October 2018 Moms
Options

Wax on wax off

Just curious how ladies stay trimmed/neat during their pregnancies. I've never gotten a wax before, but I'm sure shaving will become difficult/near impossible the bigger I get. Is this a bad time to start waxing? Any tips?? 

Re: Wax on wax off

• Options
    I get sugared but it is very painful. I stay fairly smooth for a few weeks and get it done every 5 weeks or so.
  • Options
    I get a full Brazilian wax and love it! I go back every 5 to 6 weeks and it's not terribly painful. Everyone's pain tolerance is different though, I go with a friend who jumps and flinches throughout the whole wax but I get through it just fine. I definitely suggest giving it a try though earlier than later if you are up for it!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just got my Brazilian and leg wax yesterday. I can't live without them. I have zero pain tolerance, but I've always done well with waxing. It hurts most the first time because the hair is thicker, but if you keep it up every 4-6 weeks, it gets easier because the hair will be thinner. Your skin is extra sensitive while pregnant, so it's not going to be fun. Totally worth it though.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    I've never done the legs but I think as I get bigger towards the end I might give it a shot it's gotta be better then bending over to shave
  • Options
    Even 38 weeks with twins I had no problems shaving. I did have to do some by feel, but I’ve been shaving long enough for it to not be a big deal.  For reference, when I sat down, my belly went all the way to my knees, so I was huge.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    tinattt23 said:
    I just use it as an excuse to let things grow wild. No shame.  :D
    Heh, same. Although with my first I did get sugared towards the very end. Having no hair during delivery and post partum bleeding was a godsend
  • Options
    tinattt23 said:
    I just use it as an excuse to let things grow wild. No shame.  :D
    This. I try to keep up as long as I can and then IDGAF.
  • Options
    I really want to care about my chacha, but I kind of feel unmotivated. I do light trimming, especially right now while I can still find it. I agree with @cdepperschmidt, I think I'm evolving into IDGAF, too. 
  • Options
    I just use an electric razor when it gets too crazy. Easy to do, and it is so much nicer to not have a jungle down there after delivery (first labor I had a jungle, second I did the electric razor). 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018