talk

Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 yes! Yes, those are much much better than hatch! 

@sunshineandwhiskey ::barf:: 
  • @sunshineandwhiskey NOOOOoooo!!  Ick....haha.