November 2018 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In w/o 3/14

This is a check in for those of us who are experiencing pregnancy after a loss (miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, stillbirth, child loss, to name a few). Hopefully we can all lend support to each other through the hormone-filled craziness that is pregnancy! Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 

4. Any appointment updates?

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 

6. GTKY: Tell us about the best vacation you've been on. If you haven't been on a great vacation, tell us about your dream vacation! 
*TW*
Me: 31 | DH: 33
DD1: 8/2014  <3
TTC #2: 6/2017
BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
DD2: 10/2018  <3

Re: PGAL Check In w/o 3/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @KristoKekerooni I am right there with you and the anxiety! PGAL brain is out of control. I can only ever say that for right now everything looks promising. I can't accept that I am PG until I am farther along and even then I will probably always wait for something to happen. Its so hard (((hugs)))  

@middleschoolmommy I am having insomnia nightly and I am dragging every day. I hope you get to cancel your cruise! Keep us updated on your betas! 

@offtoneverland Yay for passing milestones and seeing a HB!!! I binge watched the new QE on Netflix a few weeks ago and loved it!
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 , I hope so hard that this one sticks so you don't have to do IVF. 
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    @KristoKekerooni I’m so sorry you’re having such a hard time. I think you have every right to feel all the feelings you are. Sending tons of positive vibes your way and so pulling for things to go smoothly for you!

@mockingjay1 I’m just like you with snapping at my SO. I have a hard time showing how vulnerable I actually feel. I hope time flies for you this week so you can get some reassurance at your appointment!
  • Options
    @offtoneverland congrats on your milestone!!!! And I love Disney! Jealous!

6w1d. I've passed the date of my MC, so that's a relief!

Exhausted. Especially on work days. Yesterday I fell asleep in an awkward position on the couch, and DH took a picture. Meanie. Also achy. Not so much cramps. But aching. Food aversions and all that.  

I had a nightmare last night that I was bleeding. It was a Total flashback. I woke up crying and panicking. 
    But I got some great advice on here, and I'm trying to be optimistic!

Unfortunately no appointment for another 6 weeks. 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? 
    Husband has been sick, and I feel like I've been doing a crappy job taking care of him. Work this week was brutal. Hopefully next week will be better!

6. GTKY: Tell us about the best vacation you've been on. If you haven't been on a great vacation, tell us about your dream vacation! 
    I LOVE to travel! I've been on several big trips. Have to say the best was our honeymoon. We spent a month in Australia and New Zealand, scuba diving on the great barrier reef, black water rafting in glow worm caves, learning to surf, Lord of the rings tours, swimming with wild dolphins... We packed in as much as we could. 
    Also going back to Europe in July. Might be a rough trip, as I seem to have miscalculated before we started trying haha. So I'll be a bit farther along than I had intended. 
  • Options
    ariesellearieselle member
    edited March 2018
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 6 weeks 3 days!

Sore boobs but other than that- great!

Much better now that I’ve had betas twice and the numbers are increasing steadily as well as the first US and the baby’s heartbeat is 128 BPM. The dr. said anything over 120 is good so we were happy. 

just had a viability US today and it was great!  It’s funny because every US I see this early is just blobs to me but when I saw it I knew exactly where my little sweet pea was! I go back in two weeks for the first official full visit and another US. 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): Not too much. I mentioned in the “when will you tell” post I have a girls brunch where there will be lots of drinking and they will know if I’m not so I’m half excited/half nervous about telling so early. A few know about my MC at the end of January. I know they will all be happy but I just don’t want to jinx anything. 
    Oh another rant- I gave up bread, pasta, and pizza for lent. It’s not easy to find things to eat, esp. while KU! Today they had a pizza party in my suite at work. I’m amazed by my willpower to not have any! Can I be like preggo phoebe from friends when she eats meat “for the babies” and convince someone to not eat bread, pasta, or pizza until Easter? Any takers?

6. GTKY: Tell us about the best vacation you've been on. If you haven't been on a great vacation, tell us about your dream vacation! 

My DH and I took out honeymoon last year to the Seychelles. It was amazing! We had a layover in Dubai and spent a day there on the way back. Flights took about a day each way but well worth it. Anyone want info on either feel free to PM me!

@Babybrain2018 I’d love to go to Australia!!! So jealous!

To everyone else- I’m a FTM so learning about what it all means as I go through it. I’m rooting for us all to have our rainbows and promise I’ll show love when I can give any support. I’m just so clueless now and don’t want to say something that isn’t helpful or supportive!

ETA:correct tag and a spelling error
  • Options
    @arieselle I was on my birth month board EVERY Day during my first pregnancy! It kept me sane. I hope you find any help/comfort/answers you need here! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy Enjoy your spring break. What are you reading?
    @sarcaztic1016 It took me a while to figure out that you're caybb from TTGP! Good luck with your beta tomorrow. Do you have heat in your house tonight?
    @KristoKekerooni Hugs, friend. I'm so sorry you're feeling so anxious. I think all of your feelings are completely valid. You worked so hard for those embies for such a long time, so it makes sense that you'd be so sad worrying that one of them did not stick. Don't feel dumb about that at all. I'm so excited for your u/s on Monday! I have everything crossed for you. I hope until then, you can find just a little bit of peace so you're not as stressed out. Good luck getting your TSH worked out too. 
    @mockingjay1 I hope that the rest of the week goes by quickly until your appointment next week. I'm sure YH understands you being emotional right now. I'm so hopeful that you won't have to go forward with IVF. As for your GTKY, I grew up in Montana so I went to Yellowstone a few times. It's so beautiful! I would love to go back with MH sometime. He would love it there. 
    @jennak210 Your month long vacation sounds glorious! What did you think of your Disney cruise? It's my favorite way to vacation because it's so convenient and the staff makes you feel like royalty! 
    @babybrain2018 Wow, that Australia trip sounds so amazing! Where are you going in Europe? 
    @arieselle Hooray for a great u/s today! So happy for you. As for lent, I'm pretty sure that God will forgive you if you need to eat some carbs. ;) The early days of pregnancy are rough and sometimes carbs are the only thing I want to eat! Definitely make sure you're taking care of yourself and eating what you need in order to feel better. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @arieselle oh my gosh it was SO amazing!! Highly recommended!!
  • Options
    @offtoneverland yes! We finally have heat again!! I am so grateful, you never know how awesome heat is until it’s gone! 

I changed my SN awhile ago on TK but it took awhile to kick in! 
  • Options
    @sarcaztic1016 Our HVAC went out a few winters ago when DD was just an infant. It took several days for them to get out to replace it, so we holed ourselves up in a small room with a few space heaters to try to stay warm. It was miserable. So glad you have heat! 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @offtoneverland I'm on the 2nd book in the Broken Earth series. It's really interesting, but I don't know how to describe it without giving things away lol! Basically, a few people have evolved to where they can manipulate the earth/ground but they are outcast and/or murdered because of this. There really is more to it...

Where in Montana did you grow up? DH was born in Livingston and lived in Lewistown (and Butte for a year with me). He still has tons of family and friends there so we try to visit every couple years, but airfare is getting ridiculous! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @arieselle - I will seriously join you. I've been so unhappy with the amount of carbs that I have been eating lately that I am ready to break away. Two weeks is not too long to do it!

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 4w3d

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)?  I'm having some cramping and back pain, bloat is ridiculous already and I am super irritable. The one symptom that I always have way early and haven't had yet is nausea, which is making me nervous but I am trying to stay positive. 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? See previous question. Other than that, I just keep telling myself "I am pregnant today" and that helps me. It's still way early though so we'll see how I feel as the days go by.

4. Any appointment updates? I had my blood drawn yesterday and progesterone was a little low so I got a prescription for it. Tomorrow is the second draw and depending on results we'll make an appointment. 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever: DH and I were talking and he basically told me not to get attached to the pregnancy because I have miscarried before. I think his intention was good because he knows losses have hit me hard in the past but the way he said it was awful and the fact that I've had a short fuse lately didn't help either. I was so mad. 

6. GTKY: Tell us about the best vacation you've been on. If you haven't been on a great vacation, tell us about your dream vacation!  Our honeymoon to Hawaii was my favorite. We spent a week in Kauai and a week on the Big Island. It was so amazingly fun and relaxing.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I woke up this morning not feeling well. I had the the faintest, tiniest bit of light pink spotting. So faint I wasn't positive it was there. Nothing on the second trip to the bathroom. Relief/fear had me bawling my face off. I don't know if I can go through this again. I want this baby so badly. I'm trying to relax and tell myself there is nothing I can do and there is no point stressing. 
    It's not working though. 
  • Options
    ginjsginjs member
    5w5d

Some waves of nausea, but haven’t gotten sick yet. In the evenings I keep having that skin crawling feeling, not my favorite, but trying to remind myself that symptoms are good!

Not great today...had a little bit of spotting before lunch. Just the tiniest amount of pink, but enough to make me really nervous. 

Nothing until 3/27. 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 
    I teach dance and we are in the middle of setting recital choreography. I feel like this anxiety has squashed my creativity! I was finally starting to feel a little more optimistic yesterday, but now with the spotting I’m nervous again. (I tend to be a worry wart anyway)

Paris! We went for our 5th anniversary, I could go back every year if we had the money! Bread/cheese/champagne picnic under the Eiffel Tower was the best!
  • Options
    ginjsginjs member
    @babybrain2018 I’ve got similar things going on today. FX for both of us!

@offtoneverland I’ve heard such great things about the Disney cruises. It’s definitely on my bucket list!
  • Options
    @babybrain2018 Oh no! I had one instance of reddish/pinkish spotting about 2 weeks ago, and I flipped out. I was sobbing in the bathroom at work and it was really scary. Have you had any more spotting today? If not, it sounds like it's probably normal early pregnancy spotting. I asked my nurse about it and she said as long as it was light spotting, it was totally fine. *TW-loss* I know for me, with my 3 CPs, the spotting started and turned into heavy bleeding with clots very quickly, so it's probably good news if you haven't had any more spotting today. *end TW* I'm so so sorry for the stress though. I have my fingers crossed for you! Please keep us updated. 
    @ginjs Same goes to you about the pink spotting. So sorry for the extra stress this is putting you through! What type of dance do you do? 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    ginjsginjs member
    @offtoneverland thanks for the peace of mind. I’m trying to think positive thoughts, and it is definitely different than my CP. 
    I teach mostly ballet, but a little jazz, tap, and contemporary as well. :)
  • Options
    @offtoneverland thank you! That helps ease my mind a bit. There hasn't been any other spotting all day. Which is a relief. But about half an hour ago I was doubled over by a weird pain. I've had aching fairly constantly. Which I have attributed to growing uterus pains. But this was almost sharp. I have been trying to convince myself it's a weird UTI or something. But it's something I've never felt before.  My husband suggested maybe it's just weird growing pains because my uterus is messed up. Trying to stay positive as long as the bleeding stays away. 

*TW with my last loss, it was fairly heavy spotting followed rapidly by cramping and then within a few hours full out bleeding and clots. And of course, the first call I went to that morning was a 16 year old having a MC, screaming in pain. I remember thinking "great. This is what I have to look forward to in the near future..."
    Not a good day.  End TW

I'm definitely an emotional wreck today though haha. This is at least the 4th time I've cried. 
    Don't show me any puppy /animal commercials today haha
  • Options
    @babybrain2018 It is definitely okay to be an emotional wreck. The early days of pregnancy are so incredibly stressful, especially with spotting. I'm so thankful you haven't had any more spotting! That is weird about the pain you were having today though. Perhaps try to get in to see your OB if it continues. 
    @ginjs That's so fun about the types of dance you teach! I don't dance myself, but I love watching it so much. So You Think You Can Dance is one of my favorite shows. :) 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy I’m hopeful I can keep up with everyone!! But just reading everyone else’s conversation is helpful- all of the veterans are so knowledgeable and helpful @offtoneverland I almost caved and had pizza yesterday but my friend gave up cheese so I had her cheese and she had the rest. @babybrain2018 fingers crossed so hard for you that everything is ok! @vrj0522 I keep telling myself “2 more weeks”.  You can justify your pasta and pizza and bread cravings by saying you’re eating them for me! I lost 8 pounds last year doing it and just hoping to not have gained any because I’m going to be putting it on soon enough. I’m about 30 pounds overweight (luckily I’m tall). If it weren’t for lent, I’d be eating all the carbs.
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  6wks which is a big milestone. I had 2 early MC at the end of 5 weeks. This time around we used IVF and I am cautiously optimistic.

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? I have never been more tired in my life. Also the nausea keeps hitting me like a ton of bricks (thankfully I haven't gotten sick yet). My boobs are so sore and I feel as though I need new bras already but I want to wait a bit longer as in sure they'll keep growing.

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)?  I am super anxious and kind of walking on eggshells. I had a tiny bit of spotting the other day and I completely freaked out. I called my RE and since it was just a tiny bit and after my us she said it is normal. I also freaked out with every little twinge or cramp which I also know is normal. I am just so worried that this will not end with the outcome we hope for. I will fell so much better next week when we can see/hear the heartbeat.

4. Any appointment updates?  I've had 3 betas with the numbers rising the way they should. I also had my first US last Tuesday. We were able to see the gs/ys

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): rant: I an so hormonal and my poor DH takes the brunt of it. Rave:. He takes it like a champ and is so supportive

6. GTKY: Tell us about the best vacation you've been on. If you haven't been on a great vacation, tell us about your dream vacation!  My greatest vacation is a tie btw 2. Our honeymoon moon in Italy or our trip to Paris and Amsterdam. 
  • Options
    5w5d. 
    All the nausea (who knew my makeup has a smell and that smell could make me feel nauseous), a little bit of sore boobs. I'm not complaining though!

Not all that great. My loss was at 6 weeks in November. It started with 3 little specks of blood so every time I go to the washroom I am inspecting toilet paper like nobody's business, it's unhealthy. We're also trying not to think ahead, I haven't even told my husband the due date yet. I keep telling myself "be cool, be cool", I said it aloud in the middle of a meltdown and my husband and I had a good chuckle. Also, every little twinge throws me for a loop. I had a day of dull pain on my left side, I was going crazy.. turns out it was gas. Sigh, it's going to be a long haul. 

U/S and bloodwork scheduled for tomorrow. Cont'd in rant. 

So I got my BFP on March 9th, I called the OB right away (this OB had seen me at the hospital through the Early Pregnancy Assessment Clinic when I had my loss and had said that as soon as I got a positive pregnancy test to call her office and she would order bloodwork and early US for me). I called everyday the next week and just got my requisitions on March 16th.  So then I ask the office when I will know the results of the test and US, she says they will not book an appointment until around 12 weeks. Like hello? really? I won't get to know my betas or what shows up on my US until May? I'm losing my mind ("be cool, be cool"). I'm really considering if I want to stay with this OB. 

I love all the tropical vacations Cuba, Dominican, bring on the beach and sunshine! 
  • Options
    Hi all! I think I am about 5 weeks.. we did IVF after genetic testing so the embryo was 5 days when it went in!

sore boobs but I'm wondering if it's because of the Progesterone/Estrogen I'm on! The bloat is REAL also, which is annoying, especially since I can't exercise until the first ultrasound!

A little anxious.. they just lowered my progesterone and estrogen which is good(!), but of course makes me worried I need it more than they know. I have to keep reminding myself they are the experts, and that this baby is genetically healthy, so we've done all we can at this point! I had 3 m/c before going the IVF route, so some things are coming up for me during this process. Had a super realistic dream that we lost the baby last night- woke up and had to talk myself off the ledge by reminding myself that nothing has happened yet and to enjoy each day as it comes. My mantra is, calm, relaxed, and confident!

Nope-- ultrasound  is April 2!

I'm enjoying living with this little secret, and imagining my future with this babe. I have so many friends with kids and I'm so excited to get to experience this chapter, as exhausting as it will be!

Been super lucky to have been raised traveling, due to family living all over the globe. Most special trip was when I went to Africa with my mom for a few weeks-- most magical place I've been!
  • Options
    5w6d (my levels had dropped at my 5w5d blood draw with my loss in January so I'm hopeful being a day past that right now)
    Nausea comes & goes, heartburn, hunger, I'm bloated. I'm on progesterone so I think my symptoms are increased because of that.
    I'm nervous, but I think that's how I'll be any pregnancy - I was with my first especially in the first tri with all the spotting/bleeding I had.
    I have an ultrasound on Friday!
    Not much happening this week. Just counting down the days until Friday!
    Disney cruise to the Bahamas with me & 7 other women in my family. It was a great cruise and the adults only beach on Disney's island was AMAZING!!!