Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Preg announcement, no shower, birth announcement - is that ok?

I live out of town from friends and family and between where I live now, where my friends live, where my husband's family lives and where my family lives, telling everyone in person/even over the phone is A LOT.  We're telling family over Easter weekend and the weekend after and 100% do not plan on announcing the pregnancy on FB.  I was thinking we'd send out pregnancy announcements to extended family and friends (this is our first baby) after we've told our immediate families and then a birth announcement when baby gets here (Oct. 2018). On top of all this, considering how spread out everyone is and where we are, a shower is likely a no go so this will probably be the only notification people will get before we give birth.   Does this make sense?  

Re: Preg announcement, no shower, birth announcement - is that ok?

• Options
    Yes? I guess I'm a little confused because I'm not sure what else you'd do or quite what you're asking? A shower is not an announcement or a notification. And all the people who would be invited to a shower would already know you're pregnant. I mean, anyone invited to a shower should be close enough that you'd tell them pretty early on about the pregnancy. 

Also, a shower is a gift that is offered by someone else to you. It doesn't have to be some big thing that everyone attends. They can be small with just a handful of people. I had 10 or so people at mine. There were many who couldn't attend due to being elsewhere.