11/13
11/20
11/27

How far along are you? 
How big is baby? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY (Stolen from Monday):  What is your favorite sports team (any) and how did it become your favorite?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change (3/27)

• Options
    brookepdavisbrookepdavis member
    edited March 2018
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 5 weeks. Size of an apple seed.

Appointments this week? First appointment with the NP is next week and then I can schedule my first u/s. Since I'm at the end of the month I will probably be one of the last of us to see my little bean.

Symptoms? Feeling pretty good so far. Very tired and getting a little bloated by the end of the day, but overall okay. I'm enjoying this while it lasts because I know I won't feel this good much longer.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Just as a follow up to last week, I decided not to tell my parents over the weekend. We thought about it, but my grandma was here too and I just know if something were to happen to this pregnancy she would bring it up every time I saw her. She would also tell everyone at my sister's wedding in May. So we're going to wait until after the first u/s to tell my parents and sisters. My sisters will probably figure it out when I see them next week. But again, my niece will be with us the whole time and I don't really want her to know until I'm further along. She's only 4 so she understands enough, but wouldn't be able to really understand if something were to happen. Ugh. I hate PGAL brain.

GTKY (Stolen from Monday): What is your favorite sports team (any) and how did it become your favorite? Not a great week for this, but oh well. Duke basketball is my favorite. What a crappy end to the season on Sunday.
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby?  8 weeks,

Appointments this week?  Friday, first appointment, thank God

Symptoms? I can't keep anything down. I've been throwing up two days straight with on and off for the past week and a half. I'm crying.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Ranting about the constant sick. I can't do anything except lay in bed without being sick. I can't move my doctor appointment sooner than Friday because I want H there and he can't take any other day off. I just want to lay in bed and cry right now.

GTKY (Stolen from Monday):  What is your favorite sports team (any) and how did it become your favorite? UCF Knights. My alma mater. UCF!! I hope they can make it into a bigger league, but there's not enough money backing them so they probably won't go farther than where they are. Still, undefeated season!!

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am moving to Tuesday ticker change because the online calculator had my due date wrong. Doctor said it is 11/6. However, I'm measuring 4 days behind, so I'm not sure where I belong! 

How far along are you? 
    How big is baby? 8 weeks; raspberry

Appointments this week? No appointments this week

Symptoms? I am really nauseous and tired. Last night I was up multiple times with my kiddos and I needed snacks each time to keep myself from throwing up. My energy level is much lower and my workouts have sucked this week. Bleh.

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY (Stolen from Monday):  What is your favorite sports team (any) and how did it become your favorite? I don't really follow professional sports. I'm a huge college football fan though and became a fan by supporting my college teams. I love football season!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 8 weeks- wild strawberry

Appointments this week? Yes! First US on Friday, finally! I'm way more excited than anxious, which is totally unusual for me. That beta draw she did at my last appointment really set my mind at ease. I know things can still happen, but I feel a lot better about the pregnancy now.

Symptoms? Same ol' digestive issues. I so wish you could take pepto during pregnancy! :'(

Rant/Rave/Questions? My rave is that I'm so glad I'm still feeling decent. I thought the fatigue would be awful this time around with a toddler in tow, but I'm feeling pretty good, all things considered!

GTKY (Stolen from Monday):  What is your favorite sports team (any) and how did it become your favorite? Auburn Tigers 'cause when you live in Alabama, you have to pick one! My family raised me as an Auburn fan, but I would choose them anyway because I love an underdog. I'm not into pro sports.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @wannaflickone I fully expect to move to a different day after my appointment on Friday. According to date of conception, I'm 8w3d, but the doctor calculated differently at my last appointment. I'm not putting stock into any date until after the first US.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cm716cm716 member
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 5 weeks. The size of sundry small seeds (poppyseed, apple, etc)

Appointments this week? I'm still two weeks away. I *might* have told the nurse at my ob that I couldn't quite remember my LMP so I could be seen at 7 weeks. :D

Symptoms- still pretty asymptomatic. I'm trying to enjoy this rather than letting it worry me. My main symptom right now is very vivid dreams. I also have sore boobs on and off.

Rants/Raves/Q- my six year old has been a real sassy pants this week and I'm OVER it. She also found my pregnancy test, read it and came downstairs and told me " Mom, you're pregnant. I saw your thermometer and it has 2 lines. :/ so...we'll see how long this stays a secret. Questions if anyone has any advice as to how to tell friends going through IF their pregnant, I'm all ears. I have 2 friends I know will take it very hard.

GTKY sports teams:
    The Spurs are my fav team. We live near SA and they won the 2014 championship the week I had my daughter. Also coach pop is awesome  B)
  • Options
    @cm716 I guess it depends on how close you are with those friends. I have a coworker I told in person because I know she took it hard hearing I was pregnant the last time. She cried but was appreciative. I have a friend who's pregnant that is debating emailing her close friend to tell her about the pregnancy that way she has time to process it with real emotions instead of having to pretend to be happy. It really depends on the person.

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    5 weeks

Appointments this week? 
    No. I feel like I'm the last one to have any appointment lol mine isnt until May 2. So.far.away!

Symptoms?
    Exhausted all the time, decreased appetite, nausea, and heartburn.

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    All the maternity clothes I have, have been through several pregnancies. About half are ones I bought second hand, and the other half are ones I bought when pregnant with my first (this is #3)... So they're well used. First 2 are winter babies (Jan14 and Feb16), so I picked up some super cute summer maternity clothes yesterday when I was in the States. I cannot wait to wear them!

GTKY (Stolen from Monday):  What is your favorite sports team (any) and how did it become your favorite?
    Ottawa Senators. I'm Canadian so I obviously love hockey. I'm originally from the Ottawa area and they're a good team (not as good as they used to be, but they'll always be my team). 
  • Options
    7 weeks, baby is a blueberry! My other app says baby is the size of a Brookesia micra chameleon. 

Appointments this week? 
    Met OB yesterday, don't think I'll be using this one. We'll see. I have a dating ultrasound tomorrow, so I'll finally get a "real" due date. Current one is from online calculator from lmp, but my cycles have never been regular. 

Symptoms?
    Every time I start to get hungry, the nausea kicks in almost immediately. Having to keep crackers in my classroom. I left my appointment yesterday and felt so hungry I was going to die, so I pulled into sonic and got a 3pc chicken strip. Ate them, then they came right back up. So fun... 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Rant:
    I wanted to end up using this OB's office so badly! They have 2 locations, one by my house and one by my school, but there has been something off-putting every time I've gone! 1st time, they didn't run my hcg numbers, just gave positive result. 2nd time, for repeat betas, they had me wait an HOUR for a blood draw because they forgot to tell the lab tech I was there. Yesterday, I called in the AM because of some bleeding. Nurse told me to keep my scheduled afternoon  appointment and they would do an ultrasound to check everything out. Sonographer had already left by my appointment time. Then to top it off, the OB didn't want to answer my questions because I hadn't had an ultrasound yet! She said to have my ultrasound then come back in three weeks! Ummm... I'm very high risk, so I need to know how she would handle some things and I'm not happy about being told to wait another 3 weeks just to get some questions answered. 

Well, I'm kind of without a favorite right now. It was the colts, because I felt the need to support DH's team since my entire family are cowboys fans lol.  Then I became more of a Peyton Manning fan, so I went for him with the Broncos. Since he retired, I'm kind of teamless. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy That's really frustrating about your OB. I wouldn't stay either. With the amount of time and money you'll be spending there over the next 9 months, you deserve a place that you feel comfortable with and where you feel listened to.

• Options
    @middleschoolmommy that is cause for concern. I'd be moving on fast after the u/s. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. My first OB made both H and I feel like children so we left and I found my amazing midwife. The office was almost an hour away, but so worth it. You never know how awesome your 2nd choice will be!

• Options
    @PMForbie I've met one other OB so far, and I really like. The issue I had with THAT office is that when the OB said get a dating ultrasound ASAP, they scheduled me for April 10th ( 3 weeks from the day of my appointment). I also hate that when you call that office, you have to hit about 5 different numbers before you get to a person -- IF you get a person instead of an answering machine. 

Unfortunately, I'm really limited to the doctors I can choose due to insurance, being high risk, and travel time. =(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy - although it might be hard to find someone,  I would switch as quickly as possible! I switched twice before I found the awesome office that I go to now. Is there a local FB group where you can ask for referrals? In an ocean of hundreds of OBs, I was able to find mine that way (and hear similar complants about the 2 offices I left). It's always great when you can get opinions from people that have experience with the different doctors out there. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    8w1d. The size of a raspberry and weighs as much as a paperclip.
    Appointments this week? 
    I'm in the process of changing my OB. I had been thinking about switching before I found out I was pregnant, decided to stick around, then experienced about 26 hours of terror as a result of his office's comedy of errors. 
    Symptoms?
    Mild. I feel lucky, but also worried that my symptoms aren't more intense. This is the furthest I've made it in pregnancy. Boobs hurt. Hunger. Mild nausea. Resting heart rate seems to be right. At night I shut down pretty rapidly, but wake up at 5:30am and struggle to get back to sleep.
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    So there was an article on the Bump that was like: "Don't worry. Your child probably won't be a hermaphrodite". That had never occurred to me. Now, all I can think is how possible it would be to have an intersex child and how I would make sure that it grew up to be healthy. Thanks the Bump! 
    GTKY (Stolen from Monday):  What is your favorite sports team (any) and how did it become your favorite? Don't really follow sports. I keep trying to get my husband to go to a hockey game because hockey games are amazing, but we're really cheap homebodies who don't like to deal with parking downtown since we moved to the suburbs.