August 2018 Moms

GTKY Hidden Talents

So, what's your hidden talent? Everyone has to have something! 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: GTKY Hidden Talents

• Loading the player...
  • @calimom2524 I'm jealous of your Pinterest ability. 90% of my Pinterest projects look like my students did them. And not in a good way. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• oooh that's a good one @melissaf22 !  I can't tell you who sings anything, I'm horrible at guessing band names.
  • I can tell you who sings a song and what the songs name is from the 80’s and 90’s usually just by hearing the first 10 seconds. I also love to sing and was in a lot of state choirs in high school now I just hold performances in my car
    You would definitely win those contest that the radio stations have. 
  • @jsnakehole ooo I admire you, it definitely takes guts and skills to be a burlesque dancer. They posses a certain sex appeal that I admire. 
  • @7425cait totally envious that you can remember names! I'm TERRIBLE at it, especially with mommy/pregnancy brain.
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Ooh! I thought of a better one than my Super Nintendo skills. I am alarmingly good at facial recognition. I have to stop myself from doing a "I know you Hello" because where I'll recognize someone from 15 years ago, that isn't really normal and they won't recognize me. DH is always surprised at my ability for this and it comes in handy when we are wondering what that guy in this movie is from.

@derbysquirrel Kayaking is so much more difficult than it looks! DH and I attempted this when we were in Hawaii and pretty much failed. Do you go single or with other people?
    Image result for april showers meme

Hello from Detroit!

• @rocknrrollmom
    I solo unless in a tandem inflatable on class 3s or below. My dad is a fishing guide in Oregon, and my mom rows a raft and kayak. I got my first kayak for my 5th birthday, and started rowing the raft as a teen. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • melpropmelprop member
    edited March 2018
    I used to target shoot competitively in high school. I shot in a few .22 caliber team matches with my team, and we usually won. We were mostly girls, and it was fun to show the boys that girls can do a typical “guy” sport well. I shot a 500 yard match with my ex bf’s AR shooting team once and took 2nd place in the junior competition. I beat everyone but one guy on his team. 

I used to hunt more before DS was born, but it’s hard to hunt with a baby or little kid. Lol. So now DH does most of the hunting, and we both do the “gross” stuff and processing. I still love to fish, though, and I’m pretty good at it. I can’t wait to get the kayaks out this year and catch some fish before I’m too big to get in & out of the kayak. I’ve never flipped a kayak, not sure if that’s a superpower. 
  • Useful hidden talents: I can play violin, guitar, some percussion, and I’m a pretty damn good singer. I can bake and decorate cakes/cookies/cupcakes. My biscuits would make you drool. 

Not so useful hidden talents: I can touch my nose with my tongue and tie a cherry stem in a knot in my mouth. LOL!
  • Dang, we have some pretty talented ladies here!! I'm super envious of some of these skills! I'm sitting here like I can't dance, only I think I can sing, I'm not crafty, I was really good at sports, but that was ages ago.....

I have an insane memory. I can remember days/months of certain events that happened years ago. My family and friends often come to me when they need info on something from a long time ago. I also am really good at memorizing numbers. Phone numbers just stick in my head and I still remember friends' from back in middle school high school.

I also can fit my whole fist in my mouth. I mean, not sure this is a 'talent' and it won't get me very far in life, but most people find it pretty amusing.
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18