October 2018 Moms

Re: FFFC (3/16)

• No shame in that game, @DunkinDecaf!

• Loading the player...
  • I can't get myself to take my prenatal vitamins. I tried kids chewable and it just seriously turned my stomach! I did just get a different gummy vitamin yesterday, so we'll see how that goes. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • I have been slacking on reading with SS6 and letting him watch tv and play on his tablet more. It's hard to be motivated to do things with him when I'm not feeling well. Tomorrow I'm taking him to my mom's to hang out with my younger brother.
  • @coffee-saur Are you taking them after you have some food? I take Nature Made Prenatal + DHA, which comes in one tablet, and I usually get it from Target because it's cheapest. Here's the link.

My OB recommended being hyper vigilant at reading the labels on the gummy variety of prenatals because they often were lacking/didn't have DHA, and I found she was right.

Anyway, I can take the Nature Made ones without food, but the samples my OB gave me made me feel sick unless I ate 30 minutes - one hour before ingesting them. 
  • @coffee-saur ditto what @stithof said. I need to take them with breakfast. Without food is n/g. My OB also had me add iron to the gummy ones, if you go that route, bc most (if not all) do not contain iron. Worth asking.

Thanks for starting the thread @stithof! Running slow here this morning.
  • @chopchop25 Yes to the iron as well! Thank you for mentioning that.
  • Yeah, I specifically made sure mine had iron in them.
  • @coffee-saur I take the gummies cause I just cannot swallow a pill. Yeah, a lot of the pills have more stuff in them, but something is better than nothing. I take the VitaFusion ones. They have DHA. I also take a gummy D vitamin per my OB. And once I can stomach it, I’ll start taking my liquid calcium/magnesium again (partly for the calcium, partly because the magnesium helps my restless legs). Last time, I had by OB periodically check my iron levels. They were fine so I never worried about adding extra iron. 
  • I just got the one-a-day brand. And it doesn't look like it has DHA in it. Grrr. I probably won't get back to town for awhile, especially since it snowed like crazy this morning!
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • I take mine right before bed and no issues but haven't done them earlier so not sure if they don't bother me or if they don't bother me because I take them at night. 
  • I let my kids watch 1-2 hours of tv almost every day.
    We do maybe an hour, but it’s rare that DS will sit still for that long, so that makes me feel a little better. He also plays games on the iPad for maybe 30 minutes a day. Not sorry about that one - I gotta get shit done somehow! 
  • Lisa3379 said:
    I let my kids watch 1-2 hours of tv almost every day.
    We do maybe an hour, but it’s rare that DS will sit still for that long, so that makes me feel a little better. He also plays games on the iPad for maybe 30 minutes a day. Not sorry about that one - I gotta get shit done somehow! 
    I'll let SS take his tablet whenever we go to somewhere that there will be nothing for him to do. Like get my hair done, or meeting with a friend. 
  • I brought cereal with me to work for lunch today because I ran out of time in the morning to think about making lunch, and now I really want to get French fries or tater tots to go with me cereal. 

Also, my prenatal doesn’t have DHA in it, and reading all the posts above, I feel like I’m irresponsibly taking one that’s not good enough! My dr never mentioned DHA (in this pregnancy or when I was pregnant with DS),  so I never thought to check for it! 
  • @pumpkinpancake No need to stress about the time that's already past! But I would march on out to the store and pick up either a new prenatal that has DHA or a DHA supplement by itself! :)
  • It has been a month since I folded my laundry.  I’m just digging through the piles at this point. 

Also - I ate my snickerdoodles before my salad at lunch today.  I considered ditching the salad altogether, but, well, fiber and protein. 

I want to leave work now and curl up in a ball on my couch and sleep for the next three days. (Probably not an FFFC, but still...) 
  • Update.. I did get the tater tots, but ditched my cereal in favor of a grilled chicken sandwich. Regretting the decision for the sandwich because the grill guy burnt the chicken :angry:  
  • @hellopartyof5 I have stashes of treats hidden all around my house and unless my kids somehow find them I don’t share. No shame. 

I’ve been making my older girls do the dishes because I “always get sick” when I do them. Really I just grab my phone and lay down because I don’t want to do them. 
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited March 2018
    I've stopped wearing any pants but tights (I can see the argument they aren't pants, but my company is okay with them being pants since we make them.)  And I don't wear skirts or dresses, which means I am ONLY wearing tights every.single.day.
  • A misunderstanding led to me not picking up my kids from school Wednesday.  It turned out okay, a friend of mine had them jump in her car when the carpool line was almost over,  but it was still a pretty big mom fail on my part!
  • @chopchop25 do you mean leggings?  When I think of tights, I think pantyhose only a little thicker and maybe with designs on them, but definitely still see through.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @purplegoldfish2 haha yeah leggings I guess, then. They’re tights here, probably bc I haven’t seen anyone in this entire city in a pair of stockings/tights since I’ve moved here!
  • edited March 2018
    @chopchop25 That makes so much more sense now!  I couldn’t figure out why you’d walk around in see through fake pants! Leggings are basically pants to A LOT of people around here, but people also wear tights (with something over them), so we differentiate between them.
  • I suddenly don't want DF at my prenatal appointment because I want to talk to my OB about perinatal depression
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves - can you ask DF to wait in the waiting room after the exam so you can discuss “personal concerns” or some such with the doctor?
  • @mytrueloves whenever I bring DH to an appointment they ask him to leave at some point so the dr can ask me if I’m safe at home. Does your dr do that? If so you could bring up depression then.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DunkinDecaf I haven't been seen since I was pregnant with DD so I really don't remember the procedure tbh
    @knottieamusements I was thinking of asking DF to wait in the waiting room until they do the ultrasound. But I'm worried about him having to entertain DD for that long lol
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves I actually think that’s a great excuse. Ask him to stay with DD in the waiting room so you can talk to the dr without the craziness. You could also make the point that some questions you have for the dr might confuse or upset DD.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DunkinDecaf that's a great idea. I don't even know why I don't want him in the room, he already knows I struggle with depression. I think because I don't want to admit in front of him how terrible I feel
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloveshugs. I hope your dr is able to help ❤️
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mytrueloves having him stay in the waiting room for a bit with your little one is a good idea, if that's what you need to be able to open up about this. As someone who struggled really hard with perinatal depression last time around I'm sending you lots of support. Hang UK there and please continue to speak up about how youre feeling and push for medical professionals to hear you. You're important and you deserve appropriate, compassionate care for this. 

Also I'm with @knottieamusements sl in that baby bootie bet. My partner didn't know what ti say to me but definitely knew what was going on and was able to fill in a lot more of the blanks when we talked to doctors about it than i would've thought. His support and compassion and hand holding was what got me through the experience, hands down. I hope your df is someone you can lean on.
  • @knottieamusements @theglitteredpterodactyl He definitely knows I've been struggling. I was reading an article on perinatal depression when he got home. I told him I was certain my mood swings were more than just pregnancy irritability and told him a little bit about how I'm feeling. I'd love to tell him everything but he's also very stressed right now and the last thing I want is to stress him out over this. So I'm trying to be as honest as possible so he's aware of what's going on without making him worry. We both knew this was a possibility going into this pregnancy because I have a history of depression and I had postpartum depression with DD. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @chopchop25 Do what you’ve gotta do!!!