Pregnant after IF
Options

What will/did you do this pregnancy that you wish you did with your first?

Hello ladies! I just had my second blood draw today, I just about doubled in about 47 hours and my nurse said that was okay. (Went from 273 to 536). So I am feeling a little better and ready to start planning.

So my question is, what will you do or what did you do with this pregnancy that you really wish you had done before SI. I always thought I would have 2-3 kids and so the first time around I don't think I really appreciated my pregnancy. This time, since it might be my last, I want to fit it all in so to speak. So I am looking for ways to do that. 

For example, I never had a maternity shoot the first time and I really want to this time.

Re: What will/did you do this pregnancy that you wish you did with your first?

• Options
    I did weekly bump pics with my first, a maternity shoot, wrote her letters... having secondary infertility made me doubtful and nervous and I had a hard time believing it would happen. I honestly didn’t connect until he was here. I don’t know why... so I have a few bump pics, no maternity shoot and letters only after he came. It is what it is, I’ve made up for it now that he’s here! (Thousands of pictures). If we have a third I do hope I connect during pregnancy, it was just tough- we were still reeling in our marriage and I was much more nervous, where I had no reason to be nervous with my daughter.

also congrats to you!!
  • Options
    I didn't do weekly bump pics last time and sort of regretted it, so I am doing them this time. Overall though I am focusing on not being in an absolute panic this time around. For my first I was such a mess.. since I have a toddler already though, the time is just flying by
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m 43 and my oldest is 23. I was young and didn’t appreciate the journey as much. I plan to really enjoy this pregnancy and enjoy every single moment of it (nausea and all). I also plan to take pictures of my bump, blog about my pregnancy, and I think I’m most excited about sewing my own maternity clothes. I think I will also do some DIY posts on easy Maternity clithes hacks you can sew up easily. Moms love to look great on a budget during a time when you don’t always feel your best. 
    Me: 43  Hubs: 42 
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    3 Beautiful Girls: 17, 21, 23 (previous marriage)
    Tubal Reveral: 10/12
    Ecoptic: 3/13 (Lost Right Tube, Left Tube Blocked)
    IVF #1: 3/14  = BFN 
    IVF #2: 3/15  = BFN
    IVF #3: 6/15  = BFN
    FET#1: 11/17 = BFN
    Endometrial Scratch: 2/18
    FET #2: 3/18  = BFP! 
    Pregnancy Ticker