July 2018 Moms

Symptoms w/o 3/26

2»

Re: Symptoms w/o 3/26

• @foxbaby2016 I’m trying so hard not to worry about it too much-I haven’t been able to work out at all since November and I’ve barely been able to walk more than a few blocks since like December which has been killing me AND I’m having twins so not gaining weight has just been a totally lost cause. I’m a little past 26w and gained about 40 so far. I’m just telling myself that it means the babies are getting good and big and my body is doing what it needs to do. My doctor isn’t concerned and is confident it’ll come off fast after the babies are here. My mom also gained a ton with all of her single pregnancies and said with bf the weight came off really quickly. I just tell myself I know I’ll do what I need to do to get it off in a reasonable amount of time and in the meantime, if it helps make the babies healthier, so I really care in the long run about having to lose like 10 more pounds than I would have liked to? I don’t. Hopefully that helps, just my perspective 
  • @foxbaby2016 Don't be so hard on yourself momma. I'm in the same boat, started at a good/healthy weight for me at 5'5", and I'm up 29. Most weeks I've been pretty good about working out and eating clean and the lbs just keep coming. This week I had it on lockdown because I have a doc appointment this morning and their scale is worse than mine.

Caught a glimpse of myself on our security cam yesterday and burst into tears because I didn't realize my ass had gotten so huge! DH said something about my body being a machine and the machine is going to make what it needs to support baby. It was really clumsy, but sweet. And correct.

I've come to terms that I'm not going to end up in the recommended range with my weight, I'm just not built for it I guess, but dont lose hope!

Also, hang on, after my appointment today, I'll join you with the waffles! We should probably throw some chicken or bacon in there too, you know, protein.
  • Loading the player...
  • To add, don’t force yourself to lose it all immediately after birth. All though it’s true many lose weight through breastfeeding, not everyone does unfortunately. If your breastfeeding you have to keep eating to maintain supply. It may take time. Took me over a year to go back to pre pregnancy weight. Just be gentle with yourself. 
  • What @wildtot says. Just work on keeping up with the healthy habits. It will be way easier to fall back into them once you are ready to start exercising again. I'm feeling super motivated to get back to my old workouts but mostly because pregnancy has been so humbling! It made me realize how lucky I am to even go for long walks. Having to modify all the moves made me think of people who are injured or chronically ill. They struggle every single day! So when I'm ready to get back into a groove you bet I'll be doing those burpees, not so much to get my body back but to celebrate being healthy. 

We're all doing so well and we care so much about our babes' development, so let's not be too hard on ourselves and keep those "machines" as well oiled as possible @noideawhatshesdoing
  • I have to echo what @wildtot said. I gained around 45 lbs with my son, and I was NOT a normal BMI to start. I was a little overweight. Well everyone kept saying oh don't worry, it will melt off when you're breastfeeding. Then when the opposite happened, and I gained weight while breastfeeding, I seriously thought I was broken. You need to eat a lot to maintain a milk supply, and even with doing weight watchers and really trying, I never lost more than maybe half of my baby weight. My body held onto weight, and I couldn't lose until my period came back around 9 months. I was very hard on myself about it, and I wish I had known going into it that some women just hold onto the weight while breastfeeding because your body is doing what it can to make sure you make the milk the baby needs. Not trying to scare or discourage anyone, just trying to reinforce that our bodies do what they need to do for our babies, and try to go easy on yourself. Same applies to gaining during pregnancy, as long as you're being healthy, your body is just doinf what it needs to do. 
  • THIS is why I love this board so much. Thank you ladies SO much. I've always struggled horribly with body image. Even though this is my second child, I thought it would be easier this time. Well, it's not. Your support means the world to me....probably more than you know <3

@noideawhatshesdoing - Your situation sounds exactly like mine. It sucks for us but it's comforting to know that we aren't alone....obviously some people are just going to gain outside of the "normal" range, no matter what we do. 

@zande2016 I also gained weight while breastfeeding my DS, despite monitoring calories and exercising. It's just so hard not to be disappointed in yourself or compare yourself to others.  I also felt very "broken".

Again, thank you ladies. Lots of hugs to all of you! Now I'm off to burn my scale  :p
  • @foxbaby2016 burn it ! Make a big bonfire haha
  • anybody else getting hair whisps? I thought it was a postpartum thing. I have two spots like looks like bangs are trying to happen, even though I haven't cut my hair in months. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @rachelsogo i just have a lot of baby hair in general but my hair grows faster when pregnant so maybe just that? 
  • Wicked migraine today thanks to lack of sleep (night shift life) and it made me puke. I noticed after that my cheeks, eyes and chin are now covered in petechiae, it’s super awesome  :#
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ugh are swollen ankles supposed to start so soon? It’s nothing severe but I looked down yesterday when I got home and noticed my ankles were puffy (especially the left one). Working on drinking more water, getting up from my desk more and propping up my feet at work. Not looking forward to sandals and dresses with cankles :#
  • @ashbub714 yes, ughh. As soon as I eat a meal out, the cankles show up. I am trying to prepare my own food more to control my sodium in take. My wrists are a little puffy already too. This is happening much earlier than my first pregnancy. Maybe I can at least start using it as an excuse to get a pedicure and have someone rub my feet!
  • @ashbub714 I think around now is when it's normal for swollen feet/ankles to start showing up. I had it real bad last pregnancy. I probably should have cut sodium and processed foods out of my diet but I never did. Put your feet up as much as you can and definitely ask your husband for foot rubs!
  • @chaser61 & @zande2016 thanks ladies. I at least feel better knowing I’m not alone in this. Sodium/processed food is an issue for me right now so I definitely need to work on that. I’m loving yalls suggestions about food rubs! I’ll tell the husband he can either rub my feet or pay for my pedicure lol
  • No swelling yet but I've been drinking water like a freaking camel and plan to keep that up. Let's not talk about sodium and processed food, lol!
  • zande2016zande2016 member
    edited March 2018
    Yeah I mean I know I should cut down on sodium but I also bought olives, pickles, and cheese at the store today, and ate a lot of really salty popcorn at a show earlier. Oops. Not much swelling yet, I think by this point last pregnancy I was already having swollen feet by the end of the day.