August 2018 Moms
Options

GTKY- Pet Peeves

2»

Re: GTKY- Pet Peeves

• Options
    edited March 2018
    +1 not liking misbehaved kids who's parents don't manage them.  We have this argument at our house because BIL is always saying that his kids miss our son.  But then we go there and their kids are awful and pull and tug on my son constantly and he's hiding behind my legs crying.  He hates his cousins and it isn't my fault.
  • Options
    I will cut you ;)
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ecwk said:
    Butttt also you don’t have to pump and dump even if you are drunk....

People who say “yup” when you say “thank you”. 
    FU too. 
    @ecwk where did the pump & dump comment come from?  I'm lost
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    ecwk said:
    Butttt also you don’t have to pump and dump even if you are drunk....

People who say “yup” when you say “thank you”. 
    FU too. 
    @ecwk where did the pump & dump comment come from?  I'm lost
    Sorry I posted in a rush. Wasn’t very clear. @elsieisamoocow said it above ^^. And of course,
    its a personal choice but you don’t *have to*. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Brezzy1928 Comic Sans.  YES.
  • Options
    Comic Sans is the worst.

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

• Options
    There is a pretty professional organization that sends my firm letters with address labels in Comic Sans. It's an abomination! 
  • Options
    I forget who said people who complain, but never try to change the situation but that's my number one pet peeve at the moment. I have a good friend who has admitted to being unhappy and depressed, and a lot of her stress comes from her husband's decisions but she refuses to say anything to him. I love her, but I'm tired of hearing her complain about it.

Also, if you hand wash dishes, don't leave them on the counter for days on end. (But please don't judge me for the clothes I haven't folded or put away for more than a week).
  • Options
    oh +1 on that for sure.  I wasn't dumping any breast milk.  I don't think I was ever able to get drunk while BFing.  I tried, but tired usually won. 
  • Options
    @elsieisamoocow yes to the old people giving parenting advice and beigninsistant that they are right.

My grandpas girlfriend always does this. Tried to tell me to not give other food options to my 1 year old when he wouldn’t eat! Um no, that’s starving a kid. Not parenting them.

And best yet, spanking. And her “kids all turned out fine” ohhh right that’s why they all moved States away from you and hardly visit? Yah..okay...sure...

@mrsbubbles-2 yes it’s a real and horrible condition. Like I literally get so angry. Ticking clocks etc. white noise machines. They help my kid sleep but they drive me crazy. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hfooter So you're really telling me that letting infants roll around in playpens in the rear cargo area of a vintage SUV isn't the way to do it anymore?  :D
  • Options
    NOT STAYING HOME WITH YOUR SICK KIDS
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Options
    hfooterhfooter member
    edited March 2018
    @neeraja_k lol omg don’t even get me started on the car seat complaints!

”but what about his legs!? He has no room” when referring to my perfectly content 3 year old still rear facing....ugh

I sure hope I’m not the same when I’m older.

I had to literally fight my MIL on rice cereal. I didn’t want to give it to my kids, and didn’t because of my own research and talking to my pedi. But nope, she wouldn’t hear of it...One of the last times she pushed for it she said “sometimes I would just grind up cooked rice for the boys...” insert major eye roll...yah rice cereal, I already told you no. Ughhh

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ah yes, my mom already gave me the whole story about "pablum" or whatever the hell that is. Apparently I wasn't sleeping through the night on formula, so her mother told her I was hungry, feed me pablum mixed with formula. Supposedly it worked, I went to sleep that night and every night afterwards. No idea how old I was at the time, but I'm wagering on not old enough for solid foods yet.

But my mom's weird notions about things and then remembering how awful she treated me as a kid, are definitely making me inclined to not listen to her on just about anything child related. Like weaning in the dark of the moon. Just wtf. So thank goodness I have the wisdom of so many mothers here to help steer me away from the crazy.
  • Options
    Oh yes, I’d never pump and dump, my supply was shit, so I think there was maybe one time where I had enough to not feel great about feeding DS, I pumped and used that for putting on my zits and any scratches DS and I had for a while. Magic. 

@hfooter exactly! DS will be rear facing until he reaches the limits of his seat. Sorry but I’d rather him have a chance of a broken leg (still less likely to happen than if he was forward facing though) than internal decapitation but whatever. 

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!

• Options
    @hezzer78 oh god my SIL gets so specific with it. She recently posted a huge rant aimed towards my BIL’s first wife, and it was ridiculous. 

She loves the phrase “washing my hands of certain people” and once it was aimed towards me, but did she tell me that she was annoyed with me for some stupid reason? Of course not. She posted that on Facebook, then ranted to my MIL and I didn’t even know I did anything to upset her until my MIL told DH. And this happens all the time. So done with their drama!

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11

• Options
    @livinthesunnylife no. Not that at all! I did the same with my daughter. Here's an example of what I mean: a gf of mine at least once a week posts a selfie of her in her car. Maybe she's trying to show her makeup, or how good she looks that day, but literally it's the same exact position and face every single time. It's just very narcissistic to me. 
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    When people smoke outside in crowded places. Like at a parade. When you’re standing still and surrounded by people. GTFO. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Like @ladygali I HATE being interrupted. I will stop mid sentence and give rbf. It's #1 on my pet peeve list
    Same as @juliebird6 I also can't stand people who are late. It's a  total disrespect to everyone else's time

• Options
    My mom interrupts all the time and I’ve started talking over her saying “let me finish”. It’s been working, but she’s my mom and I can say about anything to her