Options

UO 3/15

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: UO 3/15

• Options
    @msmonalisavito I agree.  We have a Lillebaby for me, an Ergo (which we got for free from a friend) for DH, and a K'tan for when baby is brand new.  That's it.  And I won't be buying any other ones.  BUT, I know those are fighting words around here  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @msmonalisavito I tend to agree. Neither of those were my favs, but I also have done a carrier for a new squish (ring sling for me) and then a ssc for when bigger (I like the Tulas). I do have a toddler Tula too. We use it rarely but it’s nice to have.but I find the one carrier to work for me, and don’t find I’d get the value from more. But I do like them to be pretty, and I’ve sold and bought for each kid. 

But, my thing is cute kid clothes and carriers just aren’t my thing and to each their own 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
     @hezzer78 - a lot of the time when I'm talking about him, the D doesn't stand for dear :D

BTW I watch your siggy gif over... and over... and over... when you post. It's like half my bump life this month is spent watching that gif lol!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @msmonalisavito I understand it in the sense that people think of them as accessories so they want different colors, styles, etc, but can’t relate in the sense that I’m very utilitarian. I mean, I don’t want an ugly print, but I don’t need a million different carriers because they are cute. People do the same thing with cloth diapers. I’ll admit I bought a limited edition print for St. Patrick’s Day last year, but I just paid regular retail price and was lucky to snag one from a local boutique by convincing them to order it! I wouldn’t pay extra for a cute print. They pee and poop in them.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I love Target. So much.

Baby carriers - I tend to agree. It didn't really work out with DS, but I didn't really push it either. I had a mei tai, Ergo and K'tan with him. I hated the Ergo, but will reuse the K'tan in the infant stage. I liked the style of the mei tai, but gave it to a friend awhile back because we were contemplating being OAD. I'll probably just try to find something to replace that and be done - I'm looking at a Tula or Lillebaby. A lot of girls in my last BMB were VERY into BWing and would start their own threads or private events to discuss. A lot of them had 20+ wraps and even did a trading/swap/borrow thing. I totally respected it, it just was never my thing.
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    I like baby carriers and and keep wanting to buy more, but it's because I'm worried about having the right carrier.  I've never tried a ring sling, but the people who like them seem to love them.  But I won't know which one is right for us until new baby is here and we can try it out.  So I'm trying to resist.

I want to like Target, but their clothes always seem cheap and fit weird.  I do really like their kids clothes.  I like the Cat and Jack brand.  But it's the store closest to us, and it makes for a nice goal when we want to go for a walk to get out of the house.

My UO:  I hate seating charts at weddings.  It is way too much work for the planners,and and I always end up sitting with strangers and far away from the people I want to see and catch up with.  Don't try to force new friendships with people I'll never see again, just let me talk to who I want to talk to.
  • Options

Carrying apparatuses - I've never paid more than retail, nor would I. They all have their purpose, and when I am done they'll be out so I am not super emotionally attached to them. So for me, I have a warm and a cold weather carrier of each style basically. And I was also forgetting about my water ring sling - but again, very specific purpose of swimming. It's not for everyone, but I am reaaaaly hoping they will help manage two babies because DS was very much attached to me 24/7 and it made all the difference.

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I really love the idea of swaddling and baby wearing! I just hope little one is as into it as I am.

I'm not looking forward to "dolling up" my baby girl.  I hate clothes shopping, I rarely do makeup & I lop my hair off every chance I get even though I know how to manage and style it just because I hate it THAT. MUCH. I will dress her up & do her hair until she gets old enough to make that decision for herself, but it's more of a source of stress than excitement. 
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    @mrsbubbles-2 I have watched a few unboxing videos! In my defense they were part of my research into making a big purchase, so I was gathering information. I had a reason for looking at them - I wanted to see the product in a detailed video and compare different products so I knew I made the right choice. To me, it was just a more detailed alternative to reading reviews. 

Re: BWing - I have a Lillebaby that I bought after I sold my Ergo and I have a Moby. I want to try a RS too, but that's the extent of it. I have no problem with people being really into it - whatever makes you happy! 

AFM - I can't remember mine RN 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So I totally see the logic there @ecwk @hezzer78 @hardlyhannah - I think I should have said I don't understand how people just watch them just to watch. Like video after video of people opening boxes of stuff, I just don't understand. My DSS has subscriptions to channels of people just opening things. But I don't understand a lot of what people do on youtube these days lol! I used to use it to watch South Park for free when I was working a midnight shift to stay awake. Now I think you have to pay to watch tv shows and stuff?

But gimme all the baby youtube channels, DS will stay occupied for easily 30 min with the right channel!

And I lol'd at your response to your husband @hezzer78!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    +1 to the unboxing vids (for kids' stuff). I think some of them for electronics, household items, etc. can be somewhat valuable for review purposes. But no, I do not give a rat's butt about kid toys being unopened. 

@Brezzy1928 can. not. stand. them. I do, however, think that one little girl who does the multiple personalities is funny. The one who does Bossy Boss Lady and Charlene? I love her. 
  • Options
    The really weird YouTube videos are the ones where they are digging through candy or cereal to find toys inside. Apparently kids love these videos? So weird. I’m glad DS doesn’t care to watch anything other than Sesame Street as of now.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    +1 to the unboxing vids (for kids' stuff). I think some of them for electronics, household items, etc. can be somewhat valuable for review purposes. But no, I do not give a rat's butt about kid toys being unopened. 

@Brezzy1928 can. not. stand. them. I do, however, think that one little girl who does the multiple personalities is funny. The one who does Bossy Boss Lady and Charlene? I love her. 
    This one?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPjqYisRbe8

This vid cracks me up 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ecwk I have watched a couple of her. She is cute and funny.  I don't like the scripted ones I guess. It just seems in those case it is more a way for the mom to get famous or something. 
  • Options
    @ecwk Yes, her! So dang funny. I don't like the obviously scripted girls. 
  • Options
    I just hate Youtube in general.  I never ever watch Youtube videos.  Even when people share links directly with me, I don't watch them.  Don't care.
  • Options
    hfooter said:
    I feel like this is an UO from what I have seen on Facebook.

i don’t care that toys r is is closing. I feel bad for all the people without jobs. But that company has done a crappy job forever. They are always understaffed. Everyone who works at the ones near me seem like they hate life and when you call and ask a question they act like it’s the most annoying thing they have ever had to do to answer it. They have always been over priced. And to sustain that, you need stellar customer service which they definitely did not have.
    Agree they are overpriced and the lines are always long due to being under staffed. I mostly go there if they have something I need right away and price match to amazon. For that reason, I’m sad it’s closing. 
  • Options
    BW—I have a Tula and Ergo and, while I prefer the Tula by far, it’s nice to have an outward facing option if needed. I’m getting ready to purchase a Solly Baby Wrap because I want something I can smush the baby in very early on and the Tula infant insert was awkward. 

I like Target, but I’m not like a die-hard fan. I only like them for some of their home stuff and Cat and Jack clothes. We don’t have any other stores similar to it around here though, so we visit about once per month. 

UO—I don’t watch YouTube at all and have no idea what half of the stuff mentioned above is. 

• Options
    I’m not bummed about the Toys R Us part, just the Babies R Us. It’s the closest baby store to us, and while we have a Target, I’m not a fan of their set up for baby stuff. 
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    Don’t get the yotubebthing globally. My kids don’t use it. 

And big ditto on tru. It’s neither convenient nor cheap, nor special. I have local toy stores that are not cheap but are close, and locally owned and cool. Or target, amazon for cheap. The only time I’ve been to tru is when we had a gc. they really have bombed the last few holidays too. I definitely watched toy deals and it was never them.

bru was similarly bad. I always found it so frustrating to shop there - incredibly disorganized, the registry is a mess bc stuff isn’t where it says it is... I’m not surprised they are going under. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    I’m sorta sad that Toys R Us is closing most/all of its stores. I know they’re overpriced and all that jazz, but there’s a certain level of nostalgia about it too.
  • Options
    We have a TRU and BRU within a mile of us. Next door to each other. 
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 I don't even know what an unboxing video is, but I disagree about the video game part. I agree with whoever above compared it to a sport. My husband and I watch some profession tournaments of our chosen game together and it is very much like watching a sporting event to us. I totally get when people don't like or want to do it though, just like I get when people don't want to watch a basketball game or something. 
  • Options
    My brother is one of those people who plays the video game for others. He actually went to England to run a gamer online fundraiser. I don't get it at all, but whatevs. 

I totally don't get the excessive baby carriers thing. Its a waste of money IMO and could be better spent elsewhere  We have one lillebaby. That lasted from infancy to toddler hood. 

My UO: selfies (unless used for documenting an experience when someone else can't take your photo) are the lamest thing. 
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @7425cait Does that include baby selfies?  Because I admit that LO and I take them together.  But he loves smiling at himself in the camera.  ETA: I would probably have no pictures of myself with my son when he was little if I didn't take selfies.  DH is horrible about doing it.

The DH/DS thing: to me it doesn't have a meaning, it's just how we refer to people on here rather than using their names which is private info. 

Babywearing is about convenience to me.  I don't get into the collecting or obsessing about patterns either.  My Tulas are both plain colors because I also want DH to feel comfortable wearing them. 

• Options

Babywearing is about convenience to me.  I don't get into the collecting or obsessing about patterns either.  My Tulas are both plain colors because I also want DH to feel comfortable wearing them. 

This is where I’m at as well.  Like I said before, it’s just so I can have a hands-free option.  I love being close to my babies as well.

If it’s cold, I just make sure baby is dressed appropriately and maybe use a blanket.  Hot? Dress baby appropriately.

It just seems like it’s sort of a....craze?  I’ve been on those BW sites and I still...don’t get it. I love pretty things but I just don’t get it.