July 2018 Moms

WTF Wednesday 3/14

Didn't see one yet, so...let's hear those WTF 
Image result for pregnant wtf gif

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: WTF Wednesday 3/14

• My WTF today is the weather. It was 70 on Monday and gorgeous. 50 today and raining cats and dogs. Just make up your mind weather! Can I ditch the tights or not?
  • wildtotwildtot member
    edited March 2018
    Wtf to DH. He’s running late because of a customer and i had to figure out how to get home to pick up DS. After figuring out a ride from the train station then picking up DS and giving him dinner and doing dishes, oh and i was on a work call most of that time, DH comes come and asks what’s for dinner. Dude I’m holding in my pee so i can keep an eye on DS eating while i do dishes. I’m no thinking about your food!! 

Eta why does he always have to take over the tv and be on the computer too? Let me watch my own stuff if your gonna be watching videos online!
  • Loading the player...
  • Wtf to the midwife I saw this morning. I had my monthly checkup and was told I gained 15 pounds since prepregnancy. I’m 20 weeks and figured that was on track since I’ve been told to stay in the 25-35 range. The midwife asked if I have been eating everything in sight? Ugh wtf! I am not normally that sensitive about my weight but I’ve been eating fairly healthy with the occasional bowl of ice cream and I still work out. Maybe she was joking but I found it a little offensive. 
  • @krystlerr not a great bedside manner! If she was concerned about your weight there are way better ways to say it than that! 
  • @krystlerr that is totally uncool. First of all, I don't know why some medical professionals think it is somehow okay to say things like that to a pregnant woman just because she's pregnant. Like, pregnancy does not somehow magically make it okay. Second, I started my pregnancy overweight and I have GD so the doctors really want me to keep my weight gain down, and they were very happy with the fact that at 23 weeks I've only gained 13 pounds. For someone not overweight and who does not have GD, 15 pounds at 20 weeks sounds totally fine and reasonable to me. 
  • @krystlerr that’s terrible for her to say. If she was concerned she could have said it in s much better way. At 20 wks i had gained 19lb. My starting weight was normal but my doctor only commented on it because i asked. She said i was on the higher end of gaining but not by much and i was better since my last visit. With DS i gained almost 50 and i was never told anything. I guess i just make big babies. Sorry you had that upsetting experience!
  • @krystlerr yea that was definitely insensitive. @zande2016 that's how i feel about EVERYONE not just medical professionals - so many people say the rudest things or just reach out and touch pregnant women - it's like boundaries of any kind disappear as soon as you are obviously pregnant. Oh man the questions some people ask.
    WTF to this brain fog...my back has been out for 2 days so not sure if it's PG brain, pain fog, lack of sleep or combo, but I'm absolutely useless at work right now.  I think i'm also burnt out from the work BS from last week. nap please?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SmashJam @zande2016 @wildtot @gingerbride26 @DynamiteTrujillo thank you ladies for the support! It was definitely a weird comment and my OB hasn’t even commented about my weight at all. Im taking it with a grain of salt. I guess people, medical professionals or not just don’t have a filter.