August 2018 Moms

Appointments w/o 3/26

Re: Appointments w/o 3/26

• @laurad75 I'm so sorry that you had to go through that.  I'm keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for best case scenario for you and your sweet baby boy.  Keep us updated.
  • Oh @laurad75 I am sitting at my desk crying for you. I'm so sorry! I obviously hope for the best scenario for you and can totally empathize with the emotions you must be feeling right now. So many hugs mama 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @laurad75 OMG I can not imagine what you are feeling right now. Try and take it day by day because that type of news can be so overwhelming. Virtual hugs and if you believe in prayer I will say one for you. 
  • @laurad75 Sending you all the creepy internet stranger hugs. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this potential complication and stress for the next month, but crossing my everythings for you and your LO that the left kidney continues to progress well and it will ultimately be just a (very stressful) blip. Please be extra nice to yourself and do whatever you can to take your mind off of it and find some moments of relaxation during this waiting period.
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @neeraja_k they both have said in so many words that they don’t want to take the risk. Just because I delivered Vaginally before they are not willing for me to do it again. I originally said I would get a third opinion, but after yesterday’s visit it was so emotionally draining I don’t want to at this point. My mom and husband both agree that after two doctors recommendations I need to just go with it. The main goal is to make sure baby and I are safe. So at this point C-section it is. 
  • laurad75 said:
    Thank you so much everyone and @calimom2524 please don't cry.  I am choosing to stay confident that the doctor was right when she said it is likely this very common defect that won't effect our future.  I will certainly update everyone along the way.  Again, I don't know how I would cope without this community to lean on and share my concern.  
    Well hormones don't help anything for me but also I was just picturing how you felt yesterday and it broke my heart. I'm so happy to hear how positive you are! I would be the same way. 

• @laurad75 sending all kinds of positive thoughts and will be praying that it’s the best case scenario for you and your sweet baby boy. 
  • @laurad75 I’m sending all the positive thoughts I have. That’s definitely scary news, but I love your positive attitude. I think we can all benefit from remembering just how strong and awesome we are. We can handle anything life throws at us.

• @laurad75 I am so sorry you're dealing with all of the possible scenarios! I hope that the amnio comes back totally normal and that his kidney defect is a nonissue. Big hugs! <3
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• @laurad75 sending some more good vibes your way. Sorry you have to deal with this FX for the best scenario 
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • @laurad75 I can’t imagine how scary it is to get that news, but I love your positive attitude and it sounds like your doctors are being very proactive in monitoring the baby moving forward. Sending hugs!

Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Also, yay for all the other appointments and updates! Being due late August is a bummer because I’m living vicariously though everyone else’s A/S right now! Mine isn’t until 4/17. Had to schedule at 21 weeks because the week prior I am too swamped at work. 
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• ecwkecwk member
    @laurad75 I only read this now after you mentioned it in the other thread...I’m so sorry you’re going through this and I’m so glad you are being so positive! It really does seem like you’ll have the best possible outcome and I will be keeping you and sweet baby in my thoughts. I’m glad you shared with us and I hope you continue to. We are here for you!!!! Huge hugs!!!! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @laurad75 So sorry to hear you're dealing with such scary news - Big hugs to you and your family, lady. <3 Keep us updated with what happens with future scans and the amino. 
  • @lolog531 My A/S isn't until 4/12, so I feel your pain! I feel so behind haha.
  • TW - I had my a/s today. Overall it went well, but there were a few things that the tech wasn’t able to see well due to LO’s position. This happened with DS as well, but in DS’s case, I just came back 1-2 weeks later to try again. This time, I’m being scheduled for a more indepth scan at the hospital.
  • ecwkecwk member
    They couldn’t see the kidneys well enough at my scan so I’m going back Monday 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Can’t believe how many of us are having to go back for multiple scans! 
    @proudparent2b I am sure everything will look just fine! You are in my thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted!
  • missybutler94missybutler94 member
    edited March 2018
    @ecwk keep us posted as well! You’re in my thoughts cause I know even that tiny bit of uncertainty can be stressful. I’m sure everything will look great :) sometimes it seems they just don’t get a good picture right in that moment. 
  • @Secretstapler that’s so funny we had the same experience! Glad everything went well for you!
  • Sorry I’m late on this thread and rushed to catch up?

@ssthomps did you have a myomectomy? I had one last year that was done open with seven fibroids off so I will be having a repeat c-section (had one with DS too). I know how upsetting it is, I’m sorry. 

@laurad75 I read this from your ticker change post and I’m so sorry it was such a scary day for you. Sending you so many hugs!
  • I go for my next regular appointment tomorrow and then hopefully my a/s next week. The wait is killing me. 
  • Appointment was good, baby girl gave the Doppler wand one hell of a kick lol! The NP said that vag pain could be caused by vaginal varicose veins... just when I thought pregnancy couldn’t get any more glamorous lol! I don’t think I’m gonna google this one...
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsbubbles-2 vaginal vericose veins?!? Did not know that was a thing! Being a woman is so pleasant. 
  • Sorry I’m late on this thread and rushed to catch up?

@ssthomps did you have a myomectomy? I had one last year that was done open with seven fibroids off so I will be having a repeat c-section (had one with DS too). I know how upsetting it is, I’m sorry. 
    Yes, that is the surgery I had. So they are not giving you the option of a VbaC because the Myomectomy was only a year ago? My myo was in 2009 and I had my daughter vaginally in 2013. I guess the part is the that is the most frustrating is, I had a vaginal deliver after the surgery. I have made piece with it though. It sounds like the C section recover isn’t as bad as the Myomectomy recover. How would you compare since you have had both? 
  • @ssthomps no, they wouldn’t give him the option of going vaginally. They didn’t seem too concerned about the timing, more with there being so much scar tissue. How many fibroids did you have removed? The MFM doesn’t want me going into labor at all so we’ll be delivering at 36 or 37 weeks. It was upsetting to here, but I love my OB and fully trust his opinion. We had trouble getting pregnant again, hence the myomectomy, so I’ll do whatever is best for baby but it’s still hard to come to terms with a birth that’s not what you intended. Why exactly don’t they want you to go vaginally again? 

I would have to say that c-section recovery was a little easier; I just felt like I was back to my normal self a little faster. In both cases I really only took ibuprofen for pain afterwards. Just make sure you wear your abdominal binder after the c-section! It helps! 

• @mrs_drc_rn I had one the size of my uterus and two smaller ones. Both doctors I spoke with said that I should have never had my daughter vaginally, and just because I did it once doesn’t make it safe to do again. With my daughter I went into labor and progressed so quickly, it ended up being a vaginally delivery. My doctor is also saying he doesn’t even want me to go into labor on my own, so he wants to schedule the C section at 37 weeks as well. I am a little leary because I prefer the baby stay in as long as the need vs deliver them early.

Do they provide the abdominal binder after the C section because I didn’t receive one after the Myomectomy? Also glad to hear you were ok taking Tylenol. I want to breastfeed and I know I won’t be coherent if I have to take pain pills after the C section. UGH! 
  • @ssthomps that’s crazy that you went so quickly and ended up delivering vaginally! I’m sorry everything isn’t how you wanted this time. It took me a long time to come to terms with DS being a c-section. 

I’ll be going at 36 or 37 weeks as well, so I’ll be in July. I’m nervous too because DS was early and I just want this baby to stay in as long an possible too! DS was actually an emergency c-section under general so this will be my first time getting an epidural. That freaks me out!

I was provided with a binder after my c-section. The worst pain was just the gas pain you get in your shoulder, I think that’s the only time I took the Percocet they offered. I just made sure I got up and moving as soon as I could. 
  • @mrs_drc_rn I've never had a c-section but I've had multiple cystectomies and that gas shoulder pain is AWFUL. 

• @calimom2524 right?!? I was expecting it, but damn was it way worse than I imagined! With both my c-section and my myomectomy, the only time I took a Percocet was when I had that damn gas pain.