October 2018 Moms
Options

Multiples check in 3/21

muchwantedmuchwanted member
edited March 2018 in October 2018 Moms
Hey ladies! Thought I'd get this check in started. I'll try weekly for now, and we'll see how it goes!

How far along?

Any appointments or other updates?

Any concerns?

What twin issues/questions are you thinking about right now? 

GTKY: Are there other twins in your family? Tell us about them, if so!

***TW***
DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

Re: Multiples check in 3/21

• Options
    How far along? 10 weeks 3 days

Any appointments or other updates? Not this week

Any concerns? I’m stressing out over the likelihood they’re mono-mono twins, which is super high risk. 

What twin issues/questions are you thinking about right now? I’m booked for a ultrasound with the high risk clinic in two weeks, and having a fetal echo done the same day. I’m hoping it answers some of our questions and helps us come up with a plan. 

I have 4 year old fraternal twins (boy/girl), through IVF. These twins are also IVF, but a single embryo which split to be identical twins. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @jennybean80 - Hugs. Mo/mo would stress me out, too. I hope the u/s in a couple of weeks can calm your fears.

How far along?
    8+4

Graduated from my RE this week, and I have my first OB appt on Friday. We have LOTS of questions! I hope we like her.

Any concerns?
    Nope, smooth sailing right now!

I'm a little freaking out about the recs I've seen for weight gain. I got the Dr. Luke book, and apparently I'm supposed to have gained 10 lbs by 10 weeks?! I've LOST about that much! This is one of the questions for the OB, as I can't tell how many people buy into those recs.

GTKY:
    My MIL is a twin. It's actually a sad story. Her father was killed in WWII before she and her brother were born. :( We're trying to plumb those characters for names of these two, especially bc we think they're also boy/girl. A couple others here and there in both extended families, but my immediate relatives are going to freak.
    ***TW***

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @muchwanted I think weight gain is always a bit subjective. I’m up 8lbs so far, but I deal with nausea by eating everything I can reach. So many women lose weight first tri, as long as you weren’t really underweight to begin with I wouldn’t worry too much. 
  • Options
    How far along? 9w1d and 9w2d (in theory from my last u/s that was 7w which matches my O date but not my EDD from the Dr...So I will know more later on I think) 

Any appointments or other updates? My next appointment is Monday on the 26th! I cannot wait. It needs to hurry.

Any concerns? Just that I still spot sometimes strangely. I will be asking my Dr again about it for peace of mind. Plus *TMI big time* I have strange discharge that I don't remember having with DD. Not smelly or itchy but yellow and stretchy.  So no clue.

What twin issues/questions are you thinking about right now?  I am hoping to do genetic testing this time around but I am having trouble getting my insurance to answer anything for what they cover. They just tell me to give them the "codes". Its annoying I don't know the codes. I will figure it out soon I hope.

Nope! Not really anyway. DH had a twin but it vanished early according to MIL. I don't think my pregnancy has anything to do with that though, seeing as the male side of things doesn't really matter for these things. It only really matters for the female side from what I understand, because we either split the egg or release 2. That and I used soy isoflavones to ovulate because I don't thanks to PCOS and to my shock it totally worked (too much like clomid though which I was due to start right before my BFP)!

• Options
    @muchwanted I have lost 20 pounds this pregnancy so far which is crazy but I did with DD too (less though only like 5-10). I think its normal for some. My OB at the time said DD is gaining weight so I have actually lost more than I thought. Never seemed concerned. I ended up only gaining 10 pound total that whole pregnancy.  
  • Options
    How far along? 10+4 with di-di twins

Any appointments or other updates? Next U/S is on the 27th at 11+2...haven't had a scan since 8+2 so super nervous!

Any concerns? Just the possibility of a MMC, but my symptoms are actually getting worse this week so I'm hoping that's a good sign!

What twin issues/questions are you thinking about right now? All of them? Truthfully I am just so scared about preterm labor. I tend to do everything *wrong* medically, so I just feel like I'm bound for a way early delivery

GTKY: Are there other twins in your family? Tell us about them, if so! Nope, but these were a double embryo transfer twins so it was not unexpected.

1st cycle of IVF started April 9, 2017. ER- 15R, 7M, 5F, 4 frozen, 1 transferred. BFN

May 2017- Hysteroscopy

June-August 2017- 2nd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 08/10/17. BFP, but ended in a chemical.

November 2017- Hysteroscopy

January 2018- 3rd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 01/25/18. BOLD BFP on a HPT on 1/31, Beta # 1 on 2/5= 721. Beta # 2 on 2/7- 1903. 6wk+3 day scan revealed twins!

I'm blogging about it here

• Options
    @Dragonfly6191 I am sharing all your fears as well! If I am not worried about MMC or VTS I am freaking about early labor, especially before viability. DD tried to come at 33 weeks and she was just 1, who knows with 2. All the hugs and solidarity. 
  • Options
    @ninji15 - Did you ask your OB about the discharge? I do know having more with twins is common (twice the hormones = twice the goop!), but I don't know what textures/colors are normal. I would definitely ask to make sure it's not a possible BV symptom. I hope you figure out the insurance soon - that stuff can be infuriating!

@Dragonfly6191 - I hear you on having the bad medical stuff happen. I've been on the wrong side of improbable statistics so many times that I think Job (from the Bible) may be my spirit animal. It would be so in line with my history to go into labor at 19 weeks, but I'm hoping our luck is finally turning. I hope the same is true for you. <3 I plan on asking my OB (tomorrow!) to tell me EVERYTHING within my power to reduce chances. I would love to compare notes from all our doctors about that here!
    ***TW***

• Options
    How far along?
    9w1d

I won’t have another appointment until I’m just over 12 weeks!

Any concerns?
    I’m just hoping both stick around! I saw them at 8 weeks which is still so early. Also I’m soooo crazy sick and tired. I get lightheaded easily and am so weak. I throw up about 3 times a day and struggle to force food down. 

I’m also really worried about preterm labor. There’s too many sad stories. Also I’m constantly thinking about all the new stuff we will need to buy! I thought we’d be set with all the stuff from DS but nope!

My MIL had twins, and one of her daughters, my SIL, has 5 year old twins. My brother’s wife is a twin. So lots of in-law twins but it was never going to happen to me?!
  • Options
    @muchwanted I plan to ask on Monday. I have had BV, UTIs, and Yeast before (thanks last pregnancy!) and its not been like this so I am not freaking yet but its not my normal either. If I get itchy, painful, or smelly (yuck) I plan to ask asap. But so far its just a lot of unwanted blah haha. 
  • Options
    ***TW***

We lost a twin (8+6). These are chromosomally screened embryos, and both babies have looked perfect in all ultrasounds. Even now it measures great except there's no HB. The other one looked good, but if this one can die for no reason, then I have zero faith in the remaining twin. No one has a clue why this keeps happening. This is loss number seven, and my third after a HB. I hate everything. 

Could someone please take over this check in? Thanks. 
    ***TW***

• Options
    @muchwanted - I am so sorry for your loss.  Keeping you and your other baby in my thoughts.  
  • Options
    @muchwanted I am so so sorry. I am keeping you in my thoughts, please don’t hesitate to ever reach out if you need anything. 
  • Options
    @muchwanted So sorry you’re going through this. I hope for the best for your other baby. 
  • Options
    So sorry @muchwanted that sounds really scary, and I know for me my anxiety is so much worse when I don't know the reason why something happened. I'll definitely be thinking of you and praying for your little one. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @muchwanted I’m so sorry for your loss.  Please don’t lose hope that the remaining twin will make it. I have a friend that was carrying quads and she lost the identical triplets in a very similar way to you. Everything was good, heartbeats were great and at an appointment they were given the unexpected news that the triplets no longer had heartbeats.  She also had a history of multiple losses and just recently delivered. Her surviving baby is doing well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @muchwanted I hope you're doing okay. I can't imagine how hard this is. Sending you good thoughts for your other baby that he/she will have a full healthy pregnancy and you'll a happy, healthy baby hold them enough. <3