October 2018 Moms

Re: WTF Wednesday!

• I am going to wtf to the unisom! I didn't sleep well the night before so I decided to take one last night and I ended up tossing and turning all night!
  • kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
    edited March 2018
    WTF to today. Schedule changes because someone wants to go part time, I am so sad about an outcome with one of my patients (and I am blaming myself, even though its not really my fault, but I still feel guilt), I have a massive headache because I keep not drinking enough water and its cold and rainy and I just want to go to sleep again.
  • Loading the player...
  • WTF to a cough that just won’t go away. I’d like, for once, to stay up with DH a little bit at night instead of rush off to sleep justbto ensure I get enough before the coughing fit inevitably happens. 
  • @kiwi2628 sorry about your patient! I'm sure you've done as much as you possibly could for them and they appreciate that!! I second the headache! Driving me crazy!! 

Wtf to phone calls before 8am?! I've been lucky to sleep in the last couple of weeks, that changes soon.. so when everyone else in the house leaves for work and the only phone is upstairs and starts ringing before 8 I rush up to get it and it's a freaking survey?! Seriously this early your going to ask me about who knows what because I hangup as soon as you say survey or questioner!! Once I'm up I'm up so no trying to sleep in for me today!! (I've been up on and off since DH left at 6am but at least I was still in bed and could try to sleep a bit.. not now)
  • WTF to work. We kick over to a new benefits plan year on Sunday. Having it coincide with a holiday is really sucking. DH and SS are off on Friday, but I have a ton I have to get done that day..that I can't do until then. 

I also have a huge to-do list and no motivation to do it.
  • Wtf to no sleep. How many nights in a row can I toss and turn. 

Also WTF DH?  You were suppose to finish DS’s car for the race today. He pulled it out for me last night. It’s cut, not sanded, and only has one coat of paint. Nothing else done. Hopefully Pinterest and some donuts can help because I don’t know what the heck I’m doing. 
  • Wtf to the fruit I just bought from the market near work that is totally spoiled! I even had a coworker confirm (smell) to make sure my sense of smell/taste wasn’t skewed.
  • WTF to work for sure. My boss is a mood and put me in a mood. UGH. 
  • Wtf to this head cold! My ds was up all night from it which means I was too! It’s hard to beat a sickness when you can’t sleep! It’s also annoying because he has his shots next week and they won’t give them if they are or have been sick. We live in a super small town so we have to travel to see his doctor and rescheduling is always a joke since the doctor is so busy! 
  • @linssears4 Oh, the hormonal acne. It's the absolute WORST and has maintained a presence on my face, while also migrating to my back. It's worse than puberty was.
  • @linssears4 oh yes the acne! Mine is getting out of control. I did not have this with DS...maybe it's a girl! LOL
  • I had crappy acne before thanks to PCOS but this is worse and I can't put any of my normal stuff on. 
  • WTF to my head cold and non-stop allergies. I've been stuffed up, sneezing and coughing for over a week now. Finally broke down and took claritin and it only took the edge off. I have to sleep propped up because I can't breath when I lay down

WTF to my co-worker who just quit with no notice. There were only 3 of us on our team and now he's gone. The other person is relatively new to the job so now more work is going to fall on me
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • WTF to my asshole friend that got pissed because I couldn't join her last minute due to other plans. Its not that hard to plan something with me but NO ONE seems to know how! Everyone I know wants to do things last minute! Hell no, your last minute activity is probably netflix, toddler, and icecream time for me on the regular I have to mentally prepare to be social. Blah.
  • coffee-saurcoffee-saur member
    edited March 2018
    Rats. I was diagnosed and treated for ITP about 2 years ago. I took a high dose of prednisone for about 6 months to bring my platelets back up and, thankfully, it has stayed up where it's supposed to. I finally went and got my blood drawn yesterday (i'm supposed to go once a month and I was way overdue) and they called today to say my platelets were still up where they should and I could go to getting a blood draw every three months! I called back to let em know I was preggers, and wondered if it'd change that... And it did :( I have to go every month still. I hate getting my blood drawn.  :s

DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Had my 12 week ultrasound today (all good). BUT I swear it was 15 full minutes before the tech said one word to me. I was just reading her face like a psycho. Took everything in me not to scream 'ummm, is baby alive in there?!' Finally she said baby wasn't cooperating and she was having a hard time getting the position she needed. But damn lady lol it should be common practice to say right away that ok, baby is good I'll just do my measurements now...
  • Wtf to my MIL making a big deal about trying to get me and DH comfortable being around the family (they have never treated me like family so we avoid them) she asked us to make an effort just a few weeks ago and said she would ask them too and I just found out DHs neice is having her 5th birthday celebration today and we aren't invited. They live on the same street as us lmao wtf.
  • @nayyohme Hahaha MIL's...am I right?!
  • Wtf bride? Your wedding is 6 months away and you want me to not only tell you if I’m getting hair and makeup done, but also send you pictures of HOW I want my hair done.... in 6 months? Um, I’m not even sure how long my hair will be in 6 months, and I definitely haven’t thought about how I want it styled. Also, makeup will depend on the condition of my face, if the wedding was tomorrow then yes, I definitely need a pro to hide this massive breakout. I’m hoping it will be gone in 6 months though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Does the acne get better overvthe course of this as hormones settle? I also have PCOS and have always dealt with it around my chin line but it’s been fairly well managed the past 4 years. Now it has just kicked into high gear again and I’m so sad!!! Anything to help it?????
  • @nayyohme ugh, in-laws (or someone family) can be the worst! My in laws are something else too. Maybe we should start a "stupid things family/in-laws say or do" post. I know that was a pretty well used thread as we progressed on my last bmb.
    I know I'll have stuff to add to it once we tell my in-laws. 

WTF to the never ending headache and DS's  sudden onset chest cold and clingy-ness. I'm so tired, and nothing stops this stupid headache. Also Ds doesn't want anything that isn't sitting on my lap today. I guess we are just accomplishing nothing today...
  • WTF evening congestion runny nose. I have had it for at least 4 weeks and I don't have a cold. Sleeping is a bit challenging and I am supposed to wear a mouthguard at night to protect my teeth from grinding... congestion + mouthguard = no sleep/no breathing so I haven't been wearing it. I have a sore jaw and found out I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. they will not be happy I haven't been wearing it! 
  • Wtf to my horrible luck. Yesterday DH truck broke down and he couldn’t get parts because I worked all day and had my car. So this morning he takes my car and I guess what. He hits a giant dirt clod or something (he doesn’t know what) and now my car is out of commission. His boss thankfully let him borrow a work truck and gave him this morning off so his truck is up and running again at least. Why does everything happen at once?!? And this stupid headache still won’t go away which makes everything so much worse. I just want to cry. 
  • @linssears4 I don't have PCOS, but have had hormonal acne for...ever. I was fortunate enough to go for years without it due to Spironolactone, but stopped taking that a year and a half ago so that we could safely TTC.

I'm hopeful that the cystic acne will decrease in the second or third trimester, but not holding my breath for it by any means. I think some of us just have to deal with it. Wish I had better information!
  • WTF to my boss who showed up 48 mins late to my face to face meeting at 8:30am to tell him I'm pregnant. After I had to practically beg for the meeting. He's in town for two days and his assistant just kept saying he would prefer to talk over the phone because he is busy, and I kept saying I rather speak to him in person as it is a personal matter and since he is in town. So I came to where he was meeting some other coworkers to meet with him 15 mins before to make it easier for him. Then he shows up late and I had a client meeting I needed to get to for 9:30. The stress of the situation made me all hormonal upset so I was in tears when he finally showed! So me telling him was me blurting out "The reason I'm in tears is I'm pregnant and hormonal!" He was happy and excited for us but it was NOT the professional way I had wanted to tell him! His wife is 8 months pregnant so he was laughing saying don't worry I know how hormonal you pregnant ladies get! 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• People have pointed out my worsening acne it's so damn rude. 
  • @linssears4 I had really bad hormonal acne with DD and sulfur-based products helped quite a bit. Unfortunately it didn't really get better later in the pregnancy. It also stuck around after I had her and cutting back on dairy  helped a lot at that point. 
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • edited March 2018
    I also have hormonal acne. It’s been pretty bad the last couple years - my dermatologist told me I’m too old for this and he thought I had a hormonal imbalance or ovarian cyst again, but all testing came back fine, so who knows what was going on.  *TW Multiple pregnancies and losses have not helped the situation at all - each one caused it to get worse, but after the loss it would get a little better **end TW**. I’m 10 weeks now and my symptoms in general seem to be lessening and the acne seems to be slowly improving, so I’m hoping 2nd tri brings better skin.

