October 2018 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday (3/14)

What nonsense is going on this week?  Stupidity?  Just wants to make you laugh/scream/cry out of incredulity?

Re: WTF Wednesday (3/14)

• Options
    Some of you may remember my toxic mother I had to block on everything? I checked my blocked messages the other day and saw that I had a new one from her, asking if she could mail DD an Easter basket. Knowing that I'm Pagan and don't celebrate Easter and never have. WTF mother?
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    Well, it would be a bit late for Ostara...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I work on a floor in the midteens.  One of our three elevators has been nonfunctional the last three months while they complete renovations on it. 

I walked out today to discover that the buttons that operate the other two elevators have been covered by an official warning to not use the elevators for our own safety.  The caution tape is still across the third elevator. 

Da fuq?

I took the freight elevators down- and it smelled like stale cigarette smoke. I hope I can get back up...
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    edited March 2018
    @mytrueloves To clarify, I do think based off of your last story, that your mother has boundary issues. That said, my mom is fully aware that we are atheists, but still loves to spoil us with every holiday imaginable (including non-religious ones). I could choose to be upset, but prefer not to because...is that the hill I wanna die on? Nah. 

Though, I know that showering us with gifts comes from a very kind place in my mother. Your mother might have some manipulation tactics up her sleeve that I'd certainly be wary of. 
  • Options
    @knottieamusements I would definitely be WTFing that. 
    @stithof I feel like she's up to something because she's never asked that before. I think she's trying to "change the subject" so to speak after her tirade OR it could be that she wants our new address. Who knows.
    I think the most WTF thing about it for me was the fact that this was the first thing she said to me after sending me message after message saying terrible things about me and DF. Like, how do you go from that to talking about Easter plans???
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @mytrueloves I have a family member with BPD and NPD...I'm very familiar with this manipulation tactic. Anything to be back in communication with you.

So sorry you're going through this. It's so hard. Ugh. 
  • Options
    @stithof Thank you for the support. I can't wait until I can change my number and don't have to deal with even these blocked messages anymore. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @mytrueloves - for all my snark, I agree with @stithof. One of my dear friends had to cut her Mom off for similar reasons about five years ago.  I know it is still painful for her, but she is doing a lot better not having to manage her Mom’s issues in addition to her own. 
  • Options
    @knottieamusements Been there, done that. It was an incredibly difficult and guilt-ridden process, but we're better for it.
  • Options
    So...

I rent a two-story house (technically 3, if you count our basement). I pay good money and we are excellent tenants. 

There is a studio apartment attached to our house and a young couple just moved in. Worst nightmare.

They had friends over late last night (where do you all fit?!), blasted music until 2am, and SMOKED CIGARETTES IN MY FUCKING HOUSE. The smoke came through our vents and kept me awake most of the night. 

Hell hath no fury like a pregnant woman who hasn't gotten at least 9 hours of slumber. My husband is laying down the law after work...because he doesn't trust me to be kind. He's not wrong.
  • Options
    Cigarette smoke is the worst right now (and cigars). I host bar trivia on Tuesdays, and even though they can't smoke in the bar sometimes the smell wafts in. It makes me gag.
  • Options
    WTF morning sickness. I spent six weeks getting sick at night and feeling OK in the morning. Now suddenly I’m getting sick in the morning too. I’m 11 weeks! When will this end?
  • Options
    When did a coughing fit start triggering vomiting?  WTF

At least I didn’t want to eat tonight, so the only thing to come up was chocolate milk.  Pro-tip: recently consumed chocolate milk is on the less worse end of the scale to come back up. 
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @knottieamusements when the risk of vomit is ever present what it's going to be like on the way back up is something one must consider.  Also, since I know you have the same affliction, I had my third tooth brushing related vomit this morning and luckily it was just water.    
  • Options
    @KFrob - Brushing teeth before breakfast is definitely the way to go- whatever my dentist might say. 
  • Options
    I pretty much throw up every morning. Part is due to me being so congested. 
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt @knottieamusements @KFrob @sammierose464

So sorry all you ladies are vomiting so often :(

Hopefully this phase will end soon for you!
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    Thanks!  @stithof So far I've only barfed when brushing my teeth so I'll take it!  I feel like I have it easy  :)
  • Options
    @stithof - I take the two times I’ve barfed as my 1st Trimester merit badge.  :)

I’m pretty sure I have this whole morning sickness thing easy compared to many other women. 
  • Options
    I just keep reminding myself that it means baby is healthy...
  • Options
    Thanks! Here is hoping!
  • Options
    I've been dealing with this change to our HSA administration at work. It's been hell trying to get all of the right groups in agreement of how the data feeds will work to allow this change to happen. I find out today, the whole thing is going on because our new director okay'd the change without really researching the impact. It's something that had we had enough of a heads up on how detailed it was (minimum of 3 months), we could have programmed it to work fine. Now we are scrambling to figure out a work around in two weeks.

When I told him I was frustrated he informed me that if everything was easy, we wouldn't have jobs. Well, I've got enough "hard" stuff to do right now, like manage open enrollment. And our whole team is new within the last year, so no one on the team has gone through an open enrollment cycle.
  • Options
    @sammierose464 I wake up congested every morning too! So many dried and non dried boogers!! I swear it starts once I crawl into bed for the night. never had this issue before pregnancy!
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth Ugh. That's me...forever and always. Perpetually stuffy.
  • Options
    I’m beginning to wonder if the pregnancy congestion is being compounded by the early spring allergies congestion.  

I have felt awful the last three days- and it all seems to be congestion related. 
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth I was reading it's a symptom of pregnancy since you're producing more mucus. I already produce enough, and add that with my allergies, I always need kleenex around me. I wake up so stuffed up and that leads to me puking.
  • Options
    Thankfully I don't have allergies so this only happens at night and only since pregnancy. I feel for you @sammierose464 having them stacked to the point of throwing up. I know when I get a cold I have gotten very close to throwing up because of the congestion at night. I keep fearing the day it will happen with pregnancy. Nothing like waking up in a panic because you can't breathe! 
  • Options
    Not a Wednesday but need to vent.
    I put my daughter's enormous birthday balloon in my yard and rushed to pick her up from school. I came home and realized the wind carried it off into my neighbors yard. I was cleaning out my car (impossible to keep it clean with 2 kids).  My neighbor (not the one with the balloon in his yard) yells "are you going to come get the balloon. I am walking over to get it and ask agitated "did you think I would leave the balloon in their yard?"  He replies" Yes I do.  Papers blew out of your recycling bin into my yard before. You may want to bag up your recyclables ".
    "I'm sorry if I see papers I try to pick them up" in which he replies " try harder ". 
    What he doesn't know I'm a pregnant lady with hormones raging. What the hell. I don't deserve to be talked to that way. 
    End of rant. I feel much better.
  • Options
    How rude.
  • Options
    I was just assigned my part of the bridal shower... by the bride.  Wtf? Since when does the bride plan and assign things for the shower?  Also, why do I have to bake and do all the decorations while our other sister (the freaking chef) just shows up and helps the day of on account of her being out of town & having kids.... hello, I have kids too!  Does she think cookies can’t make a 4 hour drive?  The poor maid of honor has been assigned a Pinterest mimosa bar and the remaining bridesmaid gets to put together game prize baskets from things already purchased.  So basically, the MOH and I have to go out and buy/make stuff and the other two get to show up... if this had been something the 4 of us had planned and decided on I wouldn’t care about the breakdown, but since it was assigned by the freaking bride with zero discussion among the bridesmaids about a shower at all yet, I’m mad. Hormones aren’t helping either.  Of course, those two agreed right away and the MOH and I have yet to respond to the message.

Ok, I’m done. I mean, I could go on, but it’s just going to make me angrier.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I don't blame you at all. The family and the bridal party should plan. Although, my maid of honor didn't do much at all... It also doesn't seem like it was fairly distributed. hopefully the other ladies will offer to help (or maybe you can ask them and they will willingly help.)
  • Options
    @sammierose464 My MOH also didn’t do much, but the rest of the bridesmaids did. From what I know of this MOH, she would have done something. Unfortunately, the out of town sister is likely to not do anything extra (she was my MOH) and the other bridesmaid commented how perfect the plan was, so I’m not seeing a whole lot of help from her either.

My assignment isn’t really that hard, but the fact that it was assigned to me makes me not want to do it.  Bridesmaids throw the shower because they want to (aka it’s pretty much expected, but they know it is when they agree to be in the wedding). The bride doing it, or telling the bridesmaids to, feels so greedy and selfish and gift grabby.... 
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2 wow! That’s totally not appropriate. Sorry, but she sound bridezilla like. Showers are not planned by the bride.
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2 oooh that definitely soundsbridezilla level. Good luck
  • Options
    I felt so weird about having a shower. I even told my mom and MIL about it. They both told me I deserved it, and that made me feel a little better. I helped my mom's pick out a theme and ideas, and did help with some of the centerpieces. However, I left most of it up to them. I had 3 bridesmaids - one who lives 5 hours away, my sister, and my best friend from HS (my MOH). I think my friend who lives out of town did more work for any of my wedding/shower/bachelorette party than anyone else.
  • Options
    The bride helping and having input is fine, but what she did, no.  I was actually looking forward to helping plan one.  This is my baby sister!  But now, not so much.  I also just found out there’s a 50% chance it will be on a day that I can’t go.