3rd Trimester
Options

Extreme period like cramps lasting for an hour or more?

Hey everyone!

I've just entered my 3rd trimester and for the past couple of weeks, every day or two I've been experiencing period like cramps... I'm talking lower abdomen cramps which feel like my teenage year period pains, maybe worse! These cramps are pretty extreme and are occasionally accompanied by back ache and rib ache (lower and just at the bottom of the shoulder blade).

Anyone else experienced this?

Looking for advice!

Re: Extreme period like cramps lasting for an hour or more?

• Options
    Hey everyone!

I've just entered my 3rd trimester and for the past couple of weeks, every day or two I've been experiencing period like cramps... I'm talking lower abdomen cramps which feel like my teenage year period pains, maybe worse! These cramps are pretty extreme and are occasionally accompanied by back ache and rib ache (lower and just at the bottom of the shoulder blade).

Anyone else experienced this?

Looking for advice!

Please call your doctor.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Pains like that are definitely better discussed with your doctor. Call the after hours line and they can probably have the on call doctor call you and discuss if you need to go in or not. Could be something, could be nothing. But definitely call.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CecilB93 said:
    Could be something, could be nothing. But definitely call.
    This ^^. Please call your dr if you haven't already.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!