@nayyohme Not that it really matters, but do they know you’re pregnant?  People tend to lose their filter when they know you’re pregnant.
  • @purplegoldfish2 UGH, brides... I’m in a friends wedding in May 2019 and she drives me insane. Tells me to make sure I save up money because the dress, hair and make up are going to be costly. I just want to say really??? You think I’m a child and can’t  handle myself sh*t? 
    Oh, she also text me to see if I got her “save the date” in the mail. I told her yes. She asked me if I put it on my fridge. I told her it’s in the truck. She told me not to leave it in there..... HOLY EFF. Who does she think she is? 
    Rant over... lol.
  • Oh, she also text me to see if I got her “save the date” in the mail. I told her yes. She asked me if I put it on my fridge. I told her it’s in the truck. She told me not to leave it in there..... HOLY EFF. Who does she think she is? 
    Rant over... lol.
    Umm, you're in the wedding. It's not like you're going to forget! That's obnoxious.
  • edited March 2018
    @ohmotherofboys Mine texted me to ask me if I paid for my dress.... a week after I had texted her to tell her I paid for my dress. I almost told her that I went back and asked for a refund.  I’m also looking forward to the bridal shower that she and my mother are planning.  It will be at my mom’s house in August with no central air, but it’s ok because they have window ac units in the bedrooms and leave the door open. I tried pointing out that it’s August and there will be like 40 people there and they don’t think it’s a problem because “it’s not usually hot in there” with 2-3 people. 

ETA: at least this wedding isn’t too far away - I think I’d lose it if I had to deal with this for over a year.  Still, my mom stresses me out and having to deal with her isn’t going to be great while pregnant.
  • @purplegoldfish2 Frustrating! No pregnant woman likes being hot and crowded! Find a little battery powered mini fan! 

@SawyerRichardson Oh I know! I think she really just wants me to put it up because it is a magnet and she’s excited... I really didn’t need one though because like you said, I’m not going to forget lol. 
  • I was inches close to claiming my welcome box from amazon.. Ordered my $10 item last night & had to wait for it to be shipped to claim the box.. Just went to claim it low and behold they are once again out of stock.. It's starting to not even be worth it to me anymore. I'm gonna get tons of gifts at my shower.. What's a couple extra diapers and a cloth wrap gonna do for me.. Ugh
  • mesamyt said:
    In our house when we get a save the date card it gets put in our calendar and then thrown in the trash. The fridge is saved for spelling tests, random achievements, and unrecognizable drawing from our littles. You know, the really important stuff. 

I’m sorry for all who are dealing with acne. Although, I’m a Dr. Pimple Popper fan so I’m not that sorry.  ;)
    Exactly.. I have two children and my fridge is full of their art and the school calendar.. and stuff I have to actually remember for this year.. and I’m pregnant and grumpy... your save the date card is the last thing on my mind. Sorry not sorry lol. 
  • @purplegoldfish2 UGH, brides... I’m in a friends wedding in May 2019 and she drives me insane. Tells me to make sure I save up money because the dress, hair and make up are going to be costly. I just want to say really??? You think I’m a child and can’t  handle myself sh*t? 
    Oh, she also text me to see if I got her “save the date” in the mail. I told her yes. She asked me if I put it on my fridge. I told her it’s in the truck. She told me not to leave it in there..... HOLY EFF. Who does she think she is? 
    Rant over... lol.
    The wedding is in May 2019 and she already sent out save the dates??? 

Ive also been in weddings though where the opposite has happened and the bride has zero information about what the "plan" is and everything feels like it was thrown together at the last minute. 
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • @bel194 Haha, she has always been a plan every detail WAY ahead type person with everything. So I know nothing will be last minute with this wedding! 
  • I was inches close to claiming my welcome box from amazon.. Ordered my $10 item last night & had to wait for it to be shipped to claim the box.. Just went to claim it low and behold they are once again out of stock.. It's starting to not even be worth it to me anymore. I'm gonna get tons of gifts at my shower.. What's a couple extra diapers and a cloth wrap gonna do for me.. Ugh
    I got my Amazon box about a week ago.  Honestly, I liked it better than the baby list box. It had a onesie, a bottle, and a muslin swaddle in it among other things.