November 2018 Moms
Options

Hyperemesis 8 weeks pregnant

edited March 2018 in November 2018 Moms
My boyfriend and I are having a disagreement. He has never researched hyperemesis but tells me it's curable if I just eat healthier. Which I can understand eating healthier as I am overweight. I already have 2 kids. I went through this with them. I had to take medicine with my second and now this one and was diagnosed with hyperemesis. I have to take reglan to get out of bed in the morning or I will be throwing up everything all day. My boyfriend is telling me that's what the doctors want me to think that I need to take a pill that could harm the baby. And that I just need to lose weight and eat healthier. With my daughter I lost 25lbs while pregnant. Yes I took zofran and it was a hard pregnancy with everything triggering my nasuea and vomiting. But she came out a healthy 6lbs 7os baby girl. I need someone to help me explain this in a way he can understand and also if I'm wrong in any way some one other than him please tell me. 

I should add my first two kids were with a different partner. So he hasn't had to see the beginning of finding out you have hyperemesis

Re: Hyperemesis 8 weeks pregnant

• Options
    Oooof girl ooof. I also have this and meds save my life. I would be punching him in the face. Tell him to talk to your dr. I’m sorry you’re going through this 
    nws
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lol @CopperBoom86

Agree with all of the previous comments.  Unfortunately, you can't convince an unreasonable person with reason and it doesn't sound like he is very open minded in any case.  I mean, really, what OB/GYN doctor prescribes medicine that would harm the very people and children keeping him/her in business?  What a strange conspiracy theory. 

If he cares, he can speak with your doctor (if you allow it) and/or do research on his own.  Give Kate Middleton as an example -- she was hospitalized/treated at least twice because hyperemesis is no joke... maybe he can relate better to that.

In any case, why is he so concerned with your weight, especially when you are pregnant?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Unless we're living in the 1950's and your doc is prescribing you Thalidomide, than I'm thinking your BF needs to get his head out of his ass.  Ugh... he might be a lovely guy, but he sounds like a massive tool.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV