July 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms w/o 3/19

Re: Symptoms w/o 3/19

• Options
    I just peed a little when I sneezed just now.  Now obsessively doing kegels. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Selfishly created again. I have been super cold all day regardless of all my clothes. Felt super dizzy last night even with laying down. Went away after going to bed but it was scary. 
    My TMI question is on discharge. I know it’s normal to increase but now that my doctor doesn’t plan to do any more scans I’m paranoid that maybe my cervix my shorten. I didn’t have the issue with DS but i was checked all the time because of my frequent BH. I see me doctor in Thursday I’m thinking asking her to check but i have a feeling she’ll say it’s unnecessary. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hugs @wildtot I'm sure everything is fine, but get it checked out any how, you know your body best. I've had that feeling too, but st every scan my cervix is nice and long, so I know it's my anxiety messing with me. Also, do you ever feel like you got something up there that wants to come out?? (I mean duh, we do have a baby that will eventually come out) I get that from time to time, but I know it's not my
    cervix. 
    @canucklehead123  you just reminded me tp
    do a kegel or 5
    Symptoms: carpal tunnel :/ insomnia & a cold (my coworkers are jerks!) my ankles are swollen too. And my anxiety is through the roof. I haven't been in bad moods or losing my temper, I think my hormones are fucking with my anxiety though.
  • Options
    @coco305 i will occasionally have to pee and then immediately get a ton of discharge come out. Super gross feeling. Hopefully she’ll do a quick check this week.
  • Options
    This kid just kicked me straight in the bladder and I almost peed my pants.  Did a little yelp, jumped up, and went to the bathroom before it happened again!  My students/aides thought it was hilarious.

I had muscle cramps while running yesterday, so I think it may be time for a belly band.  Also the RLP while shifting in bed is insane!  Slept with my body pillow last night and that helped... but it takes up so much room!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Why am I suddenly SO HUNGRY? I am worried I am not feeding myself enough because I am trying so hard to limit my carbs and follow the GD diet. I am not tracking calories or anything, but I weighed myself this morning and have lost weight in the past week. I'm afraid GD will make my baby too small, because I am trying too hard to prevent him from getting too big. 
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel ugh I dread if I have to sneeze while laying in bed (which is almost every time I wake up for some reason nowadays). I get such bad RLP every time. 

@zande2016 I have some days/meals where I'm super hungry and could eat forever it seems. And them some days/meals where I only need a little bit of food to satiate myself. Maybe depends on where baby is hanging out? I don't have any advice with the GD though. Maybe speak with your Dr about that. There has to be some middle ground where you can eat to fill yourself up and not be too worried about the diet. I hate when I let myself get too hungry. Feel like I'm starving the babe. :(
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @zande2016 Definitely talk to whichever dr is managing the GD. You shouldn't be losing weight. I think it is ok not to gain any, but I believe you shouldn't be losing any. You are probably hungry bc by cutting out carbs you are cutting out fiber. Fiber and protein keep you full.  I know for me, just protein won't keep me full. Ask about adding fiber back into your diet. My endocrinologist (who is a nutritionist I believe) gave me a paper on good carbs that I could eat. I will see if i can find it tonight. She said it's ok to eat a limited amount good carbs. I remember some were brown rice/lentils/beans.  Which may also help in the #2 dept if you are struggling to go.
  • Options
    @moguippy everyone is telling me different things about my diet. My MFM and midwife said one thing, then the dietician/diabetes educator gave me a meal plan that I believe had way too many carbs in it for me to be able to control my blood sugar without going on insulin, and then my endocrinologist  told me I should eat as little carbs as possible and not to worry about not getting enough carbs. I know there are many different schools of thought on this issue, just from doing online research I could tell that, but I am confused about who to listen to. I am trying to eat 15 g carbs for breakfast, 15 for my 3 snacks, 45 for lunch, and 30 for dinner. This is working for my blood sugar but I think I need to try to bulk up my snacks and meals with something non carb so I'm less hungry. That is true about fiber, I can't eat much fruit so that's taken a lot out of my diet. My biggest challenge is my fasting number, so I have to be really careful about not having too many carbs at dinner, as that seems to affect my fasting the most. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 that's tough. I will look tonight for the information my endo gave me. She is the person I would trust the most with this. The endo I had before my current one told me to cut out as many carbs as possible, and while I lost weight, I didn't feel good (not preggo at that time).  And my OB hasn't given me any advice other than to check my sugar.  I'm having the opposite problem where my after dinner number is high, no matter what I eat. I am trying taking my Met at lunch instead of to see if having it in my system for 6 hours already will help the dinner number. We will see what works. Are you eating a protein snack before bed? sometimes not eating for a long time can raise your morning fasting number.
  • Options
    @moguippy it seems like I can only fast for 8 hours, any longer and my blood sugar goes up. I ate my snack early last night because I went to bed early, and my number was high this morning. But I do try to have a mix of protein and fat with a little carbs before bed and it does help. Regarding metformin, my MFM had me space it out differently and also add 500mg per day (so one extra pill), and it made a big difference. I use the extended release kind, and now I take 2 with breakfast and 2 with dinner, 12 hours apart. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 My endo actually cut my Met in half from 1000mg to 500mg about a week ago because my numbers were really good.  But that has made my numbers go up to borderline. She said if they go too high just to start taking the 1000mg again. I take the Extended release too. I'm giving it a little more time before I start the second pill again. Last night was the first time I was actually over the threshold at dinner, but I ate a crappy dinner so who knows if that was it instead of the amount of Met I've been taking.

But in other news, my heartburn has gone back down to a manageable level!  Last week was soooo bad and nothing was helping. and this week it isn't too bad and tums is keeping it at bay! woo!
  • Options
    SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited March 2018
    This is gross but...

I am leaking poop. Like, not enough that it shows in my undies but enough to give me swamp ass and make me think that I have somehow screwed up wiping enough. I think its due to eating too many prunes because I was so constipated. I found online that it doesn't seem to be an issue but all the women are in their third tri and I am not even really close to that!  I don't really want my butt to leak for the next few months! I guess i have to cut back on prunes and pray, lol. 

ETA: Should I call my midwife or just save it for my appt in about two weeks? This would have made a GREAT one off post from a drive by, sorry I'm not a random y'all! :smile:
  • Options
    @SmashJam I’d say keep an eye on it and maybe call the nurse/doctor for guidance. I got super dehydrated that way with DS and had to get an IV after like a day or so of all that. Hope you feel better!

so my boobs a leaking a bit. I noticed it on my new bra last night and then some crusty stuff on my nipples. Hopefully i can remember to bring it up at my appointment tomorrow. The word crusty makes it sound gross lol sorry.
  • Options
    Random symptom: bruising. I have some gnarly bruises on my left thigh. So gnarly, DH is scared people will think he beats me. He jumped off the bed lastnight completely scared of how bad the bruises looked. It made me laugh really hard to where I almost peed myself.  I'm not even sure how I got them, though. I do take iron twice a day for anemia. We also have 2 very playful dogs who thinks its great to use me as their safety spot (training them not to do this). So, I'm thinking the dogs might have caused it. Either way, they don't hurt, just look pretty crazy. 

@SmashJam That does not sound like fun, at all. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Have you tried using a panty liner more in the back of your panties to alleviate the feeling of mud butt? Also, try putting a cotton ball type around the area to help absorb the leaking. +1 to letting the OB/nurse know. 

@wildtot I hear "crusty" and think of Crusty the Clown from The Simpsons. Totally goes back to the immature giggles. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    WorkinWeezel - same here! My little guy insist that my bladder is a punching/kicking bag and also a pillow....lol. I had the exact same kick in the bladder moment yesterday and was running to the bathroom!!
  • Options
    @smashjam not fun! I'd say cut back on the prunes for a day or two and see if that helps. You could call your midwife and mention it just to see if it could be something else but it probably is the prunes. Make sure you're getting enough water! I had a bruise on my wrist for almost two weeks when I had to get an IV after being dehydrated. I switched to kale/blackberry/mango smoothies because the prunes just hit me too hard, couldn't even blame the dogs for the gas because the pups even left the room. TMI?

@wildtot I haven't noticed any leaking, but definitely have noticed some crusty. Figured it was just another gross thing my body was doing.

Anyone have any good stretches for the spine while pregnant? It's not my muscles really, more the spine. Feeling a little compressed in the mid/low back and my normal go-to would be a supine twist or my inversion table, both of which are non options at this point.

• Options
    Thanks everyone for not making me feel super weird about my TMI! Maybe I'm not getting enough water (although I try SO SO HARD lol) so I'll up that and I let my nurse know I'm waiting on a call back. I've stopped the prunes and the iron for now to try and regulate stuff. Pregnancy is SUPER glamorous.

@noideawhatshesdoing I have no idea what exercises to do but am interested myself in what others might say...although my spine issues are probably the muscles around the spine.
  • Options
    @SmashJam we're all feeling pretty glamorous at this point I think.

I've been using my yoga wheel for some gentle backbends (doc approved) and my foam roller and it helps a little, but I'm still feeling really smashed back there and mostly just want a satisfying snap crackle pop and my belly is too much in my way these days it seems to get at a good angle without a lot of twisting.
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing have you tried a supported bridge with a block under the hips? That's really helped loosen up my lower back. Another option would be happy baby or laying flat with feet on the floor/knees bent and relaxing the knees together/massaging the low back into the floor. 

I agree, I really miss twisting and cracking my lower back  :|
  • Options
    I am so worn down. I don't know what's wrong with me. I felt icky all day yesterday, super cold tired, zero energy. I figured it was partially the gloomy rainy weather, partially not getting much rest this past weekend then hitting the ground running on Monday, up at 5 to get to work early.  Last night I seriously felt like I could fall asleep driving home. I emailed work last night saying I wouldn't be in then went to bed before 9 and slept till past 9 this morning. I woke up for a minute this morning to kiss DH and DD goodbye but I pretty much slept over 12 hours.

I'm usually pretty high energy so I don't know if something is wrong with me or if I was just that tired. I feel normal now, just lounging on the couch thinking abut what I'll pig out on for lunch since I didn't eat dinner last night.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing I’ve been doing some prenatal Pilates this past week and it’s helped a bit with my achy sciatica body. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=64Xkmp7JZKo&index=1&list=PLZZBp71NETYEYRYpP1gO9z3DXcHKVitKm
  • Options
    @ckmb_knottie I'll have to try the block under my hips, I've used my yoga wheel in a supported bridge but still can't seem to get the right spot. Maybe the block will be a bit different. I promised DH I wouldn't do anything on my back without him around, he's still really freaked after the bizarre blood pressure drop I had a few weeks back. I still insist that was related to the dehydration, but it must have really scared him. But when he's home later I'll try your other suggestions.

@wildtot thanks for the Pilates link, I'll give it a try!
  • Options
    @wildtot i'm crusty too - i think i remember this happening with DD early too. And +1 for nasty discharge.
    @SmashJam lots of good advice - i feel swampy myself (awesome adjective!) so I have sympathy
    This bronchitis can suck it... the coughing fits are so bad I keep peeing myself and had to resort to a depends pad.  Zpack is breaking it up but that means i'm choking during cough and feeling overall like a bear. I'm happy to do what's best for baby - but I'm not ashamed to admit that I miss the codine cough syrup and prednisone about now.  Just finished last meeting of the day so think I'll go back to the couch to continue my Call the Midwife marathon until DH and DD get home. Def don't feel like cooking, hope DH doesn't mind more leftovers...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 I loved watching that whole show! 

@runsomewhere I felt the same yesterday. At 4pm I decided to finish working on my couch and I almost fell asleep! I was super low energy all day, I do blame the weather.

Stretches I do in my prenatal yoga:
    -sitting with soles of the feel together, gently hinging forward with a flat back (even though it's only a couple of inches -like for me, forward folds are my enemy!)
    -standing in front of a wall, touch the wall with your hands and  then walk back until your arms are fully  extended. Press into the palms, press the hips back until you have a flat back. Move the palms down so that your wrist is in like with your shoulder   try spiraling your dinner thighs back to get space in your lower back. Lightly bend knees if you feel any pinching  in your lower back.
    -a figure 4 stretch on your back or against the wall is also good. You're not on your back for very long anyways.
    -pigeon is also good, you can roll a blanket under your hips for support if needed. 

@noideawhatshesdoing do you like the yoga wheel now? I feel so stretchy in any backbend so I haven't gone very far with them. 

I hope these help!
  • Options
    @kissableviv I love my yoga wheel. It has been great to change up positions but I'll admit most of the time these days I'm doing less actual yoga with it and just sort of lay over it on my back and let my arms fall back to get a good stretch in my chest and arms. Its been amazing how much tension I'm finding I hold in my chest these days, I think it's because everything is so heavy up top! lol.
  • Options
    @zombiehoohaa When are you taking the iron pills? I think that might be one of those that need to be taken at a separate time than the prenatal or else it doesn't get absorbed? Could be totally off but I know there is something like that...

+1 for stretching back as much as possible. I got killer sciatica last time and am doing more prenatal yoga this time to try and avoid it. Lots of good practices on YouTube! 
  • Options
    @Kenya715 @zombiehoohaa i had to take iron with DS. I had to take them on an empty stomach and separate from my thyroid, prenatals, and calcium (milk) to not affect absorption. I think there is also a recommendation waiting time before you eat (like an hour). It wasn’t easy and it sucked because thyroid meds have the same restrictions with empty stomach. It takes about 3 hrs for your stomach to empty.
  • Options
    @Kenya715 I take them twice a day (am/pm). I take then21 separate from my thyroid meds and prenatal...the biggest bruise actually looks like. Paw print..

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @wildtot didn't know about iron and an empty stomach! I was doing liquid that it said to take twice a day so I don't know how you'd  take the second dose on an empty stomach!

I have a docs appt tomorrow for my butt. Of course I'm Googling problems and was convinced I had a prolapsed rectum or hemorrhoid but looked at pics (ew) and either I don't have that or people only post the most severe pics on the internet.
  • Options
    @SmashJam i took iron pills so idk if that had anything to do with it but hope i won’t have to go through that again. I can’t go 3 hrs without eating if I’m awake lol
    hope your butt feels better and no more googling lol i can’t imagine what images pop up!
  • Options
    @SmashJam keep us posted on your appointment. Have you been able to go to the bathroom?  When you do, is it solid?  I know this is gross and TMI, but my son did a lot of with holding after my daughter was born.  So much so, that he was impacted and he had leakage around the stool that was stuck in there.  He didn't even realize it was leaking out of him.  We continue to deal with issues now because his colon muscles have still not built up the strength (almost 5 years later) so if we don't stay on keeping him hydrated, getting him to sit regularly, etc... he will have a problem.  He also does not wipe well.  We have had to use benefiber and miralax in the past, and we also had to use a suppository to help clear the impacted stool.

I'm not saying this is what is happening to you, but with the vitamins and everything else, it could be a possibility that something is blocking you up and you're leaking.

Pooping is such a point of contention for me.  It's always been a problem for me (IBS with constipation) and I just don't understand why I don't go regularly.  I eat pretty healthy, drink a ton of water, exercise regularly... it just doesn't happen for me.  So, so frustrating, especially when my husband and daughter are machines!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker